Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371015 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #2220 on: April 14, 2011, 07:35:44 pm »

GOD DAMN IT, KEINE

WHY MUST YOU SPEW GEOMETRIC PATTERNS OF DEATH

I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE FUCKING VILLAGE, I JUST WANT TO FIND OUT ABOUT THE FAKE MOON

(Imperishable Night, or Touhou 8)
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

WhenInRome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: April 14, 2011, 07:48:21 pm »

My NPC commie traitor with the mutant power: invisibility was hiding in a broom closet, until one of the PCs started poking around with a broom handle (okay, mop, actually).  I took his arm off with my laser and ran away, but they followed my blood trail to a catwalk leading to one of the sector's roof struts with no way down.

Unfortunately, they wanted to capture me alive.  Even less fortunately, but somewhat more hilariously, they shot me with the experimental R&D electrostatic capture field...while I was standing right next to the four pounds of plastic explosives that one of the team had secretly planted a couple minutes earlier to fulfill her secret society's objectives.

Mist of blood and collapsing roof.

(Okay, yeah, I was the GM, but it still counts!)

I'm using my (registered, I swear) mutant power to detect you are talking about...
PARANOIA!
(Which is one of the best games I've played, if only more people played online)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: April 14, 2011, 07:52:39 pm »

My NPC commie traitor with the mutant power: invisibility was hiding in a broom closet, until one of the PCs started poking around with a broom handle (okay, mop, actually).  I took his arm off with my laser and ran away, but they followed my blood trail to a catwalk leading to one of the sector's roof struts with no way down.

Unfortunately, they wanted to capture me alive.  Even less fortunately, but somewhat more hilariously, they shot me with the experimental R&D electrostatic capture field...while I was standing right next to the four pounds of plastic explosives that one of the team had secretly planted a couple minutes earlier to fulfill her secret society's objectives.

I'm using my (registered, I swear) mutant power to detect you are talking about...
PARANOIA!

You win a cookie!

I don't like playing Paranoia online, because it's not obvious when things are happening that you're not privy to.  It's fun when you can't figure out what all those passed notes are about until suddenly, at the end of the mission, the master-stroke comes down.  It's less fun when you're sitting there wondering if everyone else is just idle.  Also, seeing people passing notes all over the place really does build a good vibe of distrust, of nervousness, one might even say of paranoia.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

WhenInRome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: April 14, 2011, 08:04:21 pm »

PARANOIA!

You win a cookie!

I don't like playing Paranoia online, because it's not obvious when things are happening that you're not privy to.  It's fun when you can't figure out what all those passed notes are about until suddenly, at the end of the mission, the master-stroke comes down.  It's less fun when you're sitting there wondering if everyone else is just idle.  Also, seeing people passing notes all over the place really does build a good vibe of distrust, of nervousness, one might even say of paranoia.

Yeah, but to play in real life you have to know people who also play Paranoia. And the only time I played with my friends, half of them had no idea what they were doing and left, and the other half just went "I killed you!" "No, I killed you first!". So the only option for me is playing online, but the community isn't very big, leading to games once in a BLUE-access moon.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: April 14, 2011, 09:27:19 pm »

A glitch in the game causes me to get easy points, but it usually causes my death.
I was shooting an Insurrectionist Gun Truck with my M4A2.
The truck had an automatic grenade launcher.
Shit explodes, killing me instantly.
The mission clock is still ticking, even though I died.
The mission clock reaches zero, 80 points!
The screen goes white for about three minutes, then cools off to me looking at the ground, and a bullet riddled metal plate.
The game is unresponsive.
God I love glitches.

Arma II: Combined Operations, in the armory.

This glitch can be replicated by using the UH-60 wreck static turret, and accepting a skeet shooting challenge. Let the time expire, and when it re-spawns you, the objective marker should still be there. From there on, only accept Survival missions. The 'enemies' should be friendly, and not shoot at you.
Enjoy your potentially unlimited points!

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: April 14, 2011, 10:27:55 pm »

Playing a character who relies on bound weapons because I stupidly forgot to take a weapon skill (I dropped my other weapons to save weight), I wandered into a tomb for a quest and was promptly killed by a skeleton using arrows of dispel, dispelling my bound mace before I could even get a hit in.

Game?
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: April 14, 2011, 10:41:55 pm »

Playing a character who relies on bound weapons because I stupidly forgot to take a weapon skill (I dropped my other weapons to save weight), I wandered into a tomb for a quest and was promptly killed by a skeleton using arrows of dispel, dispelling my bound mace before I could even get a hit in.

Game?
Oblivion

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: April 14, 2011, 11:15:54 pm »

Not I, but the first wolf I tamed was killed by a zombie.
Same night I tamed it, too. :b

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: April 15, 2011, 01:37:33 am »

GOD DAMN IT, KEINE

I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE FUCKING VILLAGE, I JUST WANT TO FIND OUT ABOUT THE FAKE MOON

Me: IMMA CHARGIN' CAMERA!
Her: IMMA FIRIN' MAH LASERS BLAAARGH!
Me: *pichu~n*

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: April 15, 2011, 01:39:24 am »

GOD DAMN IT, KEINE

LOOK OUT BRO, THOSE LASERS LOOK SICK, BEST IF YOU BOMB HER.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: April 15, 2011, 03:02:25 am »

I cast "Crash to Desktop". Whoops.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: April 15, 2011, 03:09:33 am »

I was trying to grind my Strike Gundam for Aile Strike Gundam, some douche comes out of nowhere and uses Red Frame's special, then beam rifle's me to death.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: April 15, 2011, 03:10:21 am »

Drone rushed at the start of the game

Fuck you, Insane AI

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: April 15, 2011, 02:53:37 pm »

I was knocked unconsious by a mystery soldier, and the damn nazis shot me to death.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: April 15, 2011, 02:57:21 pm »

Burned to death by an unstoppable wall of fire.

Then it turned out I wasn't the prey... I was the predator!
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 1575