Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1478 1479 [1480] 1481 1482 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372955 times)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #22185 on: February 26, 2020, 05:01:13 am »

T-t-triple fail!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
League of legends. Yumi got S+. I didn't even knew it existed.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 04:09:15 pm by MCreeper »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #22186 on: February 27, 2020, 12:14:11 pm »

My first contact with the Perisno mod for M&B Warband, i had read a lot of good about it, time to finaly check.
It took some time to load before accessing finally the character setup, i guess there must be a lot of scripts to load in this mod.

Anyways

Ok, reminds me a bit of Prophecy of Pendor early game difficulty curve, let's try again

Ok, definitively Prophecy of Pendor type of early game :D
I'll have to get some levels before getting into quests

looks like to get a good start the best method is to
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 01:37:49 pm by Robsoie »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22187 on: February 28, 2020, 03:11:11 am »

I made the foolish mistake of trying to play level 3 without my mapping software or the "Dumapic" spell, which acts like a compass. The result was being trapped in a maze of corridors that have pits and spinners at almost every intersection. By the time I got back out half my party was dead, and the survivors were still broke from the last round of resurrections.

Either I use a save state, or take a break from this game. I have seriously underestimated how difficult it is.

Wizardry 1.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 03:13:07 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #22188 on: February 28, 2020, 08:46:34 am »

Ah those teleporter and spinner tiles ... the devs of those old games like the dungeon master, eye of the beholder and wizardry series loved so much to make those traps.
Probably how much i hated those levels , such a pain to make their maps :D
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 09:17:34 am by Robsoie »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22189 on: February 28, 2020, 09:08:23 am »

I'm trying the Pathfinder Kingmaker game, and they certainly made some decisions putting this together. I can't tell if none of them have played a video game made in the last 20 years, or if they were actively hostile to the idea of making a good game. They give you 3 autosave slots, and then save so often that you can't go back to where you screwed up (which is a thing you can do). They put in sidequests, which you'd expect to 1) be able to handle without very specific powers unless they warn you ahead of time or providing you any way at all to handle and 2) need to do to keep up in a level-based game. There is also a timer that sometimes matters and sometimes doesn't, so sidequests might be bad? There's no way of knowing what to do without having already played the game, or reading a guide (at which point, just watch a LP of the game).

I made the foolish mistake of trying to play level 3 without my mapping software or the "Dumapic" spell, which acts like a compass. The result was being trapped in a maze of corridors that have pits and spinners at almost every intersection. By the time I got back out half my party was dead, and the survivors were still broke from the last round of resurrections.

Either I use a save state, or take a break from this game. I have seriously underestimated how difficult it is.

Wizardry 1.

Games of the time certainly did enjoy their "you must have x power to proceed".

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22190 on: February 28, 2020, 11:54:12 am »

I died to a Wanderer Ragnora deck, which is a fitting end I suppose. Widely considered the most cancerous deck in the game. But at least I got in wins with all of my favourite decks (Vespyr and Wall and Nemeton Vanar, Egg and Hatefurnace Magmar, Xor'Xuul Dying Wish Abyssian) in the hours leading up to it, and managed to hit Gold rank an hour before the end.

Then I died again - inside - when I finally closed the game, knowing that the login servers are now gone and it can never be opened again.

Duelyst.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22191 on: February 28, 2020, 05:52:58 pm »

At a friend's insistence I bought the steam version of FF15 only for the comrades multiplayer mode.  It probably should have been a warning that when we connected to eachother there was no-one else online, at all.

But after a couple missions together full of lag, freezes and desyncs and a combat system that seems to amount to hitting b until the enemy is dead as your combo animations seem to naturally evade every attack that comes your way, we came across a mission for the first thing that resembles a boss.

Carlyboss(sic?). My friend who actually played through the story said that it's the first real dangerous enemy.  Turns out it is but not for the right reason.  It spawned underground, friend is fighting it solo because it spawned right for him, so on my screen he's running around fighting nothing.  We just think it's a dysync at first so we restart.  Attempt 2, when it spawns in I see from the camera focusing on it that it's spawning underground.  Again friend can fight it but I cannot.  We restart again.  This time it spawned underground for both of us.

Death is that it took 2 hours and 15 minutes to get to this point.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #22192 on: February 29, 2020, 03:29:28 pm »

Trying out Fallout 4. Decided to spit on the main quest for a while and wandered off along the northern edge off the map instead of "going home". Got into some raider-infested radar tower. It gone more or less smoothly until i got to the boss.
"You feel it!? It's called fear!", followed by machine gun fire mowing me down in a second, 10+ times.
I have spent all ammo from it on 2 mirelurks, turret and a dog. One would think that softshell mirelurks would require less than 200 machine gun rounds to kill. And that's on merely "hard", meaning it's intended NORMAL amount of hp\armor.
Also, my modded-in "catgirl" looks like one from Code Vein. I suppose there are no wearable towels in vanilla? Hopefully Fallout 4 will turn out to be better than Code Vein (but fucking a man, they removed skills!). Like enemies, that are now more talkative and sometimes attempt suppresion fire. I will loathe them by fifth encounter, but now i like them.
Also also, any recommended mods?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 04:27:16 pm by MCreeper »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #22193 on: February 29, 2020, 07:41:30 pm »

Goddamned Takashi-san!

AND IT WAS THE LAST EVENT IN THE LIGHTHOUSE TOO

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22194 on: February 29, 2020, 08:07:58 pm »

Joined a group of randos on an egg hunt, two scouts, the host as an engineer, and me, a driller. We touch down, clear out the welcoming committee, taking some hits as we do. Once they're all dead, one of the scouts leeroys off into the depths. Unsurprisingly, he gets downed, and quits before we can go revive him. A gunner joins up, and we bunch up near one of those dirt patches coverin a tunnel leading straight down while he drops in. As we wait, we can hear a large bug somewhere below us, somewhere close. The drop icon pops up and the new guy is seconds away, so the remaining scout starts digging down. He opens a path and
BOOM
All three of us are instantly downed just as the new guy spawns. He drops, comes to revive me since I'm closest, and
BOOM
Down he goes. We're all dead, and just before the fade-to-black one of those big exploder bugs comes up from the hole the scout dug. Turns out we had been standing right on top of it, and when the scout got close enough for it to attack, we all got caught in the blast. The gunner had no way of knowing what he was walking into, and we didn't have enough time to warn him.
F.

I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22195 on: March 01, 2020, 04:47:47 pm »

Among other deaths, jumped off a cliff at night. Didn't die from the fall, though, it was a piranha in the ocean. The fall did nothing.

Respawned, traveled back to where I died. Thought my body was very close to land. It wasn't. Also because of the fact that it was still night, I didn't see that there were four piranhas now. Like they knew I was coming back, so they were just waiting there. Bastards must have had a good laugh.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #22196 on: March 02, 2020, 08:56:03 am »

Sat on an uncomfortable chair and had a heart attack.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22197 on: March 03, 2020, 06:38:44 am »

Tore down my old hut and began transferring all the resources and pets to a new base. Along the way a baryonyx yeets my raft with its spin attack, crippling me and killing all but two of my dodos and my parasaur. After feasting on my birds, it came to finish me off. Fortunately, the raft still had enough forward momentum to carry the surviving animals out of the baryonyx's aggro range, sparing them.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22198 on: March 03, 2020, 09:11:05 am »

Note: The chaos only gets worse from there. It's not like I already had all important research done in the first place.
it's over

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22199 on: March 03, 2020, 05:42:26 pm »

Are those steel walls? Are they still flammable?

Spoiler: lol at Boltersam (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 1478 1479 [1480] 1481 1482 ... 1575