Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371027 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #2190 on: April 11, 2011, 02:45:52 pm »

Made too many thermal boreholes which resulted in the seas rising and flooding about 80% of the world. This wasn't too bad, since I had just speed invested in pressure domes for all my bases, but it did destroy all my landbased terraforming and all the units I had out fighting. Unfortunately, even with all the boreholes destroyed, the mindworms decided to keep smashing my bases.

WHAT IS THIS< AND HOW CNA I GET IT ?
... Alpha Centauri, a masterpiece of a videogame and an undeniable classic.
Uncultured swine. 8)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: April 11, 2011, 02:47:51 pm »

Made too many thermal boreholes which resulted in the seas rising and flooding about 80% of the world. This wasn't too bad, since I had just speed invested in pressure domes for all my bases, but it did destroy all my landbased terraforming and all the units I had out fighting. Unfortunately, even with all the boreholes destroyed, the mindworms decided to keep smashing my bases.

Uncultured swine. 8)
Yeah. Was trying out a new strategy involving long range thermal boreholes and Clean Reactor Supply Convoys. 12 holes with convoys let me pump out even the biggest secret project in 3-4 turns.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: April 11, 2011, 02:55:18 pm »

Uncultured swine. 8)
Yeah. Was trying out a new strategy involving long range thermal boreholes and Clean Reactor Supply Convoys. 12 holes with convoys let me pump out even the biggest secret project in 3-4 turns.
Yes, but how do I get it.

God DAMN it, learn to type before you get on the internet!  Laziness is not an excuse!

Dude chill it was one spelling mistake.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 03:30:14 pm by adwarf »

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: April 11, 2011, 02:58:39 pm »

Dude, double quote.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #2194 on: April 11, 2011, 03:26:04 pm »

find someone who still has a copy and buy it from them. Note: it does actually run in windows 7 64bit, and no you can't buy my copy.

Or you can get it on amazon for under 20 bucks
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 03:29:08 pm by Nadaka »
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: April 11, 2011, 03:30:12 pm »

Or you could just buy it off Amazon.

EDIT: Oopsie, didn't see the above edit. Oh well, there's a link for you.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: April 11, 2011, 03:35:23 pm »

Yeah, just buy it, it's not hard to find.  Alpha Centauri is totally awesome, and is seriously worth saving up the money for even if you are just fourteen.

Also, clean-reactor convoys are so totally broken.  Hell, convoys themselves are enormously broken.  But that's part of the glory of it all.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: April 11, 2011, 04:09:09 pm »

find someone who still has a copy and buy it from them. Note: it does actually run in windows 7 64bit, and no you can't buy my copy.
Uh, I have windows 7. Dunno if it's 64 though.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: April 11, 2011, 04:10:39 pm »

How much is your ram?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: April 11, 2011, 04:11:22 pm »

Just checked. It's 32 Bit :/

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #2200 on: April 11, 2011, 04:12:49 pm »

I was just noting that it runs in even the most recent version of windows that is known to have compatibility problems with older games. 32bit is fine.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: April 11, 2011, 04:36:28 pm »

I fell in Electrified Toxic Waste, which means I apparently fell into the secret ingredient of Red Bull.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: April 13, 2011, 11:00:55 pm »

I decided to go underground to eliminate the Giant bugs plaguing one of my Towns. I didn't expect the bugs to be quite so numerous, or to have as large a lair as they did. I ran out of ammo for most of my guns, then one of them spat a noxious substance at me, knocking me out and letting the others tear me apart in melee.

Totally stocking up on Assault Rifles and HP/Glaser ammo for the next attempt. AP doesn't do much damage and sometimes just goes straight through.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: April 14, 2011, 02:55:31 pm »

I was bum rushed by Head Crab Zombies ...................................................................................... again

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: April 14, 2011, 02:57:21 pm »

Shotgun much? Or failing that, any nearby object?
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 1575