Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1388 1389 [1390] 1391 1392 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376347 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #20835 on: November 08, 2018, 01:42:42 pm »

Was using Spike Ball to clamber around the ceiling looking for secret areas when I suddenly fell... several screen-lengths. Died on impact. Landed just above the checkpoint device just before the boss, and it's the only checkpoint in the mission.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #20836 on: November 08, 2018, 02:59:43 pm »

Will
blacksmith

Really?
Well I mean he was white so... not that big a deal.  Blacksmith is his title, he spent his adult life prior to joining the colony as a medieval blacksmith.

Didn't make that connection until you pointed it out lol.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20837 on: November 11, 2018, 01:27:09 pm »

Note to self: must grind. Jasmine's Steelix is more than 10 levels higher than my Quilava.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #20838 on: November 13, 2018, 01:59:45 pm »

What happens when it's been a long time you haven't played with OpenTTD

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20839 on: November 13, 2018, 03:17:59 pm »

Walked into a saloon in Rhodes, saw two lemoyne raiders bullying a guy at the bar, had a fist fight with them and won then turned round and got knifed by the third guy that I didn't know was there. Clearly they don't care for a fair fight.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 04:16:48 pm by Khan Boyzitbig »
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20840 on: November 13, 2018, 06:26:03 pm »

Died to the Kill Pillars on the Fourth Chamber - which is pretty good for me since I tend to die on the second or third stages. Also had a lot of guns with me when I did bite it, so I'm improving on that front too - though I admittedly had trouble choosing which ones were best for the situation.

Also, unfortunate habit of not using blanks and active items persists, though I hope to conquer it... someday...

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #20841 on: November 13, 2018, 11:53:52 pm »

Managed to finally reach QuAsSy with my rubber duck fully upgraded and the Terminus Est (aux weapons and all armor recycled for max hearts). Proceeds to get dunked on by what's normally the easiest boss in the game. RIP.

adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20842 on: November 17, 2018, 05:47:46 pm »

Magnemite used Thundershock!
*enemy Koffing's HP bar reduced to about 2 pixels*
Enemy Koffing use Selfdestruct!
Magnemite fainted!

Rocket Executive was defeated!

Who uses Selfdestruct on their last Pokemon? Look, I know it's totally within that guy's character to be a spiteful prick, but seriously, screw you Rocket Executive. Magnemite was just a few EXP short of leveling up.

EDIT: Numerous deaths, expected since it's my first time playing. Last before finally ragequitting was me coming up on a guy, I get 2 or 3 rifle rounds at least into his chest, and he snapshots me through the head.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 06:53:59 pm by Akura »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20843 on: November 19, 2018, 11:32:27 am »

Punched by a mechanical yeti.

Mega Man X8 may be a much better designed and engineered game than X7, but holy cow did they up the difficulty and make it tedious.  I almost got a game over during the intro sequence while being forced to play Axl, and did get game overs in the first two maverick levels I tried.  Finally got to Optic Sunflower and beat him, but every level has been a painfully difficult experience for some reason.  Avalanche Yeti's level is by far the worst though, so far, with the stupid ride chaser sequence that goes on forever and forces you to jump ravines you don't see coming until it's too late.  I think I might have gotten 4 game overs before I finally got to him, at which point... he killed me on my last life.  With the ultimate armor.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20844 on: November 19, 2018, 11:49:40 am »

And then you watch a speedrun and see someone beat the whole thing in under an hour.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20845 on: November 19, 2018, 12:19:34 pm »

Oh, I'm sure someone can.  I watched a speedrun of Mega Man X6 where someone managed to beat it without getting hit.  The speedrun didn't say it was a TAS, but it probably was.  I'm not sure it's possible to beat that game without getting hit even with tool assistance.  But if someone can beat it like that, I'm sure X8 can be too.  It's annoyingly hard and tedious, but X6 was on a whole new level and I managed to beat it somehow.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20846 on: November 19, 2018, 03:06:33 pm »

In Dungeonmans, an opponent switched my statuses (shielded) with theirs (pinned in place) after I teleported to an area near only 2 enemies (relatively safe for a Super Awesome Monster Party). I was already wounded, so being unshielded and unable to move while next to 2 enemies was not great for me. Especially when the first attack moved me into range of several other enemies. I mean, I could have chosen not to get into that fight, or prepared better, but trading out statuses with me is just mean-spirited. Well played, game.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20847 on: November 19, 2018, 05:47:15 pm »

Dear Team Rocket, please stop exploding your Pokemon and then complaining about losing. Especially that one Rocket Grunt whose only Pokemon was a Weezing that Self-Destructed, and then blamed his "lousy Pokemon" for losing. What did you think that move was going to do when you selected it?

Also, stop blowing up my Pokemon, they need the experience points.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20848 on: November 20, 2018, 03:52:48 pm »

Wild pokemon that self destruct are even more bizarre.  Like... why would you do this?  I guess it helps that pokemon don't die when they self destruct, somehow, but still.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20849 on: November 20, 2018, 05:26:21 pm »

Could just be an instinctual thing, like how some insects will die to defend their homes or food. Could be that those wild voltorbs or koffings are trying to keep you away from their nests.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1388 1389 [1390] 1391 1392 ... 1575