Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1358 1359 [1360] 1361 1362 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376790 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #20385 on: June 25, 2018, 07:09:56 am »

Bruh.

I haven't even opened Byond in years. I'm gonna have to remedy that. I've forgotten how legendary some of the stories that come from it can be.

It's worth noting that the dude playing the mime is a regular on the server and a complete fucking shitter. If he's on the list of people playing, I won't even bother playing on the station that round because it's just not worth putting up with his shitlording. He's also pretty goddamn robust, so there's really not much of anything you can do about him if he is around.

Which, really, made finally ending that sonofabitch all the more satisfying. I checked the Who list right after we gibbed his body, and saw that he'd immediately disconnected.

But yeah... Epic tales like that one are pretty few and far between, most of the time this server is just "find something to keep yourself occupied with on lowpop" or "try and avoid the king shitters of shitter mountain. Fail".

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20386 on: June 25, 2018, 07:25:03 am »

Aye, hasn't changed much then. I was most active in the early McStation days and back when Goon was Donut then Ovary station. If I remember correctly my UMcS name was Alec Whittier, and my Goon name was (the randomly generated pure gold) Penis Morgan. Christ, I still see that as a legitimate name. I usually ran as an Electrician, Scientist, Botanist, or Detective when those were options.

More on topic, King of Mercia opted to try to revoke my title no more than five minutes in, and beat me into submission when I said feck off.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #20387 on: June 25, 2018, 06:32:51 pm »

As I used my empty shotgun to pin a riot-shield bearing brawler against a wall, I struggled to reload my pistol with my other hand. No sooner did I get the mag in and finally bring it to bear, a new wave of 6-foot tall psychopathic hotdogs burst in and hosed me down with full-auto fire.

(H3VR)
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20388 on: June 25, 2018, 07:52:28 pm »

Epic story
What server was this? Based on presence of elves it didn’t seem like your typical SS13 server.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20389 on: June 26, 2018, 01:46:14 am »

Epic story
What server was this? Based on presence of elves it didn’t seem like your typical SS13 server.

It's just Terry, TG's euro server. Catgirls and plasmamen, but no elves.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20390 on: June 26, 2018, 12:22:33 pm »

Yeesh, Psychic really is overpowered.
I do have a strong Crobat for dark typing, but it just got sleep powdered despite 10 level advantage and slowly murdered :/

I would have spammed full restores I guess, except that I didn't mean to challenge the Elite Four just yet...  I forgot where that door led, heh.  Gained a couple levels for machop, of all things!
Pokemon Silver
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20391 on: June 26, 2018, 02:37:44 pm »

Crobat might get dark moves, but I wouldn't send it against psychic types unless no other options were available. Its poison typing just makes it too vulnerable, and Dark moves were all based on Special back in GenII; in other words, not benefiting from Crobat's solid Attack.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20392 on: June 26, 2018, 04:35:45 pm »

Was fighting a Zombie Possessor and a Putrid Moldman. The Moldman was dead, but everyone was getting low on HP and Paula was tapped out of PP. While Ness and Jeff line up attacks on the Possessor, I had Paula pray for a bit of healing.

"Paula prayed with all her heart. Suddenly a rainbow light surrounded the party*. The Putrid Moldman was revived!"

Really, God?

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20393 on: June 26, 2018, 06:25:15 pm »

Not quite a death but what turned out to be a very poor decision.

Figured I could capture and convert an avali to join my colony I named "The Multiculture Pals" like a cheesy old cartoon show.  With the addition of the avali I now have every one of the modded races I have installed in this one colony.  Little did I know how much trouble this little space raptor would be.

• First off I had to make his room in the freezer, what with avali not being comfortable in any temperatures above freezing, took a bit of doing and making a secondary freezer somewhere else, but they got their nice arctic room.  Eventually I got him a alpaca wool duster so he could work comfortably outside, but he still gets a slept in the heat thought so his room is still an extension of the freezer.
  • Next he had lost his tail and a leg in the fight that got him captured by me in the first place.  So he was very slow moving. I made a simple leg prosthetic easily enough, but avali tails are apparently hugely important for their move speed.  It took me 2 whole seasons to realize I could just give him a new one made of cloth by just operating directly and didn't need one special made first.
  • Next I realized that with combat extended their small carrying capacity means they can't carry any good guns, at least not with any additional ammo, and he could not equip any accessories because he needed his life support belt to breathe the air, so he pretty much carries around a pistol instead of the sniper rifle I originally equipped him with.
  • Then I realized that they have poor eyesight by default, making him rather poor at most work with a chance to fail outright at construction despite 11 skill, and making him only average at shooting despite his astounding shooting skill.
  • And finally he's now having mental breaks almost constantly because he is suffering from extreme pack loss, which is a -50 malus to mood which is going to last nearly a season, it's a miracle of cooking and statue sculpting that he has not completely snapped at this point.

Essentially this entire base has converted from a happy go lucky anti-racism cartoon show that secretly manufactures and sells drugs on the side, to a super expensive support group and counseling center for a single insane space raptor that lives in the fridge.  Way to go me.

Rimworld
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 06:32:14 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20394 on: June 26, 2018, 10:38:44 pm »

Was playing an Insanity, went to the Collector Cruiser mission and decided I'd beaten it before I can just wing it. Was an idiot and brought Jacob and Kasumi instead of Grunt and Garrus, and forewent the Arc Emitter... Needless to say, I reloaded after six attempts stopped almost instantly.

Mass Effect 2
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 10:40:24 pm by StagnantSoul »
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #20395 on: June 26, 2018, 10:45:15 pm »

Let me pose you a philosophical question: when death is coming, what is worse?  Knowing, or not knowing?

Spoiler: 2 images (click to show/hide)

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20396 on: June 27, 2018, 08:17:21 am »

Fought a level 26 behemoth as a level 2. It wiped the floor with my party. Granted it was a fight I couldn't win and was forced on me to show some mechanics, but we died so I guess it counts.

I later unstacked (weird mechanic) during the Ifrit fight and my chocochick was instantly burninated, taking out half of my healing. It got better.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20397 on: June 27, 2018, 11:44:25 am »

That was a good run. Steel two-handed sword and a devotion to the dark arts gods.
I had so many rings, wands (I made sure to give away any that might bypass my resistances), a belly full of blink dog (there was a pack of them on one level of the gloomy cave and I travelled through there quite frequently) and quite a bit of upgraded armour, such as a helm of PP, troll hide cloak of fire resistance and steel chainmail.

I probably should have been more worried about bringing the armour on my appendages up to speed, though... I had steel boots but they were destroyed by acid blood, and at least one of my stylish AF ommel hair gauntlets broke at some point and I hadn't found anything to replace them with in a long time.
I definitely got a bit cocky. Pretty sure I'd been at least a couple of levels deeper into the cave (I like to go to deeper levels quickly, so that it gens them based on the earliest stats possible) but I was going back and forth, systematically clearing out the earlier ones, selling stuff to a shop I found and offering relevant items to my beloved Nefas as well as Infuscor.

When I spotted a skeleton during one of my trips I thought nothing of it, expecting it to crumble in a hit or two.
Skeleton warriors had been no problem for me in the past, after all. However, this particular one had found itself a +4 iron mace somewhere, and by the time I realised shit was going wrong both my arms had been smashed into paste and I could neither use wands nor break them.
Helpfully, in my last-ditch effort to pray, I prayed to the wrong god - Mellis. Oops. That explains the polymorph.

Not that I think it would have saved me, anyway - I can't remember the exact ins-and-outs of the gods in the game (I haven't played the game much in a long time), but I don't think any of the ones I was pally with gave new limbs, and besides I might have died on the next strike before I could teleport, anyway. I actually think I may have been cursed at somewhere along the line, to boot... I'd been struggling to land normally-easy hits for a while. Think it might have been when I was about to starve and had to pray to a bunch of sub-par gods before I hit one that gave satiation. Whoops.    
Scabies was the god I was aiming for, does she grant her followers bodyparts in a pinch? I can't remember, but she seemed a more likely candidate than Nefas or Infuscor. Either way, that was fun! Killed Rondol after a couple of aborted attempts (well, I kinda mirrored myself, twice, and then a third time when I got blown up and my wands destroyed, so that was helpful even if the first clone died immediately), and took down an unexpectedly tough werewolf, followed by another later on that was a pushover. Also ate two of my previous corpses.

Obviously, I haven't played IVAN very much on this computer. It's been several years since I discovered the game, all of my lives together would take up a great many pages, I imagine. That was a pretty high score by my standards, though! I suck at the game, still. Especially now, when I'm out of practice.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 11:47:13 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20398 on: June 27, 2018, 12:29:35 pm »

Doom 3: Archviles will summon other creatures as the fight. The type they summon is semi-random. This one summoned Hell-Knights in a room about the size of my bedroom.

I believe I was effectively 2-shot.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20399 on: June 27, 2018, 12:41:19 pm »

Damned reverse polarity electroblocks! Stop smashing me into dust!

Honestly, I know it's not far into the game but this part is hella hard to me.

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 1358 1359 [1360] 1361 1362 ... 1575