Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1351 1352 [1353] 1354 1355 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376507 times)

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #20280 on: May 22, 2018, 01:12:24 pm »

every single sniper on the enemy was using an aim bot
TF2
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20281 on: May 22, 2018, 01:15:57 pm »

I have a lance of heavy, slow tanks.  figure I'd use the road randomly on map to give them a small speed bonus so they actually reach the fight sometime today.  There is a bridge on the road that crosses a lake.  The second tank, an assault tank wielding four RAC-2s, touches the bridge.  The bridge immediately buckles sending the tank into the drink.  The tank drowns, before any fighting even starts.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20282 on: May 22, 2018, 04:48:00 pm »

There is an option somewhere in Megamek  that gives bridges enough strength to carry all vees/mechs (not sure about superheavies, but how often do those come into play?).

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20283 on: May 22, 2018, 10:36:16 pm »

There is an option somewhere in Megamek  that gives bridges enough strength to carry all vees/mechs (not sure about superheavies, but how often do those come into play?).

I was just kinda surprised.  Usually the game warns you when you try to do something stupid.  (Hey that's going to cause a pilot skill check)
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20284 on: May 23, 2018, 03:53:08 am »

It won't warn you if you jump on buildings that can't carry your mech either.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20285 on: May 27, 2018, 07:53:11 am »

Spent almost an hour or so driving around. Built a decent rig. Took a mission to locate a drop crate within a time limit. Get to the area, and a big yellow rig drops in, with four machine guns in a cluster firing at physically impossible arcs. I return fire, destroying most of its parts except the core(which the guns are conveniently on top of). Shots hit my own cab, and my whole rig explodes.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20286 on: May 27, 2018, 09:37:50 am »

Had a touch of the blood plague, but that's okay, we already have a dose of the cure prepared back at base. But the plague zombies kept coming, and the infection became worse. 20 minutes to make it back home. More plague zombies.

A recovery team was sent out, Carl was dealt with. His gear was recovered and given to the next recruit in training. We torched a nearby plague heart in his honour. Carl's skills in close combat will be missed, as will his skill with music which helped with morale in tough times. RIP buddy.

(State of Decay 2)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20287 on: May 29, 2018, 03:11:46 am »

The version of Super Turbo on the SF 30th Anniversary Collection has the cheapest AI that I have faced in any game, period. Mortal Kombat Trilogy's AI is better, which I didn't think was possible.

I picked Zangief for arcade mode and naturally the first fight put me at a terrible disadvantage, fighting against a CPU Ryu who did nothing but spam hadoukens for the entire match, which wouldn't have been a problem if it didn't start furiously button-reading to instantly react to whatever I do when I finally manage to get close.

Before this, I had played through the Third Strike arcade mode and beat the final boss, which took me less time than it did to clear the first fight on Super Turbo.

Also, the difficulty was on 3/8. Even on the other variations of SF2 the AI isn't nearly this bad, it seems to be exclusive to this one variation for some reason. Which sucks because this is, to my knowledge, the only SF2 which doesn't run in super-slo-mo, and is the one that everyone plays. I'm seriously hoping that it gets patched out when the game actually releases and is just something they put in to troll people who got the game early or something.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 03:15:17 am by IronTomato »

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #20288 on: May 29, 2018, 09:06:50 am »

got stun-locked, didn't have enough healing items, got my skull pulverized by a big guy with a brick, weird mid-dodge hit boxes, and I'm too used to square being attack and X being dodge (I blame witcher 3 for that)

Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #20289 on: May 30, 2018, 03:20:04 pm »

Declared war on the Ottomans to take Bosnia. Called in all my allies, including the North German Federation.

The North German Federation immediately took charge of the war and turned it into an anti-British wankfest. They added goals to humiliate the UK and cut them down to size; in the peace treaty, these were the only things they did.

At the end of the war, half the brigades in my army were understaffed. I did not get Bosnia.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20290 on: May 30, 2018, 07:59:54 pm »

Was woefully unprepared to face the Abyssal Remnant. Also didn't help I was using a pike, so no shield.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #20291 on: May 31, 2018, 12:57:25 pm »

In the mission "Lady Boyle's party", I rewired a panel in the off limits second story and the game told me an alarm was turned off.  Thinking the panel next to it was also an alarm, I rewired it; and was helpfully told that the wall of light downstairs would now kill everyone except me.  About three seconds later I pulled out of the whale oil canister powering the wall of light to prevent that from happening.

When I finished my business upstairs and went downstairs to blend in with the party, everyone immediately flipped the fuck out and guards started shooting me.  The wall of light incident was too far back to bother reloading a save, so I completed the mission.  The mission complete screen revealed that instead of the two people I expected to have killed, I killed 3.  So depending on whether my target counted as a hostile or a civilian, the other type of NPC walked into the wall of light in the approximately 3 seconds they had to kill themselves.  Rude.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20292 on: May 31, 2018, 02:16:57 pm »

Keep being an idiot and facetanking stuff even tho I have no right to, still, it's a fun little practice simulator thing because heaven knows I don't have the time or patience to grind out the actual fight ingame.

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20293 on: May 31, 2018, 08:15:57 pm »

Whoever thought that Rico ever needed to be behind the wheel of a car should probably be keel-hauled by said car via Rico's grapple.

First driving challenge: drive a quadbike with what appears to be a tactical nuke down a hill and into a lighthouse. The way down the hill goes off a ramp. Said ramp has a barricade you must smash through. Said barricade causes your quad to flip uncontrollably. Only finished that challenge because after a few attempts the barricade simply stopped appearing.

Second driving challenge: A sports car, along a winding route, with many blind corners, random oncoming traffic, and the 1/3rd point is a ramp that drops onto a gas station. Unless you are literally the guy who coordinates and plans professional stunt jumps, you will likely hit a building on the way down. I managed to find a good speed and angle to land, but it's still not a guaranteed thing. Still haven't finished it, since the last section is through a busy city street. Not helping is the slightest bump causes the car to lose control or flip over.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20294 on: May 31, 2018, 08:46:12 pm »

"It's just one Forest God, how strong can it be?"

Age of Wonders 3
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.
Pages: 1 ... 1351 1352 [1353] 1354 1355 ... 1575