Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1347 1348 [1349] 1350 1351 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376353 times)

Hotfire90

Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #20220 on: April 25, 2018, 10:52:49 am »

Got slapped to death a bunch of times.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20221 on: April 25, 2018, 12:06:33 pm »

Reduced Rogue Process to a sliver of health, then the damned game failed to register FOUR thrust attacks IN A ROW.  Cue Rogue getting a lucky hit and me getting killed.

The Surge.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20222 on: April 25, 2018, 04:40:46 pm »

The game I play is hard. Once you outright die (not to be confused with reaching zero health), the margin of error gets really, really small because the ghost essentially prevents you from undoing your actions.

Some of the obstacles (like the mushrooms, the vampires, and those big red spiders) are pretty clever in their execution, but so far I've just been having trouble playing the game.

Really like how the title screen actually teaches you about some of these things, though.

Edit: Right.
Just been dying a lot in general.
[spoiler]Fidel Dungeon Rescue.]
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 07:04:52 am by AzyWng »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20223 on: April 26, 2018, 05:20:20 am »

Not only did you not tell us what game that is, you didn't actually say how you died. :P

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20224 on: April 26, 2018, 05:48:38 am »

Okay, HoP was handing out all-access. I went to EVA, grabbed the space equipment and went off to explore. On my like 3rd raid, I got shot to death by the turrets at a space ruin. RIP.

Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20225 on: April 27, 2018, 07:21:36 pm »

Turns out when the storm shrinks, it shrinks fast. Didn't kill me, but the guy I was tailing did.

Nearly cleared the True Arena, using Cutter Kirby. Not as used to it as Hammer, so took more hits than I wanted to. Hammer has higher DPS and more predictable invulnerability frames, but is completely lacking in range. Cutter can hit at interesting attack angles that other abilities can't, and has a melee combo that does nearly as much damage as the Hammer, but is harder to control your positioning. Interesting attack angles don't mean squat when it's Sectonia, who teleports faster than the cutter blades can hit, and is often too far away for the melee combo to trigger.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20226 on: April 27, 2018, 07:28:36 pm »

Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Was launched approximately 300 feet into a river by a Bile Troll. I should have remembered that dwarves do not have [INNATE_SWIM].
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #20227 on: April 27, 2018, 09:08:34 pm »

I’m not quite sure what happened, but I think the bandit chief jabbed me in the throat twice with her shield and then stabbed me with her sword.

But hey, my heavy armor skill went up, ‘causing me to level up on the hit that killed me!

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20228 on: April 27, 2018, 09:43:06 pm »

Started the game on the Overpass, game starts me off with a Radstorm and a pack of Ghouls three feet from me. While getting away from them a survivor being mauled by dogs ran past me. The dogs peeled off and went for me, taking me out in two hits.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20229 on: April 29, 2018, 08:40:44 am »

Built a SSTO rocket at a 45° incline, and a horizontal support structure of girder segments beneath. The idea was to not waste fuel trying to turn to establish orbit, either at launch or after leaving the atmosphere. I had already tried the concept in the spaceplane hangar, but since I had started with the support structure, you can't control the actual rocket without quickly switching to it after launch. Turns out, you can't reset the base part and control defaults to the base section rather than the section with crew/command. On this one I started with the cockpit and built down.

It actually worked despite part of the launch structure exploding, and the craft did establish orbit within a single stage with a bit of fuel to spare. It wasn't exactly a good rocket design, just proof of concept.

Now as for what went wrong, I kinda de-orbited a little too aggressively, resulting in the wings and tail fins burning off during re-entry... not that I was assuming it was going to make any successful landing. As it spiraled out of control, it ended up pointing directly backwards, so I used the last of the fuel to slow down. Tried to deploy the landing gear, but the forward gear wouldn't deploy and the craft was pushed to point upwards anyways.

I would say it was a technically successful landing since the cockpit survived impact(the only thing that did), meaning the entire crew survived.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20230 on: April 29, 2018, 09:23:43 am »

Technically Successful Landing is Kerbalese for, "Aside from bowel microbes, no life was lost."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20231 on: April 29, 2018, 10:06:25 am »

Got smashed by a level 45 bandit leader with a 2 handed hammer, when I myself was level 3.

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20232 on: April 30, 2018, 03:39:06 am »

Finally got through 'Alien Isolation' after many many deaths.
It's been a love/hate relationship, as I love the high quality of background graphics and sound, but am getting ill from the horror.
The trick that made it possible for me to survive (not Amanda, - me in the real world) was to learn not to care. The savepoints are generously distributed, so if you just walk cool, then sometimes you die, but sometimes you make it.

About the ending:
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #20233 on: May 01, 2018, 01:46:31 am »

Had a really epic encounter where I ran out of ammo with only 60 nitra and had to grapple around a cavern looking for more during a swarm.  Managed to get my ammo back up... then got grabbed by a cave leech.

Bosco went directly below me then fired straight up into it.  AKA he tried to shoot through me.  As a result despite firing 4 bursts he did not manage to save me and I'd used up my two rezzes.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #20234 on: May 04, 2018, 07:10:41 pm »

I'm trying to play through the god of war trilogy (I've played them before I just never beat them), the first game was going fine but then I got to hades, hades is the most infuriating part of the game not because of a difficulty spike but because of the fucking level design. they only reason I'm dying is because of the fucking spikes on the rotating pillars. fuck the pillars, I wish that who ever made those pillars has to go through the fucking pillars for the rest of eternity. fuck.
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?
Pages: 1 ... 1347 1348 [1349] 1350 1351 ... 1575