Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1312 1313 [1314] 1315 1316 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376749 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19695 on: October 16, 2017, 03:29:10 am »

Use sound recorder or some such to record what your heaadset is capturing, it's a good way to do a quick quality check. If you think you sound OK, then it is probably network related in one way or another.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #19696 on: October 16, 2017, 03:54:55 am »

"Nothing is as it seems" when the game warns you 6 times that it's disturbing before you can start. Sure.
The thing it managed to surprise me with was how nice it was for a long time.
All this thing seems like a very very VERY bad joke for me. Everyone says that "OMYGAD THIS IS REALLY SCARY", but no one says what exactly. As if to trick everyone else in reading it.  :P

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19697 on: October 16, 2017, 07:53:07 am »

Would you rather be spoiled?

I wouldn’t.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19698 on: October 16, 2017, 08:19:29 am »

Would you rather be spoiled?

I wouldn’t.

i concur, its alot like undertale: its best experienced knowing as little as possible but save the fact that its not just a little romance vn. we're not cruel, you should be prepared a little.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19699 on: October 16, 2017, 09:21:41 am »

Hmm. The game it reminded me the most of by the end was, uh. Portal 2?
I'm not crazy! It's totally a logical comparison to make!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19700 on: October 16, 2017, 09:43:34 am »

Please don’t spoil it yet. I decided to pick it up and so far I’m absolutely loving it! I know I’m being pandered to, but I don’t care! The poetry is great and the characters are well written. I sometimes disagree with some of the things the protagonist says and does (I don’t care as much about actual romance, I’m just here to have fun), but otherwise this is one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I’ve had in a year.

Really does make me scared of whatever horrible thing is going to happen though. I’m happy right now and I don’t want it to get ruined!  :'(

As you can probably tell, this is my first VN.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19701 on: October 16, 2017, 10:49:45 am »

Please don’t spoil it yet. I decided to pick it up and so far I’m absolutely loving it! I know I’m being pandered to, but I don’t care! The poetry is great and the characters are well written. I sometimes disagree with some of the things the protagonist says and does (I don’t care as much about actual romance, I’m just here to have fun), but otherwise this is one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I’ve had in a year.

Really does make me scared of whatever horrible thing is going to happen though. I’m happy right now and I don’t want it to get ruined!  :'(

Yeah, it's my first one too. It's not something I'd pick up, but the hype and ARG around it got me interested. One of the character's writing is actually very frank and descriptive of what it is like. Then the wham, and holy shit, I'm not going to say any more.

Yeah uh, I know i'm being vague, but it's a game/VN best experienced blind or near-blind.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19702 on: October 16, 2017, 12:03:06 pm »

Played the game. Got to my first ending and I have closure. I need to admit, I found the game hilarious - I think it satirized a lot of silly visual novel tropes that bug me the most.

Now, I know that I have not seen the full experience - getting to the next ending after the first but I don't think that's necessary - I am fine with how things turned out and I kept my valued honesty.

EDIT: I got my beloved spoilers and am greatly impressed by just how much I predicted. I might actually complete the game soon, but I worry it's gonna only get more heavy handed now.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 12:08:36 pm by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19703 on: October 16, 2017, 12:13:11 pm »

Played the game. Got to my first ending and I have closure. I need to admit, I found the game hilarious - I think it satirized a lot of silly visual novel tropes that bug me the most.
Yeah, I didn’t talk about it in my previous rant, but the humour was one of the main draws to the game. I spent the majority of my time just laughing. I’m not fully sure if it was satire though, it seemed like it was played pretty straight. Maybe those tropes are just funny on their own.

Or maybe it’s a spoiler for the ending? I don’t want to hear it in that case.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19704 on: October 16, 2017, 01:24:10 pm »

Yeah, it's my first one too. It's not something I'd pick up, but the hype and ARG around it got me interested. One of the character's writing is actually very frank and descriptive of what it is like. Then the wham, and holy shit, I'm not going to say any more.

Yeah uh, I know i'm being vague, but it's a game/VN best experienced blind or near-blind.
I just finished it yesterday, and yeah, there was a part that ended up hitting pretty close to home and bringing back some pretty bad memories. I was expecting it because of the warning but it (as well as the Wham Shot that occurs shortly after) still somehow caught me really off guard.

The rest of it was really good in a pants-shitting way though

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19705 on: October 16, 2017, 01:31:25 pm »

The horror is nearly comical in itself. Especially once you understand what's happening.

Perhaps we need an actual thread for discussion of this game, rather than cluttering this one? Would allow for more free discussion as well.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19706 on: October 16, 2017, 01:56:40 pm »

We have one now. Here’s the link.

I won’t be checking it until after I finish the game though. Don’t want to accidentally spoil myself.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #19707 on: October 16, 2017, 02:57:46 pm »

I got disarmed. Normally not a problem, right? Just mash E a bit to clear the air and grab your weapon again. Unfortunately, the unit that disarmed me had glitched under a Grineer tram, leaving my Rubico stuck there. And of course I couldn't retrieve it because why would I be able to reach through the gap? :P

So here I am, nightmare mission, no shields, armed with the Aklex, no revives, and needing 12 more kills. I would've just popped Hysteria and rolled on through, but I was out of energy and couldn't conveniently get more because the Grineer had established quite an entrenchment in the only spot they were.

I, of course, died.

Warframe.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #19708 on: October 19, 2017, 06:25:42 pm »

I spent a ton of time vassalizing Korea and reclaiming its cores from Jianzhou. I was twenty years into a fifty-year annexation plan.

I turned the game off and came back, and for no goddamn reason, "The Fall of Kyoto" event fired, even though I'm literally Japan, and Korea became independent.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19709 on: October 19, 2017, 06:50:53 pm »

I'm literally Japan

i just imagined this quote coming out of the most stereotypical weeb neckbeard dudes i hang with, who works in the cubicle down the hall from mine, and laughed heartily. chill dude but ive been in his room and saw a lifesize miku hatsune and i've never quite come back from that.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 07:00:02 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.
Pages: 1 ... 1312 1313 [1314] 1315 1316 ... 1575