Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1309 1310 [1311] 1312 1313 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376711 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19650 on: October 05, 2017, 05:34:34 pm »

Well clearly the game is shit, the community is shit, and the dev team is shit! /s

My own death:

Tried installing GRID on my computer again.

For whatever reason, it stutters all the time.

Thing is, the game doesn't freeze in the face of a sudden FPS drop. It speeds up after the drop.

I quickly grew frustrated and gave up.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19651 on: October 05, 2017, 05:35:57 pm »

Visitored into a group of shotgunned guards and a boss, with my shield ready to react to their bullets, simply to Matrix them back into them for... Well, style points. Problem is, I put the stealth shield in my right click, and when they all prepared to shoot all that happened was one guy got a question mark, and everyone got hamburger...

Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19652 on: October 05, 2017, 09:58:57 pm »

More of a game-kill than a kill-kill, but I think one of my installed script mods borkened the entire game.  I docked my starting Sabre to transfer to a person who was quite insistent that they get a ship in exchange for some voting shares in a corporation I'm consulting for.  The game immediately started spamming me with blank messages instead of the usual "transfer ownership" request.  It's rather bothersome.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 10:09:55 pm by Culise »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19653 on: October 06, 2017, 12:28:48 am »

The mission: to rescue a captive held on an Offworld ship.  My chosen method: slamming a Brick Pod into the ship to make an entry hole next to the captive.

The good news: I successfully struck the enemy ship next to the brig, opening an easy path for extracting the prisoner.

The bad news:  The hole was *right* next to the brig, and the captive was sucked out into space.  I couldn't repair the pod fast enough and they died seconds away from me scooping them up.  Whoops.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19654 on: October 06, 2017, 04:49:21 pm »

Something like a badger riding a tornado knocked me out, then went for my stoned girlfriend. I couldn't get up fast enough and kill it before it finished her.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19655 on: October 06, 2017, 10:59:15 pm »

Svanir and Icebrood spawned faster than I could kill them. As much as my Warrior is fantastic at fighting groups with various PBAOE moves and being very bursty damage wise (i'm nowhere near fully geared for what I'm doing right now, regularly hitting 15-18k on Rifle F1), I just couldn't keep up with the sheer numbers that kept spawning in as I killed their buddies, eventually being downed by a Svanir Berserker, as a player ran past me, ignoring my wounded Warrior (other players can revive you by pressing F to pay respects, it takes a bit of time but can help survival if you took a big chunk and can't get an enemy to 0 hp to rally from, plus it gives the reviver a fair amount of exp; it is also considerably easier to revive someone who's downed rather than dead). Warrior has 3 downed skills: a simple damage "rock throw", a knockdown "hammer throw", and a rather unique ability in Vengeance, which temporarily rallies you as if you'd killed an enemy, giving you a small timeframe to hop up, finish what you're doing, and hoping that Vengeance's 25% per killed enemy kicks in.

If that 25% chance per kill during Vengeance kicks in, you fully rally and Vengeance goes away. If you fail to get that 25% chance, when Vengeance runs out you go immediately to defeated state, ignoring downed.

I killed five more enemies during this time, none of them getting the 25% chance kicking in, and my character basically just died on his feet as Vengeance ran out.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19656 on: October 07, 2017, 12:11:57 am »

Was starting out as my third guy in Heat Signature... He already started out with a quickfire silenced gun and a high capacity rechargeable visitor, so of course I liked the guy... Went out into space on some random hunt, just aiming to find whatever ship I could and use the visitor to raid it's stores... Yeah, land on my first one- Time till capture 1 se- Tonight we drink for Geneva Herschel, captured by Offworld...

Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #19657 on: October 07, 2017, 11:29:43 am »

Not last, was two years ago. In M&B warband with Prophecy of Pendor mod, i met a strange squad named "Озадаченные рыцари"(confused knights?), which consisted of four Black Gauntlet knights(Elite crossbowmans. So elite that "If you have 50 of those, you won the game" (c) someone on russian forums). Since it was early game, and i had only some 3-level bums and myself in knight armor and little hp, i had no chance of winning against them, even with savescumming. Still don't have any idea what it was, i a lot played with this mod, but didn't seen anything like that nor before nor after. Always played with fan patch, of course.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 12:50:32 pm by MCreeper »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19658 on: October 07, 2017, 04:41:31 pm »

Despite being during a period of empowerment that was explicitly described as being invulnerable(for both characters) during that time, my temporarily not-stoned girlfriend was killed when I backstabbed a boss monster which pushed it into her face past her wall of fireballs.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #19659 on: October 08, 2017, 01:50:25 am »

Client crashed :( Tried everything to get Allegiance client to work, but it keeps crashing!
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19660 on: October 08, 2017, 08:48:47 am »

...Huh.

Took a Teleportation potion. Wound up in a spot in the Cavern layer that I'd never seen before, right next to a ruined cabin. As I make my way around to the entrance, I spot a Granite Golem. I attack it, kill it, move over to collect its loot...

And then the floor explodes beneath me. Despite max pre-hardmode HP and Crimson Armor, I am one-shot.

Before that, I was exploring the Underworld, trying to locate Shadow Chests for a second visit and gathering bits of Hellstone. At one point I am attacked by a Voodoo Demon, which unfortunately is killed while hovering over a small lava pit. I make a mad dash to catch the voodoo doll it is carrying, but I am too far away. The Wall of Flesh is summoned, and I am entirely unprepared. I still manage to knock off about half its HP before I fall into an unusually large lava pit and die.

Both deaths are in Terraria.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19661 on: October 08, 2017, 09:59:30 am »

Saints Row 2 is running markedly better on my PC (it can actually hit above 30 FPS even with shadows and dynamic lighting, during combat), but that doesn't mean it's completely fine.

On occasion I've seen large chunks of the map (roads, the curbs of sidewalks, entire sidewalks) appear to disappear, allowing me to see into the V O I D.

I've usually had to quit and reload a save to fix it, which is irritating.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19662 on: October 08, 2017, 06:59:30 pm »

I accidentally summoned the Wall of Flesh again. This time, I killed it and triggered hard mode.

I have died many times since then.

Terraria
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19663 on: October 08, 2017, 07:09:07 pm »

Yeeep.  I didn't play too much of hard mode, but I was impressed at all the cool stuff.  Impressed, and frequently killed.  I am not hardcore.  I wasn't even mad, more... satisfied, with a game won and a fascinating challenge declined.

Speaking of dying frequently, I tried Volgarr the Viking again.  Are you nostalgic for old-style Castlevania, with awkward hops and being glued to stairs?  This comes pretty damn close.  Every death is frustrating, and sometimes, I want that.  See:  Super Meat Boy, N, Mirror's Edge kinda...

This is a good context for me to get actually angry in, and let that out.
Volgarr The Viking
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19664 on: October 08, 2017, 07:09:35 pm »

Eaten by a Baryonyx, while using wooden foundations in an attempt at building a bridge across a body of water.

Spoiler: you know the game (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 07:15:33 pm by Ultimuh »
Pages: 1 ... 1309 1310 [1311] 1312 1313 ... 1575