Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1308 1309 [1310] 1311 1312 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376716 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19635 on: September 30, 2017, 10:45:50 am »

not a death, but i was trying to stealthily kill a guard, and i hit a salamander instead. Turns out killing a salamder makes significant  noise.
                                                                                                                                                                                   Assassins Creed Black Flag
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19636 on: September 30, 2017, 10:53:47 am »

I was going to do one last job with a character and picked a Mistake. Everything was going fine until I attempted to long-range stab someone with a short blade instead of teleporting to them with a sidewinder, then I teleported to where they were before they noticed me (but they had moved since then) and when they fired their gun I attempted to stab their bullets. Then before they could dump me off the ship I was captured.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19637 on: September 30, 2017, 02:21:20 pm »

Tried to switch to "Metal Gear Online".

The game did the exact same thing it always did: Load up the first few screens of MGO before freezing and then crashing

For context, I'd just installed this game on an almost entirely-blank hard drive.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #19638 on: September 30, 2017, 02:55:31 pm »

THAT'S A NICE BOAT YOU HAVE THERE, SHAME IF SOMETHING HAPPENED TO IT
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19639 on: September 30, 2017, 06:40:09 pm »

Oh look, a base that is not at all marked on my map. It has laser turrets. It's also causing damage to me despite not being hit, nor is the ground near me. I got shot right off my bike.

Then I died four or five more times trying to recover my stuff(in the open, no cover) and get away on my bike.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19640 on: September 30, 2017, 07:34:55 pm »

Headless with be fiiiine, Headless is a tank, he even has the slime passive and heal, he can basically full heal himself without my help... Yeah, Headless won't die...

Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19641 on: October 01, 2017, 04:06:04 am »

Hahaha you silly monsters can't kill me! I'm going too fast on a mount and once I leap over this chasm you'll never see me again!
*gets shot and knocked off mount while gliding over the chasm*

Guild wars 2
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19642 on: October 01, 2017, 07:32:19 am »

Spent the better part of two hours building a capital ship, getting to where I'm installing the main cockpit. Then I discover I've been building the entire ship upwards from the core, rather than forward. There also appears to be no way to correct this except scrapping the whole ship.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19643 on: October 01, 2017, 07:40:25 am »

Spent the better part of two hours building a capital ship, getting to where I'm installing the main cockpit. Then I discover I've been building the entire ship upwards from the core, rather than forward. There also appears to be no way to correct this except scrapping the whole ship.

Sounds like a rather elitist community, when I did that on FTD everyone was nice enough to tell me how to fix it or do it for me.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19644 on: October 01, 2017, 09:23:15 am »

So I finally got around to doing the homestead missions after beating the game (which probably counts as a facepalm-worthy thing in and of itself as several upgrades and a moneymaking method are linked to homestead stuff) and there's one where a miner has to use a British iron mine to get materials to make a knife to offer as a gift to the woman he likes (I honestly couldn't help but roll my eyes at this stuff, but Assassin's Creed is Assassin's Creed, so it's a game made by Ubisoft).

I have to defend him, since he mines with explosives that attract the British troops. He (apparently) allows you to use explosive barrels as part of this defense.

One of the barrels was quite close to where he would walk, so on a lark, I shot it with my gun...

"Desynchronized: Ally is dead."

In short, I am dum.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #19645 on: October 01, 2017, 04:13:54 pm »

Not a death, but I certainly feel dead inside.

I decided to play a nice, casual little game as Harold Godwinson. Gradually introduced Norman culture and converted to Engilsh, crusaded here and there, and tried to be nice and casual with my Britain-conquering, instead of psychopathically taking the entire thing on my third ruler like usual.

And what does the game say to that?

Fuck me, right?

Crusader Kings 2
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19646 on: October 01, 2017, 05:44:52 pm »

Some dumbass on my side ran in front of my Flash. Then he respawned and killed me. Asshole. I'm actually a little upset about it.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19647 on: October 02, 2017, 04:20:44 pm »

Trying to blow a hole in a laboratory's concrete walls. I had prepped some ANFO charges, set the fuze, and run off to take cover. I didn't realize until it was too late that I'd dropped an inactive one instead of the active one. My character, who had so far survived 37 days, was killed instantly in the blast. RIP Steve Waters.

Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19648 on: October 04, 2017, 11:36:45 am »

Loaded up KSP after a break, realized my Tour Bus design still involves dodging its own boosters in what I call a Kestler Run.  This is my best design for lugging up to 4 tourists into orbit.

I actually navigated the debris fine though, and everything went pretty great.  Some fuel to spare, so I got greedy and tried to land the liquid engine and fuel tanks.  Lots of weight, but I had three parachutes and some fuel to slow reentry...

Reentry went great, and they touched down at very safe velocity.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19649 on: October 05, 2017, 05:28:56 pm »

Please take note, if you see a friendly soldier standing right next to or on top of an enemy anti-tank mine, 95% of the time it's an engineer trying to disarm it, and 100% of the time you should not shoot the mine.

Pages: 1 ... 1308 1309 [1310] 1311 1312 ... 1575