Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1293 1294 [1295] 1296 1297 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376731 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19410 on: June 27, 2017, 03:09:52 pm »

I fucked up somehow and my only save was in the last part of that fight with zero health and no means of healing, so I had to play the rest of it completely perfectly. I got it eventually though.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19411 on: June 27, 2017, 04:25:46 pm »

Your health is restored when you die and continue, though there's no nanopaste as far as I've gotten. And as far as I've gotten is that QTE at 160% health where you have to precisely cut debris, having maybe a second to figure out the first cut and half that on the second(and maybe third?), and die instantly if you fail.

Also, I do have Offensive Defense, though I mostly just run the hell away from his grab instead. So far I've been able to parry any of his red moves, especially those that make you wonder if Pakistan has any active volcanoes.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19412 on: June 27, 2017, 05:19:42 pm »

I met a Clannfear. Miniature hell dinosaur vs. level 2 elf is a bad matchup for me. It murdered the hell out of me.

TES IV: Oblivion. Am I weird for thinking this is actually a pretty good Elder Scrolls game? It seems like everyone just kinda forgot it after Skyrim came out.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #19413 on: June 27, 2017, 07:08:54 pm »

I enjoyed it, but it was my first Elder Scrolls game so...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19414 on: June 27, 2017, 07:35:31 pm »

Am I weird for thinking this is actually a pretty good Elder Scrolls game? It seems like everyone just kinda forgot it after Skyrim came out.

You have my ear, citizen.

Prior to getting a 2TB hard drive, almost more than half of the 360GB hard drive I was using was dedicated to Oblivion mods. I burned at least two DVDs full of installers for Oblivion mods.

The biggest problem I could see was the poor voice acting, due to spending 90% of their voice actor budget on one guy who gets 10 minutes screentime. Seriously, why couldn't they re-hire that guy who did the intro for Daggerfall?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19415 on: June 27, 2017, 07:39:47 pm »

I'm going to play vanilla for a while before I start looking at any serious gameplay mods, but I do need to do something about the weird potato-headed inhabitants of Cyrodiil. Martin's smile is creepy. In fact it's creepy when any Oblivion NPC smiles at me. I'm glad FO3, FONV and Skyrim NPCs never smile.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19416 on: June 27, 2017, 09:09:13 pm »

My lord will not stop giving me fiefs. Please stop giving me fiefs for the love of God Shimazu I need to rebel.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #19417 on: June 27, 2017, 09:10:24 pm »

Am I weird for thinking this is actually a pretty good Elder Scrolls game? It seems like everyone just kinda forgot it after Skyrim came out.

You have my ear, citizen.

Prior to getting a 2TB hard drive, almost more than half of the 360GB hard drive I was using was dedicated to Oblivion mods. I burned at least two DVDs full of installers for Oblivion mods.

The biggest problem I could see was the poor voice acting, due to spending 90% of their voice actor budget on one guy who gets 10 minutes screentime. Seriously, why couldn't they re-hire that guy who did the intro for Daggerfall?

Hey man, Sean Bean is a pretty major character in this.

His performance isn't all that great though... Hieronymus Lex, on the other hand, is awesome.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19418 on: June 27, 2017, 09:11:00 pm »

I met a Clannfear. Miniature hell dinosaur vs. level 2 elf is a bad matchup for me. It murdered the hell out of me.

TES IV: Oblivion. Am I weird for thinking this is actually a pretty good Elder Scrolls game? It seems like everyone just kinda forgot it after Skyrim came out.
TES games are such infinite time sinks and they take so long to make most players don't really need more than one at a time.  People will probably forget Skyrim after the next one comes out in however many years.

I liked Oblivion.  I've never actually seen an open world game like it aside from Skyrim.  In like Saint's Row 3 for example yes you can go anywhere in the city but you'll find most of the missions are locked, the game world is actually pretty small, and almost nothing can be interacted with meaningfully.  Even the missions and locations are more fronts for little events, like an elaborate level select menu.

In Oblivion you can step out from the starting dungeon, walk in the complete opposite direction you're supposed to go, enter a city you've never heard off, find your way into the sewers and fight a vampire.  And the game will just roll with that, like the vampire will be a level appropriate balanced encounter, and interesting stuff will happen like you'll find interesting loot or little story bits or contract vampirism.  Its like the player is a first time D&D player and Oblivion is the most patient DM ever.  Like he's here to give you the generic D&D experience and he came up with a plot beforehand but if you don't want to do that that's fine, he's got a lot of maps and NPC character sheets and let's just make up a new plot as we go.  Oh you're abandoning that one too?  No problem, like seriously I have a lot of character sheets and loot tables, I'm just happy to spend time with you.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19419 on: June 27, 2017, 10:23:44 pm »

Honestly, Oblivion is probably my favorite. It's lacking in areas, but it does a much better of adventuring and feeling alive than either Morrowind or Skyrim.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19420 on: June 27, 2017, 10:28:20 pm »

I just can't get over how ugly the faces in Oblivion are. Then again, there are mods which fixes that.
Then of course there is the AI which.. is quite frankly, terrible. But that's true for most Bethesda games.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19421 on: June 27, 2017, 10:30:47 pm »

Oblivion's true problem is the level scaling system. Holy crap is that thing bad. Not only will you end up fighting common brigands sporting otherworldly armour, but even a random bear will take a lot of damage to go down unless you minmax like crazy.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19422 on: June 27, 2017, 10:34:40 pm »

Oh yes. I do remember that. Which is why I always gt one of those unleveler mods.
Makes certain encounters in early levels dangerous though. But I find that an acceptable trade-off

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19423 on: June 27, 2017, 11:43:36 pm »

I'm kinda uncertain about whether I think Oblivion is amazing or terrible. Either way, I also hate the enemy leveling system with a burning passion.

Also, Clannfears are the fucking devil. They do WAY too much damage, have more health than giant roid-raged daedroths on top of being harder to hit, and have probably killed me more than every other enemy in Oblivion combined.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #19424 on: June 28, 2017, 12:03:26 am »

The last time the pirates came, they had brought guns. Glorious guns. But, before they had been slain they had wounded Red, nearly shot off Olsen's arm, and the newest member of the tribe had been beaten by a club on their way to safety by another group of pirates and almost abducted; only the pirates with guns interrupting and shooting the more primitive group "saved" her.
That left two tribe members alive to rescue and tend to the three wounded. One of those got an infection after rescuing the others, and became confined to their bed; also Olsen got an infection too. Worm was capable to tending to these, as long as he wasn't busy, and soon the rescued new tribe member managed to get up and start helping with farming and tending to the wounded. However, pretty soon another pirate raid arrived. They had brought spears only, but there were three of them and the new member was a pacifist. Worm was overwhelmed, despite his shotgun, because he was just too slow at shooting. This group then decided to kidnap both Worm and Red (who was my best doctor but still comatose), leaving me with two tribesmembers dying of infection and a pacifist bleeding out. Oh, and they murdered my pet fox and pet wolf on the way out.

The first spring wasn't even over.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 1293 1294 [1295] 1296 1297 ... 1575