Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1291 1292 [1293] 1294 1295 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376793 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19380 on: June 17, 2017, 03:14:35 pm »

Ran into a shambler. The spores dodged all attacks two rounds in a row and one-shot my antiquarian. RIP.

Darkest Dungeon
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19381 on: June 17, 2017, 04:05:03 pm »

I decided to try out Planetside 2 again so I made a new account and played a bit a few days ago.

Today, I tried to log in and discovered that I had been banned. No explanation was given and I was offline when I was banned. I wasn't cheating (and there weren't even any accusations that I was hacking in the chat) and I have no idea why I would be banned, but now I don't think I'm going to play again if it's possible to get banned for doing nothing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's... unusual. Did you perhaps have a program running in the background that ran afoul of BattleEye(they installed that shit a few months ago)? That said, BE doesn't ban, it just generates reports.

What's the username, I'll try and see if your stats page shows a reason for the ban. Otherwise, maybe you could send a support ticket if possible.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19382 on: June 18, 2017, 01:25:38 am »

I decided to try out Planetside 2 again so I made a new account and played a bit a few days ago.

Today, I tried to log in and discovered that I had been banned. No explanation was given and I was offline when I was banned. I wasn't cheating (and there weren't even any accusations that I was hacking in the chat) and I have no idea why I would be banned, but now I don't think I'm going to play again if it's possible to get banned for doing nothing.

That's... unusual. Did you perhaps have a program running in the background that ran afoul of BattleEye

Nope, I had no other programs running.

What's the username, I'll try and see if your stats page shows a reason for the ban. Otherwise, maybe you could send a support ticket if possible.

My username was iogentagium. I'll send in a ticket sometime over the next few days.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19383 on: June 18, 2017, 09:16:11 pm »

The year is 2017 and FromSoft anti-cheat is still complete balls. Hackers and gankers are running amok in Irithyll, and Cheat Engine Script Kiddies roam the kingdom of Lothric at 3AM. Every day, a thousand invaders are killed in one hit by a caestus that inflicts infinite curse damage. FromSoft will deliver us from the scrublords by softbanning SweetFX users and modders.

Dark Souls 3

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19384 on: June 20, 2017, 05:36:00 pm »

I hooked an already weakened Sombra and shot her in the head.  She survived and teleported away.

What the actual fuck Blizzard?  Like I get if you just wanted to quietly remove Roadhog from the game, but why now?  During a dive meta?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19385 on: June 20, 2017, 05:54:49 pm »

Have you considered the fact that you miscalculated and your shot didn't do enough damage to kill her?
Black lives matter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19386 on: June 20, 2017, 06:57:59 pm »

Not actually a death, in fact I survived and helped win the battle. Was attacking Naum Canyon Overpass, a base were some genius developer decided to put a shield generator to block access to the control point(you have to destroy it to capture), and we had already been pushed off the point when it was repaired. I was an infiltrator, camping sideways a doorway leading to the control point. A VS engineer runs in, cuts right to avoid fire from other friendlies holding the point. I hit him in the back with my TSAR-42(awesome gun btw) as he runs up a flight of stairs. I line up a second shot, directly at the center of his back, and fire.

I watch as the bullet tracer goes direct on target, then they guy shifts to the right exactly enough to avoid it, the bullet passes through where he was standing, and then he shifts back to the left where he was. The only thing keeping me from screaming in frustration is that he was caught between me and a friendly that cut him off in front, killing him.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #19387 on: June 20, 2017, 07:16:07 pm »

My old roommate (moved to Japan for a job) sent me a game.

I beat the game.

I still feel slightly dirty and vaguely horrible. I feel that I now identify with the plight of the sex worker who only continues their work in order to save the world from ultimate evil.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19388 on: June 20, 2017, 07:19:11 pm »

30% damage nerf.  The developers even said it was supposed to weaken his hook combo.  I guess going from "killing" to "not killing" is a form of weakening.

Its not just his effectivess, his whole feels is gone.  He fires and reloads so fast now you don't need to think about the timing of your shots.  That's just... not roadhog.  Plus he generates so much ult for the enemy, he's the only character in the game where its better to be AFK than play Roadhog in his current state.

Edit: To be clear, Roadhog's self heal is not intended to tank in the conventional sense.  You want to funnel damage into the other tanks because damage taken on a barrier doesn't build enemy ults and doesn't require any time from your healers.  But you don't want to funnel damage onto Roadhog because Roadhog's ult is weak and every point of damage he takes builds his bad ult in exchange for an enemy's good ult (or wastes a healer's time).  The way that Roadhog tanks is with intimidation.  You don't want to get near Roadhog, you don't want to go in a building with Roadhog, or turn a blind corner into him.  Roadhog's ult is part of this, because even 3v1 you want don't want to rush Roadhog carelessly.  His entire character runs on fear, on threats rather than execution.  Yeah getting that pick early wins fights, but more importantly the THREAT of the pick changes how the enemy team has to play all the time.  Its not like Roadhog is particularly stealthy, most times against good players he won't actually get a pick anyway.  But now there's no fear.  All day I've seen Mercys dive right on top of gold gun Roadhogs because like what's he going to do?  If he hooks he stuns himself and by the time he's done with the combo he'll be dead and the Mercy won't be.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 08:02:50 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19389 on: June 20, 2017, 07:32:11 pm »

Trying to beat a Touhou again. Maybe, just maybe I'd have better success if I didn't go months at a time without touching the series...

Hong Meirin's fight always gets me tilted. I feel like if Rainbow Wind Chime had gone on any longer I might have had an issue. The multicolored bullets going in both directions and the spinning, pulsating background actually really hurt my eyes. The main appeal of Touhou for me is the extreme sensory overload, but that was a bit too much.

I ended up dying twice and bombing the entire last half of the fight. I beat her but the run was basically over at that point, I had zero lives.

TH06: EoSD. All of Stage 3 in this game can die in a hole.

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19390 on: June 20, 2017, 10:46:00 pm »

hong's true special ability is making your head hurt by spinning her purple flower background in an obnoxious fashion
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #19391 on: June 23, 2017, 05:25:08 pm »

Overextended my reach and drowned within a ruined undersea base

Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19392 on: June 24, 2017, 12:28:52 am »

Not me who died, but still.

At this point the Torians were my allies, Korath were stuck on 1 planet deep in my zone of influence, I was at war with the Krynn and ally of Korx. There were also Terrans and Iconians. I was Thalan.

Then the Korath declared war upon Torians. I declared war upon them from Call to Arms, Terrans declared war on me and my allies declared war on them. And Kryn declared war on my allies, because they were allied to Terrans.

Korath were conquered by me the next turn.

Still better then the First Galactic War in the same game, caused by the Krynn by attacking Torians 2 turns after I made peace with them and forced them to declare peace on the Korx and Torians. That one had such chain of alliances, that everybody was either at war, or allied to each other. No other relations were at the start of the First Galactic War.

The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19393 on: June 24, 2017, 01:40:53 am »

Fuck those Torians, I just declared war on them.  We'll wipe them out.  I'm sure we can do it.
But sir did you check the ally list? 
Allies? We are the Korath! We need no allies!  Purge all the aliens!
No sir I mean the Torian allies sir.
I don't see how it's relevant but fine I'll lo-  ...Oh shit.   OH SHIT.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #19394 on: June 24, 2017, 06:48:51 am »

Quicksaved without realizing that a Giant Cazador was following me. I died 12 times before I killed the bug.

Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts DLC.

Also, your friendly reminder that Cazadores are secretly demons. Giant wasp form is just a disguise...
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.
Pages: 1 ... 1291 1292 [1293] 1294 1295 ... 1575