Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1290 1291 [1292] 1293 1294 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376850 times)

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19365 on: June 13, 2017, 05:26:26 am »

I actually know that. But having the psi shield is still useful. Also, there is the explanation that Marsec developed them and then found out how useful they are, so in order to not destroy the Mind bender business, they do not sell them.

Today's death: One soldier was going to throw a big explosive on a multiworm, but he had not enough strength to throw it. So he just ran forward. The multiworm moved next to the soldier on it's turn, so the soldier just point-blank shot it.

But then 3 hyperworms popped out and killed the soldier, causing the primed explosive to explode, killing them and rendering another soldier criticaly wounded and unconscious from the stun grenades the first soldier was carrying and which were blown up by the explosion.

I forgot that in this game soldiers can only heal themselves, sent the third soldier from the squad in, which failed to heal the unconscious soldier and then fell over as well.

In the end, only the exploded soldier died, because the remaining 9 soldiers managed to kill the remaining multiworm and it's spawns.

Same game.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Megawott06

• Bay Watcher
  • A dorfy Dewott.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19366 on: June 14, 2017, 02:39:20 pm »

Got cocky after defeating both Pete the Invincible and Hyperius the Invincible in one day and attempted to take on Master Gee the Invincible.

It... didn't go well. At all.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19367 on: June 15, 2017, 06:49:10 pm »

Installed a few mods for MGSV (like that ever ends well).

One was titled "Infinite Heaven", and it came with a very difficult-to-use menu that relied on the log text to show the player what settings were active.

I wound up adding settings for wheeled armored vehicles and walker gears to appear in free roam.

The second was Morbidslinky's side-op pack for Infinite Heaven.

It added a number of side-ops to complete.

One of them involved extracting up to five prisoners.

Problem: I prefer a non-lethal playstyle. Most of the non-lethal weapons are either rubber bullets or tranquilizers.

These do nothing against riot suits.

Several of the soldiers had riot suits.

Cue several failed attempts to sneak into the village.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19368 on: June 15, 2017, 07:11:53 pm »

Smoke grenades tend to be better at non-lethal neutralizations. While the enemy does go into a non-combat alert if an enemy sees the smoke(same as any other slightly suspicious thing), the enemies caught in the smoke are practically paralyzed, allowing you to just run up and CQC them. Sleep grenades have a tendency to knock you out as well as the enemy.

The "if I need it later" syndrome that I too suffer from all too often shouldn't hinder you. Since you don't need to worry about mission ratings for Side Ops, just call in a supply drop - bonus if you drop it on an enemy's head. Any excess gear in the supplies will have their GMP refunded when you pick it up.

Also try out decoys. I haven't used them, but apparently the Big Boss Blow-up Doll is good for a distraction(and is a great gag at parties pn Mother Base!).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19369 on: June 15, 2017, 07:47:37 pm »

Riot suits are basically big targets that say "CQC me!"
Black lives matter.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19370 on: June 15, 2017, 08:27:27 pm »

Apparently if you throw a decoy at an enemy's feet and then inflate it, they get knocked out.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19371 on: June 15, 2017, 10:23:34 pm »

Apparently if you throw a decoy at an enemy's feet and then inflate it, they get knocked out.

I've seen videos demonstrating that those decoy shenanigans do indeed work. To truly comedic effect.

Riot suits are basically big targets that say "CQC me!"
Smoke grenades tend to be better at non-lethal neutralizations. While the enemy does go into a non-combat alert if an enemy sees the smoke(same as any other slightly suspicious thing), the enemies caught in the smoke are practically paralyzed, allowing you to just run up and CQC them.

Remembering these two facts allowed me to complete the side-op that gave me so much trouble. In combination with Bowtie's advice, above. Should help me with the "Bound Dragons" FOB Event, too (assuming I can get enough grenades).

Sleep grenades have a tendency to knock you out as well as the enemy.
The thing is, you can get back up from being knocked out a bit faster than the enemies if you hammer the buttons/wiggle the sticks fast enough. I did it all the time in the "New World Order" FOB Event.

Also try out decoys. I haven't used them, but apparently the Big Boss Blow-up Doll is good for a distraction(and is a great gag at parties pn Mother Base!).

apparently the Big Boss Blow-up Doll is good for a distraction(and is a great gag at parties pn Mother Base!).

the Big Boss Blow-up Doll

That is not a phrase I needed to read today.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19372 on: June 16, 2017, 05:09:47 am »

Black lives matter.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #19373 on: June 16, 2017, 10:00:13 am »

My fish was eaten by a fucking bird.
RIP Poseidon, Gen 2, orange/white calico.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #19374 on: June 16, 2017, 03:56:53 pm »

Hit the wrong button. Surrendered to the pretender revolt.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19375 on: June 16, 2017, 06:54:31 pm »

Not quite a death, but I think I screwed things up somehow - literally every one of my Skulls encounters have been with snipers, and either during or just after the completion of a prisoner side-op.

One time one of them jumped right next to me before shitting a grenade right next to me and the unconscious soldier I was supposed to Fulton as part of the side-op.

I was not happy.

EDIT: Also, several of the enemy soldiers in outposts will sometimes randomly start off critically wounded. The enemies will act as though the player was responsible. This can even happen to Side-Op critical enemies like assassination targets.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 07:41:08 pm by AzyWng »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19376 on: June 16, 2017, 07:23:03 pm »

Got super wrecked by avatar + archon king.

XCOM2
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19377 on: June 16, 2017, 07:54:31 pm »

Was playing around with my torpedo chopper against a few Onyx Watch ships. The Meridian was a curbstomp, as it's 22 broadside guns can't shoot up, and the ship was marked as too damaged after a solid hit on the side(and it's very satisfying watching it sink).

Spawned in a Buttress, which one of the Onyx Watch's specialties; heavy-armored ships referred to as "castle-ships". For a reason.

Waves of torpedoes slammed into its front, while I nimbly evaded its two massive CRAM guns(which do shoot up). And by "nimbly", I mean I cut the lifters and drop like a rock and hope I can get under the shells. This strategy actually worked for a while. I took one hit to the left wing, not sure what got taken out as it didn't affect my flight capabilities and my suit tentacles quickly repaired it.

A few salvos later, I take another hit to my right wing, this one actually took out the lifter, and possibly both of the rotors, as I began to spin out and fall. Given that the entire helicopter is made of light alloy, it's very bouyant. The trick was not to flip over, which was accomplished by punching whatever drives the helicopter had to the maximum and several ill-advised prayers to whatever deities were listening. My suit managed to repair the entire craft in due time.

Renewing my attack on the Buttress, I took a hit to the cockpit. It did little damage, but it did take out my chair and controls. As those two bits finally repair and I start flying again. I see two CRAM shells closing fast, no time to dodge. Direct hit, down the center, the ammo storage goes up. I'm blown out of what used to be the cockpit, and as I hit the water I see scrap splashing down around me. Buttress for the win.

Took a good look at the Buttress' damage. Much of the front end was gone, and the ship was halfway to being an open-air submarine. As I'm examining the ship, the forward CRAM(also damaged by my attacks) tries to fire at something and explodes. I'll bet if I hit from different directions, I could have sunk it.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #19378 on: June 16, 2017, 09:43:16 pm »

Okay what the hell is wrong with the AI today

I'm playing Holland and trying to form the Netherlands right

Right off the bat, I ask France and Austria to support my independence from Burgundy, but Austria is a doublecrossing asshole and declined to help even though they said they would

Next up I declare independence from Burgundy anyway, France spends half the time dicking around in Brittany and Burgundy proper and waits a good two years before approaching Picardy and the Dutch possessions (and even then only after fully occupying Burgundy and its hinterlands, I had to declare a separate peace with Brittany so the French would stop intervening there)

Subsequently Savoy declares war on us for some absurd reason, a third of the French army is dedicated to halfassedly trying to take territory in the Alps but abandoning the 30% siege on their fortress whenever a butterfly gets too close, but I figure I still have a decent chance of making it back up to Holland, taking the peninsula or whatever it is back, and occupying Antwerp so I can nab Breda in the peace deal

But then Scotland HAD to get dragged into some moronic war with England and Brittany, France takes this opportunity to sit its ass down on Normandy and Brittany and conveniently forget about its quest to help me break the power of their closest rival

I'm trying to do what I can to coax the Savoy-occupying army up to Antwerp when France backs out of the war and I get instantly annexed

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19379 on: June 17, 2017, 01:57:38 pm »

I decided to try out Planetside 2 again so I made a new account and played a bit a few days ago.

Today, I tried to log in and discovered that I had been banned. No explanation was given and I was offline when I was banned. I wasn't cheating (and there weren't even any accusations that I was hacking in the chat) and I have no idea why I would be banned, but now I don't think I'm going to play again if it's possible to get banned for doing nothing.

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 1290 1291 [1292] 1293 1294 ... 1575