Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1285 1286 [1287] 1288 1289 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376968 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19290 on: May 28, 2017, 10:11:00 pm »

I always feel like I'm placed on the least coordinated team.

The ones that don't do anything but walk about for laughs (it is Casual mode, but it still irritates me), the ones that don't seem to understand that this is a fast-paced game, etc.

I'm barely able to survive long enough to contribute. And even when I do I still lose.

They say when you bang your head against the wall long enough, the squishing sound starts to get depressing.

But I guess I've got some sort of subconscious suicidal tendency, because I'm still planning on playing this game.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19291 on: May 28, 2017, 10:22:29 pm »

You can still use her to level up. You just have to wait for her gravestone to appear and then pay a penalty in souls to talk to her again.

Also in the future I recommend practicing your spells, weapon movesets, and other things in the basement of the mansion in Majula where there isn't anything around (after you kill the skelly there). :P
Once, while trying out the PUGS moveset a little in Majula, I almost accidentally golf-swung Chloanne into Lothric. I was one attack from hitting her until I realized. :P
Black lives matter.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #19292 on: May 28, 2017, 10:48:22 pm »

The Shia Caliph won a battle in which I had objectively awesome commanders and a 4,000-man advantage. I lost at least 14,000 men in the battle while he lost maybe 2,000.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #19293 on: May 28, 2017, 10:52:34 pm »

Do you recall the composition of the armies involved?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19294 on: May 29, 2017, 01:18:35 am »

Played awesomenauts for the first time in ages.   I'm pretty sure now that I mis-remembered how 'good' I was at this game.   As I repeatedly got my ass handed to me by bots as me and my friend played a number of 'get the feel of the game again' botmatches and lost all but the first one.

That said Nibbs is adorable.  What is it I find so adorable about little miniature cute voiced dragons with murderous intent.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19295 on: May 30, 2017, 12:59:14 am »

Dude I went back to Smite after 2 years and I got trounced.  I used to win a lot, or at least that's how it felt...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19296 on: May 30, 2017, 11:05:57 am »

I decided to try the 1 vs 1 duel mode in Overwatch for the first time.

I lost 4 out of 4 games.   :P  Apparently I need some practice. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19297 on: May 31, 2017, 03:45:01 am »

A sniper position finally opened up, so I figured I'd try it. It, uh, it didn't go well.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19298 on: May 31, 2017, 10:27:39 am »

I remember sucking at sniper in RO2. I don't know why but I swear that rifle used weaker bullets than the standard bolt actions. I could remember multiple times where I shot someone in the chest, he didn't die, then he shot me, and then a few minutes later I would get a kill assist.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19299 on: June 01, 2017, 08:05:34 am »

Accidentally saved over my destroyer design. Luckily it was just a modification of the design, replacing most of the turrets with a crapload of missile launchers, but >:(! I really wish those buttons designed a bit better(the save button looks like a text box). It doesn't really work, partly since no matter how armored the ammo storage is, even a slight hit in the vicinity causes every single ammo box on the ship to explode, including ones that are in a separate section. Even using laser designators and holding the beams on target(hold the middle mouse button), the missiles are still hard to aim.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19300 on: June 01, 2017, 08:19:59 am »

Got headshot half a klick out by god-AI after taking down one of five enemies.

Spot a helicopter on my way back and decide to destroy it with the Titan and AT missiles I found on my hike. First shot goes wide somehow and arcs right over the helo. Reload. Second shot hits dead center. Celebrate for a fraction of a second. Die because apparently the explosion is much larger than I expected.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19301 on: June 01, 2017, 02:27:47 pm »

Playing against not-Raelynn: This person does X, what can I do about that? How can I fight it?
Playing against Raelynn: WHO WANTS TO CUDDLE WHO WANTS TO CUDDLE WHO WANTS TO CUDDLE WHO WANTS TO CUDDLE WHO WANTS TO CUDDLE
Yeah, "I can either kill or maim you from across the screen reliably in a game of low-to-mid range people, and the indicator you get doesn't match up to mine" isn't a bullshit set at all. That was a lie, it's entirely bullshit.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19302 on: June 01, 2017, 11:28:21 pm »

The Zerg campaign sure is weird.  First mission, decent tutorial.
Next three, 2-5, you and the enemies are divided by impassible terrain.  Thought zerg were about zerglings?  Nah, it's mutalisks all the way!  One mission (3 I think?) was needed a few grounds troops ferried over, but IIRC that was because the gas geyser ran out surprisingly quickly.

Then 5 is funny because it takes place entirely within a single unit.  Alright flavor-wise, kinda tedious mechanics-wise, good plot progression though.

Anyway, I "died" (wasted too much gas, gave up and restarted) on 7, because suddenly there *are* enemies you can, you know... ZERGLING RUSH :P  They happen to be zerg, but still.

I went for mutalisks (flyers) again as trained (not just recently, but faint recollections of high school), not noticing the ramp to the west.  The AI went *heavy* into hydralisks (ranged/AA shooters) who unburrowed to ambush my attack forces, repeatedly getting a few kills despite me withdrawing.  It was pretty frustrating until I realized my mistake.

Starcraft 1

Edit: Turns out you're almost separated from the main force on 7 too, there's just a weak base to your west and a loooong corridor to the northeast!  Man, it's really like they wanted to train Zerg players to spam mutalisks by default.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 12:34:17 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19303 on: June 02, 2017, 06:43:08 am »

I realized my folly too quickly by angering the gods inside the gods, and forcing a pecuniary goddess to give me what for repeatedly. Until I crumbled.

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19304 on: June 02, 2017, 01:40:35 pm »

WHO WANTS TO CUDDLE WHO WANTS TO CUDDLE WHO WANTS TO CUDDLE WHO WANTS TO CUDDLE DON'T WORRY IT'S SET TO STUN
Pages: 1 ... 1285 1286 [1287] 1288 1289 ... 1575