Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1272 1273 [1274] 1275 1276 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2377293 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19095 on: April 20, 2017, 12:23:00 am »

I'm honestly not exaggerating. Thirty-eight rolls is about how long it takes for an Undead Hunter charm to wear off when you get hit with it, and I've witnessed someone get hit with one and roll non-stop until it wore off so he could chug some more.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19096 on: April 20, 2017, 12:55:59 am »

i think i just contracted pancreatic cancer
Black lives matter.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19097 on: April 20, 2017, 06:05:18 am »

Ran past trees. Trees cast magic missile. Shields down, go brakka brakka with the Flakker and an Ahab. Shields restored. Summon deathtrap on orc camp; get the 60 second cooldown running. Arrive bloodpool and summon bigger trees. Flakker Ahab both, but the magic missiles were too awesome to bear. Brings me down. Never going to get that apiary.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19098 on: April 20, 2017, 09:39:48 am »

Ran past trees. Trees cast magic missile.

Sound game design right there!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19099 on: April 20, 2017, 12:20:58 pm »

Started a war with the npc faction, took over two of their territories. It was an easy victory. Next up im bugtesting with some bombers, they send several fleets to attack. I determine we need more fighters, so i spawn some in. After an hour of fighting, ive defeated several of their fleets from only my own fighter and ten companion craft. But all the heavy fighters id spawned are destroyed, only three bombers remain, and i take a missile to the cockpit that destroys my weapons computers, meaning i can no longer fight. I try to mke a run for it, but another lucky missile destroys my escape pod. The fighter itself is shortly wrecked.

Starmade.
It was a fun fight, really
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19100 on: April 20, 2017, 01:27:01 pm »

Tried training on monsters next to a city.

Got killed by a random battle mage.

TES I Arena
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19101 on: April 20, 2017, 02:07:29 pm »

Oof, Arena is brutal. I recommend dungeons for training because most monsters in town will pwn you early on. Stay out of towns at night in general, really.

I can't believe I fucking did it again.

I'm cornered by fast monsters. I have no potions and very little health. I have a scroll of phasing and a town portal. Foolishly thinking I'd be able to just savescum until I successfully used one, I saved the game in this situation. And now I think my save file might be doomed, because this game is just a contest of who can initiate the endless hitstun cycle first.

I'm going to cheat like a devil to get out of this one, though, fuck this game. I'm so sick of fucking gargoyles.

Diablo.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 05:53:22 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19102 on: April 21, 2017, 06:32:40 am »

Succesfully escaping the Fang Lair, I travelled to the nearest Skyrim town to get my swamp rot cured. (Skyrim because Silmane said that the next big dungeon is there.)
Suddenly the text: "Troll is regenerating" appears, I turn around and get killed by a random troll inside the city.

TES I: Arena
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19103 on: April 21, 2017, 06:53:23 am »

I'm so sick of fucking gargoyles.

Diablo.
Keep a bow or Firebolt handy. That way, you can lure them out one at a time. Just find one early enough, hit it once from afar, and let it come to you. Much more manageable that way.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19104 on: April 21, 2017, 11:06:45 am »

Succesfully escaping the Fang Lair, I travelled to the nearest Skyrim town to get my swamp rot cured. (Skyrim because Silmane said that the next big dungeon is there.)
Suddenly the text: "Troll is regenerating" appears, I turn around and get killed by a random troll inside the city.

TES I: Arena
Re: Mathel gets Trolled

I remember that in Daggerfall there's an option that makes it so you only drop our of fast travel during the day, I'm not sure if Arena had something similar since I barely played it before quitting.

Eitjer way, there tends to be a LOT pf BS deaths in Arena, so don't feel bad :P

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19105 on: April 21, 2017, 11:11:31 am »

Re: Mathel gets Trolled

I remember that in Daggerfall there's an option that makes it so you only drop our of fast travel during the day, I'm not sure if Arena had something similar since I barely played it before quitting.

Either way, there tends to be a LOT pf BS deaths in Arena, so don't feel bad :P

It does not. Arena does not even tell you the time of day you will arrive, only the date.
But what I do not get is this: How do the monsterous ememies like lizard men, trolls and goblins get into the walled in cities?
It makes sense when you get attacked by a rogue or a battlemage, but a troll?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 11:13:23 am by Mathel »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19106 on: April 21, 2017, 04:19:38 pm »

Clearly they got in through the sewers or over the walls whwn the guards werent looking
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19107 on: April 21, 2017, 04:23:40 pm »

Clearly the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher lets them in through the dungeons.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19108 on: April 21, 2017, 10:22:55 pm »

Got all the way to the point where Jack gets to the wolf den.

By the time I was finally able to beat the level I mirrored Jack's sentiment of "I don't really care".

Then the game froze as I struck the final blow.

When I reopened it my profile was gone, forcing me to start again.

When one person goes Rambo, everyone else tends to die.

When one person goes Rambo four times in a row for each attempt at a level, everyone else tends to get irritated.

I saw this firsthand.

The fact that we were working with an armed nuke didn't help.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19109 on: April 21, 2017, 11:25:36 pm »

Dusted off an old game from back when I was younger.  Died to the very first goblin because I haven't played it in years.
Pages: 1 ... 1272 1273 [1274] 1275 1276 ... 1575