Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372724 times)

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #1875 on: March 22, 2011, 10:44:37 pm »

Was preparing to fight the boss of the area, stabbed three inconsequential minions for the hell of, ran up to fight her super-tough holy-knight bodyguard, when he hits me and I fly REALLY far back, then stumble off the cliff as I recover, falling into a recess in the cliff, where there is no way back up, and below is a plague-ridden swamp filled with the zombies of unborn babies. Since I have no hope, I kill myself.

Can anyone guess the game?
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: March 22, 2011, 11:24:41 pm »

Was preparing to fight the boss of the area, stabbed three inconsequential minions for the hell of, ran up to fight her super-tough holy-knight bodyguard, when he hits me and I fly REALLY far back, then stumble off the cliff as I recover, falling into a recess in the cliff, where there is no way back up, and below is a plague-ridden swamp filled with the zombies of unborn babies. Since I have no hope, I kill myself.

Dante's Inferno?
[/post]

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: March 22, 2011, 11:51:40 pm »

Dante's Inferno?
I think it's Demons Souls.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: March 23, 2011, 12:03:54 am »

Yup, it's Demon's Souls. Nintendo hard in the modern era.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: March 23, 2011, 12:54:13 am »

A training dummy threw a rock at me.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: March 23, 2011, 12:57:59 am »

A training dummy threw a rock at me.
...Wait, what? How is that even possible?

What game?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: March 23, 2011, 01:02:51 am »

Dungeon crawl.  I died during the tutorial...
All generalizations are false....including this one.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: March 23, 2011, 01:03:50 am »

You are going to have some serious Fun post-tutorial, then.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: March 23, 2011, 06:01:45 am »

Got shot to death by a rabbit.

Also, Fantasy Seal hax.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: March 23, 2011, 06:25:48 am »

The new officially-endorsed, fan-created L4D2 campaign that's currently in beta is total bullshit.  Hey, let's bomb the bridge while the players are on it, okay, that's a cool effect, and let's instantly incapacitate anyone who's standing in the wrong spot!  Which means unavoidable death if you already went down a couple times.  Also, death-charges should really be at the ends of levels, not at the very beginning.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: March 23, 2011, 06:46:30 am »

I got cocky, tried to punch someone right before he died to knock him out so I could have fun with his still-living body. He got in a couple of lucky hits to my head.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: March 23, 2011, 06:49:21 am »

You are going to have some serious Fun post-tutorial, then.
I find the tutorial to be the hardest part of the game. Mainly because I get slaughtered from pure boredom.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: March 24, 2011, 05:30:52 pm »

I heard about aliens terrorizing civilians in some city in India. I went to assist.

My team can see a sectoid right outside our Skyranger. We took it down easily with some laser fire. End turn. Nothing eventful happens to me.

Next turn: Send one guy down to guard my ramp. Oh crap, oh crap, two Cyberdiscs right outside our ship. Why we couldn't see them from inside, I don't know. Prime grenade, delay zero seconds. Not enough TUs to throw? Oh crap, oh crap. Meatshield-2, you have more TUs than Meatshield-1. Go down and help.

Meatshield-2 goes down the ramp not quite as far as the previous soldier did. Prime grenade, zero delay. Well crap, he can't throw it yet either. End turn. Hopefully they can cook the grenades without getting splattered.

*Zzt, zzt, zzt* Three streams of hot plasma death shoot out from UNDER the Skyranger. Both soldiers are now dead. They drop their grenades. Grenades go boom.

Despite being mere squares from the explosion, no friendlies were injured. I couldn't continue after such a boneheaded move, though. Cue me pressing the "rewind" button on my time machine. None of the above ever happened.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1888 on: March 24, 2011, 09:04:40 pm »

I accidentally touched a fairy, exploding in a crash of pure power.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: March 24, 2011, 09:16:04 pm »

Bunch of pimps managed to swarm me and kept on stepping on my face until I died.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 1575