Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1245 1246 [1247] 1248 1249 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376556 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18690 on: February 07, 2017, 10:48:14 am »

Oh, whoops, sorry, I see.  I must have forgotten that TH15 marks its checkpoints as chapters.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18691 on: February 10, 2017, 03:44:08 am »

I had this in the bag. I was going to get to the end of Perfect Cherry Blossom this day. I used a continue, so I'm getting the bad ending and of course no replay, no high score, no bragging rights, but by God I was going to beat this game. I didn't even have to use a continue until I got to Youmu herself, so I was in pretty good shape as long as I was at least moderately competent.

I felt like I was putting up a pretty good show for my skill level, considering this was only my second time ever facing Youmu. However, I did die a lot, and eventually had to use a second continue.

The menu defaults to "no."  It also doesn't confirm when you hit "no."

Run over. Not even a bad ending for me. Fffffffff-

TH07: Perfect Cherry Blossom.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18692 on: February 10, 2017, 05:00:39 am »

Preeeeety sure my crew spent too much time bickering and getting sassed by me to actually win a single round tonight. Over a couple hours of playing.

Overwatch.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18693 on: February 10, 2017, 08:13:23 am »

i died inside yesterday when snowstorm closed all the gyms in town
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #18694 on: February 10, 2017, 10:46:04 am »

Preeeeety sure my crew spent too much time bickering and getting sassed by me to actually win a single round tonight. Over a couple hours of playing.

Get a new crew.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18695 on: February 10, 2017, 04:04:39 pm »

Went into the Memory of Vammar for the second time to get my first Soul of a Giant. I failed to notice the giant bits obtrusively clipping through that first door and, upon opening it, was instantly killed. From full health.

Dark Souls 2
Black lives matter.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18696 on: February 10, 2017, 05:51:30 pm »

Breaching my first very large UFO in the campaign. Snake-men, first time fighting snake-men in the campaign. Group of about 5 Xcom operatives creeping through the corridors when they spot a snake. The first couple operatives open fire, fail to kill. One of my elite soldiers runs up and pumps two snap shots of heavy laser into the back of its head, it still stays up. This leaves several operatives out of TUs starting at this one snake.

Here comes the alien turn, the snake turns around, and fires off his blaster launcher. At point blank range. Everyone dies.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18697 on: February 10, 2017, 07:29:21 pm »

Gore Magala comes from the "Sit on top of you and stunlock you until you die" school of monster. It feels like I'm just playing the game for the first time all over again.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

EDIT:

10 minutes left on the quest but I nearly have him beat. I cornered Gore Magala in his hidey-hole and he's going apeshit. He hits me with a combo, but I have massive HP and Felyne Defender and can get away as soon as I stop being dizzy. I hit Y to put my weapon away and run

and stop to eat a delicious steak instead

Gore Magala can't believe his luck but immediately winds up the projectile attack

You have fainted

why does becoming dizzy automatically put your weapon away
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 11:05:28 pm by itisnotlogical »
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18698 on: February 10, 2017, 11:17:39 pm »

started playing Star Ruler 2 today. first AI match on easy stalled to a peacefull outcome, it was boring and my economy was horrible so i ended it.

oh but the second one in normal was death for me. i had expanded my empire for at least a single galactic arm, my capital planet was just one step of reaching lvl 4 but suddenly the empire with the highest power in the senate declared war on me and started sending 700 size fleets with 2M strength or something. i was just starting to amass on military right before that. so yeah. all that effort went to waste.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18699 on: February 11, 2017, 12:24:48 am »

Have you played the original? Flawed, but the better game I think. There's nothing more satisfying than building a fleet of A.I. controlled planet-destroyers that strip-mine whole systems and produce dozens of new ships in moments. It's glorious.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18700 on: February 11, 2017, 01:18:34 am »

The game has not been merciful. I fought my way through bitter black isle to the lower stratum a second time, and along they way got smushed to death by a chaos dragon, decapitated twice in a row by death himself, lost all my pawns repeatedly, and ended up getting knocked off a cliff by a greater fire drake (I think that's what they're called.) Had to retreat, there were actually two of them, and my pawns were very poorly equipped to handle drakes. Many wakestones were wasted.

Dragons dogma; dark arisen.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18701 on: February 11, 2017, 05:22:02 pm »

Got walled hard by a Walrein who Stockpiled 3 times, and kept using Rest. I could not outdamage it's recovery from Rest, and it also had Snore and Frost Breath as attacks.

Damn, I might have to pull that one sometime.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18702 on: February 11, 2017, 07:47:54 pm »

I only now realized that extra lives in this game are based on how many point items you've collected, not your actual score. I'm a dummy. It might actually be possible to get a 1up before Letty if you play perfectly, or on a harder difficulty that awards more items.

However, it's pointless if you end up playing recklessly and rushing through bullets to catch falling items because you just need a few more. I died more on Stage 2 this last run than I have since I started playing the game. And it's pointless to play in general if you have loud nephews and nieces watching you.

The game's a danmaku shooter that rhymes with "Shmerfect Hairy Awesome".

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18703 on: February 11, 2017, 10:37:57 pm »

Apparently you can get damaged by the Huntsman's Copse necromancer's spells mid-jump. This also puts you into the default stun animation that normally occurs when being hit by such an attack and cancels any and all forward momentum.
Regardless of whether or not you were, say, jumping over a pit to kill said necromancer.

Dark Souls 2. I mean, come on, what the fuck?
Black lives matter.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #18704 on: February 12, 2017, 01:50:16 pm »

It turns out that even at rank 20 I cannot escape drooling inbreds with dragon priest or pirate warrior net-decks.  Its gotten to the point where I just concede once the second talonpriest comes out because I don't have the cards to win games anymore.  I'm not going to spend money on a game that I can't play without buying the "correct" cards I need to win.

Hearthstone
Pages: 1 ... 1245 1246 [1247] 1248 1249 ... 1575