Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1244 1245 [1246] 1247 1248 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376477 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18675 on: February 05, 2017, 03:26:08 pm »

I think your first problem was bringing an Antiquarian to the Darkest Dungeon :P

Yeah, I thought the Antiquarian was there to support the party and help make money?

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18676 on: February 05, 2017, 03:31:07 pm »

Also, the retreat option was disabled because you only had one person left - if you retreat from the Darkest Dungeon, one person gets left behind.
If so, that wasn't true for the first two stages. I had a lone Arbalest in the first stage flee and make it back alive (if rather deeply insane) with all my trinkets, and a Vestal repeat the trick in the second stage.

...I've fed a lot of scouts to the Darkest Dungeon. :P The Antiquarian was specifically chosen because she wouldn't be missed, and in the hopes her somewhat-respectable dodge-buffs would keep the others alive a bit longer.

I think the issue was actually that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18677 on: February 05, 2017, 05:33:09 pm »

I got all the way to the Prismriver Sisters without losing a single life. That's insanely good for me. I usually die at least once or twice to Alice, and then to Lily White, and then to the final youkai that has a ton of health and shoots a ton of bullets but isn't actually a midboss. Not this time, although I had to bomb quite a bit at the beginning and end of Stage 4.

Then somebody distracted me for a second and the run instantly went down the shitter. Half my lives gone, all bombs used in less than a minute. So infuriating. I tried to restart and couldn't even get close to replicating it. I should have lost all my lives and at least gotten the replay and high score.

This is why I quit playing League and other games where you need unbroken attention, nothing is worse than being in the zone and getting taken out of it.

TH07: Perfect Cherry Blossom.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18678 on: February 05, 2017, 07:25:23 pm »

Tried to kill an enemy soldier on a ridge above me by shooting down the helicopter that was hovering over him. I think I got him, but I didn't get the chance to check. The wrecked helicopter rolled down onto me.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18679 on: February 05, 2017, 07:47:38 pm »

Trying to learn parrying! Not easy, especially when you aren't using a parry tool.

Dark Souls 2
Black lives matter.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18680 on: February 05, 2017, 08:54:10 pm »

I started as a one province Buddhist nation in the little creek to the far east, when some khanate raiders show up and spend a year raiding my capital. I was pretty irritated by this because I had two counties and that was my capital, but hey, that's life. They finish destroying my trade post and raiding and then they leave. I then decide that I've got enough soldiers to make a sneak conquest on another one county power.
As soon as I raise my soldiers, the raiders turn around. I don't have anything worth taking by this point, they just turn around to smack my bitch up for no goddamn reason.
I quit the game, damned that run, and decided to try anew later, on another county.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18681 on: February 06, 2017, 02:15:32 am »

I was attacked by a group of raiders with machineguns and huge sniper rifles that killed all my NPC companions. I fought off the ambush, then came under fire from a distant figure in some trees. Firing blind, I hit a fellow named "Follows-Chalk" and figured that killing him would cause some chain of events that would lead to the rest of the DLC happening.

As soon as he dies I fail a quest. Forgive me for being so ignorant and presumptuous, assuming that a tribal in the direction that I was just shot from might be hostile, when I was literally just attacked by a group of tribals.

Fallout: New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18682 on: February 06, 2017, 05:37:34 am »

Take drugs. Kill a bear.
Black lives matter.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #18683 on: February 06, 2017, 06:32:27 pm »

Steal a pistol from the dude in the cave who's, like, totes important.

I really liked that pistol...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18684 on: February 06, 2017, 07:03:18 pm »

Don't steal it, actually. They're common throughout the DLC, a quest reward, and you get a unique one at the end.
Black lives matter.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18685 on: February 06, 2017, 09:10:27 pm »

I was considering stealing the infinite pile that he continually pulls them out of, but that's sadly a nonphysical illusion. The animation gets pretty silly if you see it more than once.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18686 on: February 07, 2017, 02:32:33 am »

We entered another chamber. Didn't take more than half a dozen steps and my companion yells out "Strigoi!" And my view is obscured by black for an instant before I see her flying through the air like a ragdoll, to land in the waters far below, thoroughly dead. There were three or four of them, i couldnt actually tell. I was so terrified I immediately turned around and ran back through the door to the safety of the passage on the other side and resummoned my main pawn.

Went back through, and first thing to happen was one of those strigoi grabbed me and impaled me on its big ass tail stinger. Not a great start to a fight. That whole damn chamber was a series of fights where at least one of us would get tossed off a cliff or turned into a pancake by an eliminator (my pawn even called out "Eliminator!" immediately before being evicted from the bridge to die. Again.) It took me over an hour to get from one end to the other. Used four or so wakestones.
Only way I managed to kill the eliminators was to get them close to a cliff and use my bow's knockback to shove them off. There were too many wraiths and zombies and liches swarming us to concentrate on them.

Dragons dogma, dark arisen, bitter black isle.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18687 on: February 07, 2017, 10:00:37 am »

I decided to give Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom an honest chance. It wouldn't be fair to just say "WAAAH IT'S DIFFERENT" and dismiss it for no reason. It's weird, but Touhou is weird in general and I really liked it once I gave it an honest chance. Maybe the differences are good and I just can't see it yet.

I got to the first boss ("stage" seems to be meaningless in this game). I beat the first spell card, point items and other goodies burst from the boss and the "Chapter Clear" message came up. A sane person would assume the battle was over and rush forth to grab the items. A sane person also got shot and died because the boss battle wasn't really over despite every indication that it was.

WAAAH IT'S DIFFERENT

TH15: Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18688 on: February 07, 2017, 10:37:05 am »

Is that actually different?  I hadn't actually noticed it during my run, but even if it is, I thought that TH15 wasn't the first game to decline to clear bullets immediately on Chapter Clear.  Could be worse; could be Meru~pyon.

Any way, for my own part, I can't say too much, either. I died to rampant brofisting. :P

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18689 on: February 07, 2017, 10:45:00 am »

I was assuming that the entire fight was done, as in the boss would stop shooting/go away and a cutscene would start. The "chapter clear" was just the beginning of the next pattern. To be fair to the game, there had been several "chapter clears" in quick succession in the stage preceding, none of which seemed to actually mean anything. It's the first time I've seen anything other than "beat the whole stage + boss -> results screen -> challenge next stage" in a Touhou game.
Pages: 1 ... 1244 1245 [1246] 1247 1248 ... 1575