Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1194 1195 [1196] 1197 1198 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373880 times)

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17925 on: August 29, 2016, 08:29:20 pm »

I went to a local weekly Super Smash Brothers Melee tournament, I didn't get BODIED but I did go 0-2.  I could've stayed for the loser's bracket, but I mean walking across campus at 12am probably isn't a good idea.  The dude I fought was super chill tho, I took 3 stocks both times and he only wobbled me once and it seemed like he coulda done it at any time for every stock.
I guess I should at least TRY to learn to L-Cancel and the Mach Ball.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17926 on: August 29, 2016, 11:49:06 pm »

No-hit Wolf-Run achievement is a bitch. A lot of these achievements are a bitch to complete, if not downright impossible.

The Checkpoint halfway through is a curse, not a fucking blessing!

« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 11:53:22 pm by BlackFlyme »

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17927 on: August 30, 2016, 12:12:23 am »

Got a distress signal saying that some meteors were about to hit the local planet, offering 100K to anyone who could blow them up. It seemed like easy money, so I accepted, and warped to the waypoint as quickly as I could. Of course, the meteors were headed towards the nighttime side of the planet, so I wouldn't be able to see where the ground was with my eyeholes since it would be pitch black all the way. I figured it wouldn't be a big deal, so I poured all my energy into my weapons and gave it my best shot. They entered the atmosphere pretty quickly, but I figured I still had plenty of time. I seven of them down, and began waiting for my weapons to charge back up so I could get the last one. I then emptied my cannons into it, and just as it was about to explode, I saw it hit slam into something, forming a shockwave.

CONTRACT OBJECTIVE FAILED: PAYMENT REFUSED

Evochron Legacy.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17928 on: August 30, 2016, 01:37:11 am »

No-hit Wolf-Run achievement is a bitch. A lot of these achievements are a bitch to complete, if not downright impossible.

The Checkpoint halfway through is a curse, not a fucking blessing!

I've heard it's like Dark Souls but 2D and is also really bad besides the music.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17929 on: August 30, 2016, 01:40:28 am »

I've heard it's like Dark Souls but 2D and is also really bad besides the music.

It's gotten much better, compared to some old YouTube videos I've watched. Haven't played the old version, but the current version is subtitled Back From Hell, and has been receiving decent reviews. Still infuriating at times. Attempting some of the achievements will make you want to pull your hair out.

The art is really great, too.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17930 on: August 30, 2016, 04:36:51 pm »

Got drop-kicked by a rape-zombie ninja.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17931 on: September 01, 2016, 02:53:50 am »

I tried "Challenge the Gods", a minigame where you fight tough bosses from much further in the game in exchange for rare loot and crafting materials.

Usually, even this minigame isn't a problem, as the bosses are pretty dumb, you fight in a huge arena, and nothing's stopping you from using potions or Resurrection Coins (which, while not abundant, aren't hard to come by either).

I met a boss named Ghost Jack. He had an attack that could one-shot me, was apparently immune to stuns, and tanked my most powerful ability like it was nothing.

Sword of Chaos. WHY AM I STILL PLAYING THIS GAME.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17932 on: September 01, 2016, 02:23:33 pm »

The tutorial told me to fire my gun by pressing ctrl, pressing ctrl does nothing. I quit.

I really, really want to enjoy this game but even the tutorial is incredibly obtuse and slow. The buttons you need to press only appear on your screen for a few seconds and then theyre gone forever, so gl if you missed them. The tutorial tells you to dock, and then you have to figure out that the point wasnt to trade, the point was to just undock immediately after docking.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17933 on: September 01, 2016, 03:54:34 pm »

Day 4. A random dog had the misfortune of straying into the minefield near my evac shelter... and the noisy explosion summoned the nearby zombies, which triggered more explosions, and before long I had an entire horde on my hands, a mere ~35 tiles outside my front door. I hatched a cunning plan - wait until nightfall to abuse my night vision, then bait them into the half-finished wall of deep pits in front of my citadel, using my knife spear to poke them as they cross the pits. My single-shot shotgun was reserved for the lone shocker brute, which was half-damaged by the landmines already, and I had a katana ready to mop up. All I had to do was wait until darkness fell, and I had a bunch of new books to read (including First Aid and Cutting Weapon books) to pass the time.

My cunning plan was thwarted when the shocker brute got bored and circled around to the opposite side of my shelter... where I was reading. I had to desperately kite around him, blasting him with the shotgun before finding time to reload. The fight attracted more of the horde, many of which raced through my shelter to attack me (several dying to the pits at least). My knife spear served me well, impaling countless zombies, and as I moved to clear the remaining zombies I darted through the shelter and ate a few items that were about to rot.

Before long, I'd conquered the horde, and was ready to set to work butchering the remains and cleaning up the loot, and... wait a second, why am I getting messages about "being in pain"? "Fuzzy vision"?

Astute readers will note me grabbing a couple of items to eat. I completely missed the fact that I was eating raw meat, not cooked meat. And yep, I've now got a nasty parasite infection. My pain was already somewhat high after the fight (including the shocker brute's electrocution), and this was my first character for a while - I'd assumed the random pain messages were just reminding me about my battle injuries. Nope, I've got a full-on parasitic infection, and although I have a book telling me how to craft a cure it I don't even have the Survival skill to read the book, never mind craft the cure.

I set out into the city to try and find a doctor's clinic, or a hospital, or a random antiparasitic drop from a bathroom... but alas, all I got was an encounter with a Zombie Brute. I managed to shotgun him down, but the horde nearby had been alerted, and my speed was reduced to a pitiful 25 by the pain, so couldn't run or fight. Technically it was a zombie that killed me, but that's a technicality - I died to a microscopic parasite that I should never have risked infecting myself with.

TL;DR: Fought off a zombie horde single-handedly after being ambushed by one of the scariest zombies in the game. Accidentally ate raw meat during the fight. Overwhelmed by parasitic infection during my victory celebration.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17934 on: September 01, 2016, 04:53:37 pm »

Good news, I found out you can avoid having to start a new game entirely by closing the app before the game over screen appears. I simply just have to restart the level.

Bad news, I keep getting wrecked on the Yellow Brick Road(yes, that one), oftentimes taking a hit from a large leprechaun who is very insistent on smacking me in the face with his... sausage. It doesn't help that said sausage is at the end of a very long and pointed stick and is delivered via full-body charge.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17935 on: September 01, 2016, 11:02:52 pm »

Kanoko is kicking my ass. I've mostly figured out her first attack/spell card combo, but her second non-spell seems completely impossible without bombs and her second spell card is deceptively difficult. And anything that involves her throwing knives at me is just annoying. She fires knives in a stream, I waft to the side, only to get stabbed by the last knife in the stream. Bluh. At least I can consistently GET to her now, even through the hell that is Stage 4.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17936 on: September 02, 2016, 03:18:06 am »

I interacted with another player for the first time in months and months of playing this supposed MMORPG. Of course, it was a super high-level player on the opposite team in a battleground.

I don't think they even saw me, they just accidentally trampled me with an AOE charge attack on the way to the real objective.

Sword of Chaos.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

andrewas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17937 on: September 02, 2016, 01:02:54 pm »

The tutorial told me to fire my gun by pressing ctrl, pressing ctrl does nothing. I quit.

I really, really want to enjoy this game but even the tutorial is incredibly obtuse and slow. The buttons you need to press only appear on your screen for a few seconds and then theyre gone forever, so gl if you missed them. The tutorial tells you to dock, and then you have to figure out that the point wasnt to trade, the point was to just undock immediately after docking.

Did you take the trader start? If its like X3:TC, that start gives you a ship with no weapons and the tutorial does not account for that. Which is bloody stupid and should have been fixed for AP, but Egosoft have never been that great at polishing the details.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17938 on: September 02, 2016, 01:32:08 pm »

Yes, I did start as a trader. I guess that makes sense.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #17939 on: September 02, 2016, 01:48:03 pm »

Werewolves attacked my village. My hunters and most of my warriors were away, so nobody knew how to handle this event, so I wound up in a four skull fight I stupidly did not forfeit and subsequently lost my two best crafters and a gatherer. On the plus side, one of those crafters came back as a werewolf, and he looks pretty badass even if he doesnt have any of the crafting abilities I so desperately desire. These spidersilk crossbows aren't going to craft themselves!

Pages: 1 ... 1194 1195 [1196] 1197 1198 ... 1575