Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1183 1184 [1185] 1186 1187 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373576 times)

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account Lets Plays
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17760 on: July 29, 2016, 03:14:49 am »

While I wasn't necessarily doing bad myself, I got utterly wrecked by Roman at bowling.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

LMAO I was just bowling in GTA IV too.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17761 on: July 29, 2016, 01:21:23 pm »

Dear Motorcycle missions,

GO TO HELL.

Sincerely,
My middle finger.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17762 on: July 29, 2016, 07:20:28 pm »

GTA: Turning motorcycles into people-cannons since whenever.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #17763 on: July 29, 2016, 08:06:45 pm »

Was stealing stuff in some apartments when I ran into a prison guard. I wasn't wearing the black turtleneck (a bit of conservative oversight on my part.)

I ignored the conservative alarm and instead continued stealing, before I ran into a Soldier. The soldier shot me with his M16 and I died. I was the only member of the LCS.

Liberal Crime Squad.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17764 on: July 30, 2016, 02:46:30 pm »

A transporter mission had me going from the Badlands base to Dust. Part of the route was over the Harrington Memorial Bridge... which my vehicle(an ambulance) melted through, getting caught on the scaffolds below.

Second attempt, the detour(shown on GPS) required since the bridge was damaged made it only barely possible to complete within the total time limit - the pro time is impossible. I finished with 0 seconds left.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17765 on: July 30, 2016, 03:39:35 pm »

Decided I was going to beat this Extra Stage, no matter how long it took. The starting couple barrages killed me. I restarted again and again until I could semi-consistently get past them. Standard dakka, standard dakka. The midboss isn't nearly as bad as Patchouli+, but I still have to use a bomb or two for her. Then I go get the extra life... And immediately lose it. You see, there's a fairy/ghost/youkai/whatever that appears and shoots at you RIGHT after the Chen boss fight ends. And then there's a lot more of those things for the rest of the stage and it takes me a while to get past THEM. The rainbow cannons near the end of the stage are actually quite fun to dodge. Then I find the boss: Ran Fluffytail, whose pet/familiar I'd just beat the crap out of. While her standard attacks are wimpy[Just like Flandre's were], her first spell card is devastating. After several more tries, I get past it and streak through the next few spell cards no problem. Then she does a thing where she moves around the screen a bunch. That spell card is, in my book, a good spell card. Follows a pattern, keeps you on your toes and isn't impossible to dodge. About thirty seconds into the spellcard, I realize I'm not actually hurting her. I can only shoot upwards. And Ran is below me or to the side most of the time. I heroically survive another ten seconds before getting dunked on.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17766 on: July 30, 2016, 06:52:36 pm »

A level 15 pidgey ran away from me. Before I even threw a pokeball.

I have captured HUNDREDS of your brethren and sent them to be experimented on in a distant laboratory. You are NOTHING to me, HOW DARE YOU RUN AWAY

Pokemon Go
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17767 on: July 31, 2016, 02:16:44 pm »

Everything was going fine. Hyper Tetsucabra #2 of 3 was about half dead, I was adept-evading everything easily...

Then he pulled a rock out of the ground. I wasn't worried. I mean, he'd done this a dozen times already. I adept-evaded his charge, laughing at his obvious telegraphed attacks, and then BOP - I was suddenly dead.

It took me a second to figure out what had happened, but then I realized I had walked into the rock he'd left sitting there and it had randomly shattered while I was next to it, somehow eviscerating my entire health bar. What.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17768 on: July 31, 2016, 03:22:52 pm »

Finished a mission involving torturing a command officer, and throwing him(and the car we were driving) into a giant borehole. Game physics meant that I got hit in the foot by the car, sent flying into the borehole, slamming my head against the side. I had but a tiny sliver of health left when I hit the bottom. Then the mission complete screen went away and I instant-died because I was below the point where falling into one of these holes is instantaneous death.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17769 on: July 31, 2016, 03:29:42 pm »

I died the exact same way on that mission, a month or two ago!  Hilarious.

More recently I set out from Gondolin in search of Tulkas's temple.  "Somewhere to the northeast" was getting me just a bunch of impassable forest, so I tried heading NW first.  Found the interest to Angband.  Tried to head south, slipped and slid (a whole overworld tile) to the north.  Tried again, slipped farther north into the massive arctic glacier.  Eventually almost made it back, got ambushed by a crow...  Finding myself in the middle of a solid mass of "dead tree".  Dug my way to the map edge with a pick, returned to overmap.  Slip-slip, ambushed again by some great eagles of Manwe.  Slipped and received a "serious gash" and stunned.  Killed by great eagle and his ranger companion.

Tales of Middle Earth (ToME) 2.3.5
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #17770 on: July 31, 2016, 03:36:59 pm »

I caught an Abomasnow, the bastard thing.

Pokemon X
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17771 on: July 31, 2016, 05:16:58 pm »

Encounters in Prophesy of Pendor come in one of two forms:
1: Not entirely made of goddamn horsemen (rare)
2: Made entirely of goddamn horsemen (for every leaf in the forest, for every blade of grass on the plain, two of these.)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17772 on: July 31, 2016, 05:24:08 pm »

Was pretty badly wiped out fighting Alice, I'm actually surprised I made it to, much less past, Lily White. It was the megastorm of danmaku that followed Lily, that finished me off.

EDIT: I'm surprised nobody noticed me getting the name wrong. It's what happens when two mostly unimportant characters have similar names...

Encounters in Prophesy of Pendor come in one of two forms:
1: Not entirely made of goddamn horsemen (rare)
2: Made entirely of goddamn horsemen (for every leaf in the forest, for every blade of grass on the plain, two of these.)

That was what I hated about PoP. The dev says it requires masterful playing skills. I say it requires an export/import exploited max-statted character AND masterful playing skills, since most encounters were against hundreds(the "boss" party spawns can go over 1000 if I recall) of troops that can easily curbstomp top-tier troops from native and many other mods.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 06:16:57 am by Akura »

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17773 on: August 01, 2016, 12:07:05 am »

Eaten by a one limbed bug eyed wasp critter

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17774 on: August 01, 2016, 05:12:04 pm »

Decided to forget about Ran and just move on to the next game. Went with Team Scarlet, obviously. I got quite distracted by the H/Y meter in the corner, as well as the general team system while completely forgetting I had bombs most of the time. Tragedy ensued. Still, I staggered over to Stage 4. This Stage 4 is the worst Stage 4 I've yet encountered. And Stage 4 is the worst of all the Stages in both EoSD AND PCB. Yes, that includes the Extra Stages[Although I'm not sure how they compare to PCB Phantasm]. Still, I got to the mid-boss. Reimu then proceeded to square the circle on me after a hilarious comedy of error.

Since I'd just done hilariously badly at Touhou, I attempted to prove I still had it by assailing Ran again. I vanquished her raccoon laser, sashayed through her radiance curtains and even dodged her bullshit illusion spell card that lasts an entire minute because I can never hit her during it. In an unprecedented turn of events, I even beat her laser swastika and black hole abilities and got to see a completely new spell card~! Here goes~! Doesn't seem too hard so far... Wait, what are THEY doing he-

RIP Knoife Maid, dead from cat to the face

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 1183 1184 [1185] 1186 1187 ... 1575