Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1180 1181 [1182] 1183 1184 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373442 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17715 on: July 24, 2016, 09:35:52 pm »

Generations is easier, a good place to jump in.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17716 on: July 24, 2016, 10:56:30 pm »

Not really my death.

Playing Starbound for the first time in awhile.   Impressed with the improvements so far.  I found a capture ball in some radioactive mine and captured a pet.   Some kind of bipedal green lizard thing.

I test it out back at my humble base.  It happily wanders around following me.  I decide to bring it with me on a little hunting excursion and... it decided to drop down into my lava moat.  Dead.  Don't need to jump over that moat or anything.  it's just stone platform over lava.  It had to intentionally and knowingly decide to kill itself at just that instant.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17717 on: July 24, 2016, 11:24:07 pm »

Not really my death.

Playing Starbound for the first time in awhile.   Impressed with the improvements so far.  I found a capture ball in some radioactive mine and captured a pet.   Some kind of bipedal green lizard thing.

I test it out back at my humble base.  It happily wanders around following me.  I decide to bring it with me on a little hunting excursion and... it decided to drop down into my lava moat.  Dead.  Don't need to jump over that moat or anything.  it's just stone platform over lava.  It had to intentionally and knowingly decide to kill itself at just that instant.
Why do you have a lava moat?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17718 on: July 24, 2016, 11:31:04 pm »

Not really my death.

Of all the forums in the world, why would you think someone here WOULDN'T have a lava moat?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17719 on: July 24, 2016, 11:44:24 pm »

Not really my death.

Why do you NOT have a lava moat?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17720 on: July 25, 2016, 12:39:09 am »

Not really my death.

Of all the forums in the world, why would you think someone here WOULDN'T have a lava moat?
A better reply would've been 'JUST a moat?'
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17721 on: July 25, 2016, 02:26:09 pm »

Generations is easier, a good place to jump in.
[Insert rant about modern games being dumbed down here]

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17722 on: July 25, 2016, 03:02:33 pm »

Round four. Still no luck even though I pumped a bunch of money into my glaive, plenty of 720 reverse noscoping and level-3 hyper combos all around. Pretty sure he actually killed me faster that time.

MH4U, again.

By the way, how does one complete all of the 6th-rank quests? I've finished all the 6th-ranks I can see and all of the low-rank Urgent quests I can see, but I'm only getting a silver check mark on the 6th-rank panel instead of a gold one like all the others. Did I miss an Advanced quest or something?
I think, with every passing MonHun horror story I read, I become that much more happy I never got past Barroth in Tri.
Didn't you formerly have a Gore Magala as your avatar?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17723 on: July 25, 2016, 04:29:20 pm »

Do not ask 'why make a lava moat', ask 'why not?'

Do not ask for why the moat's lava, its lava for thee.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17724 on: July 25, 2016, 05:59:04 pm »

Walked around for about half an hour trying to catch a Haunter in my parking lot. It disappeared without me ever finding it, and also took the nearby Meowth and Geodude with it. There's also a Parasect nearby 24/7 that I can never seem to actually locate.

Know what I did catch though?

More goddamn Eevees and Pidgeys.

Pokemon Go.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17725 on: July 25, 2016, 06:53:38 pm »

Sounds like something an actual Haunter would do.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17726 on: July 25, 2016, 07:05:11 pm »

First Pokemon I saw in Go was a Zubat which took like 5 balls.  Kept teching my throws by attacking (sometimes consecutively), plus I didn't have good aim yet.  When I finally got it, the ball sat there frozen (very common server issue) and I had to restart the app.
Now I'm level 13 and know how to aim!  ... Stupid zubats still take like 3 balls half the time, hardly worth it, I hate zubats.

Last death:  Wingsuit didn't deploy.
Before that:  Wingsuit deployed, ran into a wisp of branch and died.
Before that:  Survived wingsuit, switched to parachute to land.  Scraped a tree a few feet off the ground and died.
Before that:  Wingsuit just didn't deploy leaping off small hill.  Usually not lethal, this time was lethal.

The wingsuit mechanics almost feel like flying in a dream, since you can leap off pretty small heights with a running start.  Shame about the trees and their somewhat quirky hitboxes, but still fun.

Far Cry 4
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17727 on: July 25, 2016, 07:08:09 pm »

It means that there are people you can talk to to give you more quests, etc.
I kinda figured that, but I've been running around the towns over and over and nobody's had the little speech bubble thingy. I've finished all the rank 1-5 quests, if that helps :v

Are there any singleplayer quests in the Gathering Hall? I just realized I haven't checked there yet.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17728 on: July 25, 2016, 07:13:25 pm »

The Gathering Hall is just multiplayer.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17729 on: July 25, 2016, 08:06:16 pm »

Not true! You can solo gathering hall missions, they just have a lot of old ground to cover if you haven't done them in parallel with caravan, and slightly stronger monsters. (The monsters will be significantly stronger than equivalent caravan ones at high rank and G rank, but low ranks are ~5% stronger.) The silver checkmark is because there are a couple of missions that won't show up until you get HR 4 in the gathering hall. They are all low rank monsters with high rank stats, and are stronger than the first set of variant monsters you go up against in high rank.
Pages: 1 ... 1180 1181 [1182] 1183 1184 ... 1575