Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1171 1172 [1173] 1174 1175 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372862 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17580 on: July 05, 2016, 01:47:55 pm »

Bleeerk stupid Kappa Demon. If I had perfect control of the game, I think this would be okay. But I don't. Mnyeeeeh.

Dark Souls.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17581 on: July 05, 2016, 02:12:26 pm »

Bleeerk stupid Kappa Demon. If I had perfect control of the game, I think this would be okay. But I don't. Mnyeeeeh.

Dark Souls.
What weapon are you using, out of curiosity?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #17582 on: July 05, 2016, 03:05:55 pm »

Longsword (+5). I tried it out on someone (sorry, I forget...)'s suggestion, and I actually really like it. It's not super slow, but it hits decently and it has reasonable flexibility. It's probably not helping me that I'm playing a moderately squishy hunter build which sucks in the tight space with the dogs.

I'm using the grass crest shield as well. Free stamina, and I can still fast roll.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17583 on: July 05, 2016, 04:43:01 pm »

Protip: When first facing off against the Kappa Demon, run around them to the right and then up the stairs. That way the dogs will run up to engage you first, so you can dispatch them with relative ease. After that the actual fight is more straightforward and doesn't involve getting dogpiled.

Also the grass crest shield is pretty great. Can't block as many boss attacks as a shield with higher stability could, but the stamina regen is awesome. And it still works even if you're two-handing your weapon too, which is always nice.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17584 on: July 05, 2016, 05:49:28 pm »

IMO the grass crest shield is the best shield in the game, and there are very few reasons not to have it on every character.

Yeah, the key to the Capra Demon fight is to fuck up the dogs just as soon as you can, then Mr Capra is easy prey. You could try using fire paper or something if nothing else if you want a little bit of extra damage to kill the dogs quick.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #17585 on: July 05, 2016, 08:20:35 pm »

He has one attack that isn't blockable with a normal sized shield AFAIK, when he double hands his weapons. That's the only attack you can't shield tank with ease.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17586 on: July 05, 2016, 08:32:13 pm »

I think that the leaps can't be blocked either? Though I might be confusing it with the double-handing. After playing through Dark Souls, I can see why they nerfed shields in later games and removed almost entirely from Bloodborne. They're just so goddamn effective against anything in PvE. Both regular enemies and bosses. And then comes a dude whose attacks you can't block and wish that you spent more time practicing your dodging.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 09:04:49 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17587 on: July 05, 2016, 08:44:15 pm »

And then comes a dude whose attacks you can't attacks and wish that you spent more time practicing your dodging.
Oh hey Soul Calibur campaign where I died a LOT

Which was long before my *last* death which was...
kinda embarrassing...
Age of Empires 3, my brother and I tried the native American races for the first time, against 5 enemies with 1 ally.
I was... incredibly inebriated.  SO my economy never boomed, I was basically dead weight barely able to defend my base.
Still beat our ally Napolean, who we keep around simply because of a strange AI glitch where he picks a random map location and, every 3-5 minutes, suggests that we attack it.

But yeah.  It was Borneo, and we couldn't keep them from holding the trade route at center- Economic Victory.

I *seriously* think they cripple ally AI a lot.  We went back and kicked ass today, easily, 3-5 again, but Napoleon still barely hung on with constant resources and cavalry support.  Or maybe Napoleon is some coder-joke, I don't even know.

Age of Empires 3 with expansions
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #17588 on: July 08, 2016, 02:42:12 am »

Was trying to solve one of the Riddler's puzzles, and ended up getting ambushed by one of the Joker's traps...Was still trying to collect myself when Bane decided to show up and finish me off...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17589 on: July 08, 2016, 02:55:47 am »

I think that the leaps can't be blocked either? Though I might be confusing it with the double-handing.
The leaps can be blocked IIRC, and I know the twohanding can be blocked but only if you have a lot of stamina and are pretty much at full when he attacks.
Black lives matter.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17590 on: July 08, 2016, 05:23:56 am »

Was trying to solve one of the Riddler's puzzles, and ended up getting ambushed by one of the Joker's traps...Was still trying to collect myself when Bane decided to show up and finish me off...

Oh man, I haven't played that in ages, and this post inspired me to do so again.

And as it turns out, Ra's Al Ghul is as bullshit as I remembered. Health regen is all well and good, most things in this game has low health anyways, but was it really necessary for him to have nearly-impossible-to-hit followers? I mean, they're easy enough to dodge, but his stunlock is a death sentence.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #17591 on: July 08, 2016, 01:41:12 pm »

After more than a year of not playing it, i decided to give a new try to the Attack on Titan unity free browser game to see if it had changed and if *spoiler* dies there too.

Well ... it didn't ended well

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17592 on: July 08, 2016, 02:01:14 pm »

Charged a rifle turret head on. Went less well than I would have thought.

Caves of Qud.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17593 on: July 08, 2016, 07:43:42 pm »

Tried to sneak-attack an extremely fat guy to powerlevel a bit. That didn't quite work. He starts having a massive heart attack and flails about, smashing the Superfan out of her wheelchair. Then he bites the Architect's face off. Then he and my Brother start exchanging blows, but then he starts eating chunks of Brother, restoring his health faster than he could pummeled down. Barely got out of that one alive.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17594 on: July 08, 2016, 09:43:17 pm »

Massive heart attack... has no weakness.

In related news, I was killed by a gunship while trying to enter a specific China-esque temple for reasons known only to the great PSI.
Pages: 1 ... 1171 1172 [1173] 1174 1175 ... 1575