Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1153 1154 [1155] 1156 1157 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369143 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17310 on: May 30, 2016, 08:01:56 pm »

Shanked by a magical maid who fills the whole screen with knives.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If I remember correctly, the hitbox is located around the player's waist/hips? I think. It's just a dot, no funny hitbox shape gimmicks.

The largest bullets usually don't have hitboxes to match - they're usually a good deal smaller. The "bubble" bullets are actually completely safe right until the part where they're clear, although I wouldn't try to test this.

Remember to press X if you're in a tight spot. That'll save you. You get 3 bombs with each death, regardless of how many you had before, so don't waste them!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17311 on: May 30, 2016, 08:04:02 pm »

Also, besides getting rid of all bullets on the screen, bombs turn those bullets into points. It's a bad idea to bomb during a Spell Card though, since the bonus from surviving a Spell Card is usually much higher than the points you get from bombing. Of course, a Spell Card is when you're most likely to need a bomb, hence conflict, gameplay, etc.

Also, bombs use up your power. In Scarlet Devil, you can suck up all bonus items if you touch the top of the screen... but only if you're at full power. AFAIK, one bomb consumes one full point of power.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 08:05:58 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17312 on: May 30, 2016, 08:36:45 pm »

Oh boy lots of advice. I'll try and remember it and will probably look some stuff up. There's nothing more confusing then playing a game you don't know the rules to. It doesn't help that the menu screen is borked fifty ways from sunday on my pathetic potato screen[Although the game proper works just fine].

EDIT:

Oh, wow. This advice helps a lot. The "Move more slowly" thing is really really helpful for dodging HELLA PROJECTILES. Thanks, everybody~! Beside whoever told me about going near the top to collect ALL THE THINGS. That only helps get me killed. :P

On-topic:

The Library is kicking my ass. The boss isn't THAT bad[No worse then Hong Meirei], but the stage preceding her...

Utterly ridiculous amounts of bullets[In annoying directions and sizes]. I used more bombs here then on all the previous bosses combined. I've gone from six lives to one life before fighting the midboss here. And Patchouli is quite deadly when I have no resources whatsoever.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 12:37:56 am by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17313 on: May 31, 2016, 02:14:49 am »

I found a certain thing that the loading screens keep warning me about.

VTM:B.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17314 on: May 31, 2016, 03:10:30 am »

I was hugged to death by flaming lunatics. Tremeres really shouldn't be getting into stand-up fights like this. Especially when fire is involved.

VTM:B
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17315 on: May 31, 2016, 04:29:21 am »

I was hugged to death by flaming lunatics. Tremeres really shouldn't be getting into stand-up fights like this. Especially when fire is involved.

VTM:B

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17316 on: May 31, 2016, 09:34:58 am »

That's more a plot point.  I wandered around lost for a while and I think it was because I assumed the maze was the direction of progress.  Neat level except a bit frustrating.

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #17317 on: May 31, 2016, 10:48:54 am »

Oh boy lots of advice. I'll try and remember it and will probably look some stuff up. There's nothing more confusing then playing a game you don't know the rules to. It doesn't help that the menu screen is borked fifty ways from sunday on my pathetic potato screen[Although the game proper works just fine].

EDIT:

Oh, wow. This advice helps a lot. The "Move more slowly" thing is really really helpful for dodging HELLA PROJECTILES. Thanks, everybody~! Beside whoever told me about going near the top to collect ALL THE THINGS. That only helps get me killed. :P

On-topic:

The Library is kicking my ass. The boss isn't THAT bad[No worse then Hong Meirei], but the stage preceding her...

Utterly ridiculous amounts of bullets[In annoying directions and sizes]. I used more bombs here then on all the previous bosses combined. I've gone from six lives to one life before fighting the midboss here. And Patchouli is quite deadly when I have no resources whatsoever.

The fairies that shoot bullets in a triple spiral thing (a spiral with three arms) will despawn all bullets when defeated.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17318 on: May 31, 2016, 01:51:13 pm »

Crypt of the necrodancer
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #17319 on: May 31, 2016, 02:44:38 pm »

Crypt of the necrodancer

I see you, too, have fallen into the "save it for later" trap...

Whenever I can, I try to use the weapon that doesn't cost any resources.

You can imagine I get in tight spots sometimes as I try to adhere to this policy.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17320 on: May 31, 2016, 09:17:44 pm »

Killed by an unseen horror on D:5.

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17321 on: June 01, 2016, 02:46:44 am »

I tried Touhou again, after weeks of not practicing. It did not go well.

I still can't decipher Marisa's dialogue with Rumia.

R: "Doesn't this look like 'the saint who was crucified'?" (she's making a cross-shaped pose in her portrait)
M: "It looks like humanity finally started using the decimal system."
(misc taunts, boss fight ensues)
M: "I bet she doesn't even have ten fingers."

TH06: Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil.

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17322 on: June 01, 2016, 03:19:23 am »

Maybe the joke has something to do with the kanji for 10 looking like this '十'?

On topic, my encampment burned down so I let the bees kill me.
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #17323 on: June 01, 2016, 10:11:50 am »

You can remove scars!?

The doctor skill is one of the easier ones to increase. You just need to be awful bastard to do it...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17324 on: June 01, 2016, 11:47:20 am »

Does the doctor have any health issues? Old, maimed or sick colonists can get massive skill penalties.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the
Pages: 1 ... 1153 1154 [1155] 1156 1157 ... 1574