Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1136 1137 [1138] 1139 1140 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369337 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17055 on: May 01, 2016, 09:39:02 pm »

The stone giant beyond the white light in Darkroot Garden would have been a fairly easy fight... if he didn't have magic slowdown AoE bullshit.

To be fair, I encountered the moss-selling hollow in Undead Burg, so I knew some more status effects were going to be coming into play. I just didn't expect them to come in to play in a totally unrelated area.

Dark Souls.
[obligatory snide comment about how turtling > dodgespam]

But dodging is more fun and less expensive. Also the overweight roll makes my character look really silly and pathetic.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17056 on: May 01, 2016, 09:40:28 pm »

And your precious dodging helped you in Sen's Fortres... how?
Black lives matter.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17057 on: May 01, 2016, 09:58:29 pm »

Sen's Fortress gets worse, SB. A lot worse. And then it gets better. Protip: There's a single bonfire in the area, but it's outside and after all of the traps. And is tucked away in a manner that makes it hard to find. And is kinda pointless once you activate the shortcut.

Also dodging is very important in Sen's Fortress. How else are you supposed to not die to the blades? And the rocks? And the man-serpents? And the firebombs? And- You get the idea.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17058 on: May 01, 2016, 10:09:18 pm »

I was referring to the thin-ass platforms in the first room (again, the only one I've seen thus far). I'm certain Sen will have many other ways to fuck me over.

I mean, the Gaping Dragon was easy once I stopped turtling, surprise surprise, except when I'd mess up. Blighttown was annoying (getting assrushed by a ton of Ghouls while I'm trying to kill the Barbarian inside the tunnel, what fun) but it was manageable after a certain point. With Mildred's help, Quelaag was a simple task.

But
fucking
Sen's Fortress.
Black lives matter.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17059 on: May 01, 2016, 10:21:44 pm »

Yeah. The game is at its most fun when it doesn't have stupidly tiny platforms over death pits to worry about.

Have you tried looking at the floor? I found it way easier to avoid the blades by looking straight down, so that I could better judge exactly where they were going back and forth and react accordingly. Luring out the man-serpent with a bow also helps if you were having trouble fighting him in these conditions. Honestly having a bow is just nice in general for its ability to alert enemies and inflict poison. Ambushes are a lot less scary if you've already lured most of the enemies over to fight one on one.

Also Sen's Fortress has only a couple ways of fucking you over. It just loves to repeat them. Enjoy your multiple tiny-ass platforms with bladetraps. :v

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17060 on: May 01, 2016, 10:25:06 pm »

I did for the first set but it didn't work out too well. I ended up using the bloodstains.
And no, because true knights of Astora don't use bows. They use Broadswords and Crest Shields and the Elite Knight Set, silly. AKA my damnable sense of roleplaying prohibits me from doing so, and I can't be assed to get a bow

oh this should be a LOT OF FUN
At least I can visit Priscilla when it's over. :3
Black lives matter.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17061 on: May 01, 2016, 10:37:15 pm »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17062 on: May 01, 2016, 10:41:47 pm »

"Peaceful and kind" generally doesn't extend to rando Undead who waltz in with a doll they really shouldn't have without permission just to slice Priscy's tail off and murder her in cold blood, USEC. :P

The latter of which I will most definitely not be doing, of course.
Black lives matter.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17063 on: May 01, 2016, 11:23:24 pm »

And your precious dodging helped you in Sen's Fortres... how?

I'm not even on Sen's Fortress. I'm just kinda looking for the next thing to do. I think the next thing I'll be able to beat is the stone giant in Darkroot, but apparently that's all optional content. I think Capras Demon is the way forward plot-wise though, unless there's a hidden exit from Firelink Shrine that I haven't found yet.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17064 on: May 01, 2016, 11:26:56 pm »

Oh, my bad. I forgot you hadn't already played the game. ;-;

To answer your question, Darkroot is indeed optional (except for that big gate next to the fire) and the Capra Demon is plot progression.
Black lives matter.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17065 on: May 01, 2016, 11:47:21 pm »

About to go god mode up in this stage.

Ghouls are extremely tough against conventional weapons, have virtually no weaknesses, are fast and agile, and can quickly kill me. They attack more quickly than I can and seem to have more range than my sword. Sometimes they seem to shrug off getting kicked. There are a whole bunch of them. And they just. Keep. Coming.

I have a friendly NPC but he dies at a drop of the hat and so isn't much help. Considering how many ghouls there are and how vicious they are I don't even know if it's possible for him to survive. But I'm about ready to find a way to make myself invincible just so I can get through this section, because DAMN.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17066 on: May 01, 2016, 11:49:04 pm »

Holy stuff works, if you have any?
Black lives matter.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17067 on: May 02, 2016, 12:22:11 am »

I have exactly one holy weapon, and it requires a skill I don't have to use. I'm built around stealth and archery, not ghoul-brawling >_<
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17068 on: May 02, 2016, 12:23:20 am »

And I'm assuming you can't just stealth by them, then.
Huh. GHOUL NERF MOD GO(?)
Black lives matter.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17069 on: May 02, 2016, 12:25:39 am »

Spoiler: Could always be worse (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 1136 1137 [1138] 1139 1140 ... 1574