Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1095 1096 [1097] 1098 1099 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369249 times)

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #16440 on: February 10, 2016, 06:51:28 am »

As a chemist, i was messing around with pyrotechnics. Later, a no-brain(er?) unknown dude was dragged there, and then i poured napalm and burned him. I accidentally burned myself later. Dragged the corpse with me into the bar, mixed my pre-mixed liquid dark matter and then my chest was embedded with a (pitch?)fork.

Was it vampire-like enough?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16441 on: February 10, 2016, 02:12:07 pm »

Yeah, that sounds about right for ARK.  I've been taking a very extended hiatus until something is done about the lolspawns.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16442 on: February 10, 2016, 04:20:34 pm »

Cut myself too much, bled out immediately. Glitch with corpse-spawn caused me to leave two bodies, which one tried to vanish to fix the glitch, but instead caused the container full of all the blood I'd been collecting to vanish. Grrrr....

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #16443 on: February 10, 2016, 05:07:05 pm »

My ally was low-rated, and played as such. I'm good, but not quite good enough to hold a two-on-one against reasonably skilled players (got damned close though).

AoE II.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16444 on: February 10, 2016, 05:36:23 pm »

A base defence mission, on ironman.  It seems the RNG has decided to screw me.  Starting position is very defensible but I need to cross a road to get to the beacon that's keeping the base grounded.  Not only does the road have 0 cover and needs a full doubletime sprint to cross, there is little to no cover on the other side.  Just a few half cover walls, and even then those walls are only covering in one direction, no help against the sides, where most of the enemies are spawning from.

The fight took over an hour.  But I finally succeeded, my best ranger sacrificed their life to get the objective.   But I lost 70% of my soldiers, all of my best, and only one rookie is still ready for battle out of the entire unit.  I had to abandon the vast majority of my equipment, with only a medkit left outside of the standard kit.

Spoiler: Victory screen (click to show/hide)

The game may have said I won, but I don't think I have a snowball's chance in hell of recovering.

XCOM2
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 05:38:03 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16445 on: February 10, 2016, 08:20:23 pm »

The chainsword has three executions; a fast one, a slow one, and an "OH MY GOD HURRY UP ALREADY" execution. A rocket was incoming and I really needed some health. I got the third execution.

WH40k: Space Marine. The executions are more frustrating and unhelpful than I remember.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16446 on: February 10, 2016, 08:57:10 pm »

A base defence mission, on ironman.  It seems the RNG has decided to screw me.  Starting position is very defensible but I need to cross a road to get to the beacon that's keeping the base grounded.  Not only does the road have 0 cover and needs a full doubletime sprint to cross, there is little to no cover on the other side.  Just a few half cover walls, and even then those walls are only covering in one direction, no help against the sides, where most of the enemies are spawning from.

The fight took over an hour.  But I finally succeeded, my best ranger sacrificed their life to get the objective.   But I lost 70% of my soldiers, all of my best, and only one rookie is still ready for battle out of the entire unit.  I had to abandon the vast majority of my equipment, with only a medkit left outside of the standard kit.

Spoiler: Victory screen (click to show/hide)

The game may have said I won, but I don't think I have a snowball's chance in hell of recovering.

XCOM2

The two armies separated; and we are told that Pyrrhus said to one who was congratulating him on his victory, "If we are victorious in one more battle with the Romans, we shall be utterly ruined."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16447 on: February 11, 2016, 03:19:24 am »

I sent a stealthed ranger to the objective in the base defence.. I had hoped my snipers could shoot it, but he has to destroy it himself. Worked pretty well though. He had enough cover to come back as well.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #16448 on: February 11, 2016, 06:01:31 am »

Despite the squad fighting well against an alien retaliation force, a muton pod way off in a corner of the map devasted the civilians.  They somehow managed to go off-script and kill two civilians in one attack, which only dealt 1 damage.  Not... sure what that's about.

Anyway, there's one civilian left before mission failure and the squad isn't close to revealing the mutons.  I decide the only hope is to trigger the pack; I throw Aid Protocol on a grenadier who got Deep Cover from the AWS.  She dashes into full cover and triggers the pod, unfortunately out of sight from everyone else.  Full cover + Aid Protocol + hunkered down from Deep Cover works out to something like +90 defense and crit immunity.  Unfortunately, there was a berserker in the pod, and cover doesn't apply to melee attacks.  It runs up and slams the heavy; I couldn't tell if it was a crit (probably was) but it brings her down from full health to 4 health and knocks her unconscious.  With no xcom targets left, a muton kills the last civilian and causes mission failure.

At least we killed them in return and no squad members died, although all but 1 were wounded.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16449 on: February 11, 2016, 04:00:34 pm »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16450 on: February 11, 2016, 04:20:38 pm »

I got blasted, shot, and slashed repeatedly.

Luckily for me: "But it refused."

Spoiler: Meme Gif (click to show/hide)

Apologies for the seizure-inducing image; I just had to share my joy somewhere. 'Twas an amazing experience.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16451 on: February 11, 2016, 04:22:00 pm »

You doing Pacifist?  There's more.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16452 on: February 11, 2016, 04:29:19 pm »

I dunno, sounds like he's at the very end to me.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16453 on: February 11, 2016, 04:30:52 pm »

I dunno, sounds like he's at the very end to me.

Nope. He's at the boss fight, shit tons more after that if he wanders about. Which he should.

There's also a reason I haven't started a genocide run yet too.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16454 on: February 11, 2016, 04:32:33 pm »

Yes, wander, see everything.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 1095 1096 [1097] 1098 1099 ... 1574