Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1092 1093 [1094] 1095 1096 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369410 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #16395 on: February 05, 2016, 09:53:58 pm »

I was kinda annoyed with XCOM 1's tutorial, because it's based on being unable to make not-stupid decisions.

Also, the ENTIRE tutorial (including geoscape, research, funding, etc.) lasts a RIDICULOUS amount of time. I would have been fine with skipping it and stumbling along on my own if I'd known it was that long.
The scripted component of Xcom 2's tutorial is much more intelligent than EU's.  The forced moves aren't brilliant but they're probably better than the average LPer.  And they actually do something quite clever at the end.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #16396 on: February 05, 2016, 10:00:06 pm »

At least they kind of justified the stupid decisions, this time, what with ((I don't know that it's a spoiler, but just in case:))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Endymion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16397 on: February 05, 2016, 10:35:38 pm »

Although the pessimistic way of looking at it is....

Watching Wizard of Oz while listening to Dark Side of the Moon on shuffle.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16398 on: February 05, 2016, 11:12:56 pm »

I forgot that executions leave you vulnerable, so you pretty quickly lose the health you gain back.

Warhammer 40k: Space Marine. It's been too long.

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

stormwolf442

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16399 on: February 05, 2016, 11:17:02 pm »

I was playing Deadliest Warrior on my Xbox360 the other day, since every now and then I enjoy the arcade style battles that game provides. I selected my warrior (which was a viking) and my enemy (a spartan). The whoever wins the fight to the death two out of three times is the winner. I died the first round, and the third round, and how the match went (the best I can remember) will be told in the spoiler. While I doubt anybody here would have a problem with this, I feel like I should warn that some deaths are pretty graphic.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16400 on: February 06, 2016, 12:59:46 am »

Sneakie sneakie as I make my way through the black facility to investigate alien activities.  I slip past the patrols outside, work my way around the turrets, and even manage to dodge the mech and soldiers waiting inside the facility right next to the mission target.  At this point, I start to wonder if I might not be able to sneak through the majority, if not the entirety of the mission.  Then a Sectoid happens to open a door right in front of me.  Cue a brief beat as the two stare at each other in surprise, followed by both soldier and sectoid shouting for back-up.  Within the turn, all of the alien patrols I avoided plus the one inside the building are swarming me from all directions.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16401 on: February 06, 2016, 04:16:49 am »

Lancers.

"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16402 on: February 06, 2016, 04:42:48 am »

One of my soldiers got wrapped up and crushed to death by the new snektit enemies. It's how she would have wanted to go, probably.

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16403 on: February 06, 2016, 11:44:31 am »

Fought a bunch of raiders in the Super Duper Mart. It went pretty well, I was able to kill all of them and only use a few stimpaks.

Then there were more raiders outside. They shot me up pretty good, but it'd be alright if I found Megaton sometime soon.

Then, while I was crossing the river to loot the raiders I'd just killed, super mutants showed up. They exploded my head in short order.

Fallout 3. This game is surprisingly difficult.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16404 on: February 06, 2016, 01:50:52 pm »

Why didn't they say that Priscilla is Raven's sister? Were you just supposed to infer the unit you got two chapters ago was related to the one non-boss guy on the enemy's side with a face? Thank goodness for savestates.

Not to judge, but did you

On-topic: I had a few assumptions about the Faceless shattered. My mistakes (spoilered in case you'd rather not read about enemy mechanics, no story spoilers):

Spoiler: Enemy mechanics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Game name (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 01:53:05 pm by Thexor »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16405 on: February 06, 2016, 02:52:29 pm »

Rail tanks had some pretty nice aimbots so nobody could leave the spawn, gg ebin

I know they probably didn't have aimbots and just had a better overall team balance with a nice mix of tanks, aircraft and hovers. However, it was VERY irritating and un-fun.

Robocraft.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16406 on: February 06, 2016, 03:42:07 pm »

Everything was going swimmingly until the I-hate-you AI (that is, not "I-hate-you-Eliwood" but "I-hate-you-Tawa") sicced everybody they could on Raven, who got killed by a handaxe guy with a 23% hit chance.

Fire Emblem.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16407 on: February 06, 2016, 05:27:42 pm »

Not a death, but more of a facepalm. Spent a lot of time in the desert looking for a Mawile. Never found one. I look at the Pokedex(I battled a Fairy Tale Girl who had one earlier), and see that they moved Mawile's habitat to the deep part of Granite Cave(apparently they moved Sableye out of there Sableye is AS exclusive) that requires the Mach Bike. So I go there.

Dozens and dozens of encounters later, I've seen about 10 or so Mawiles, but all of them are male, and I wanted a female to possibly breed later. I checked, and Mawile's gender ratio is 50:50. That's a very difficult statistic to accept, and it doesn't help that Granite Cave has an annoyingly low random encounter rate.

Oh, but I did catch a shiny Zubat while I was down there, so it wasn't a total waste of time.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16408 on: February 06, 2016, 06:54:25 pm »

If you kill an enemy that has a Vengeance Launcher mine attached, the mine will explode. This happens even if you're executing them, so I received a load of landmine in the face.

WH40K Space Marine.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16409 on: February 06, 2016, 08:12:00 pm »

I don't see what the big deal is.  The fish was harder than this.  This is pretty much just a platformer at this point.   Oh look he's already sweating and wants to be spared.  One more attack should do it.   Easy, I can't believe this was so overhy-

Oh.  OHHH!  crap.  crap.  CRAP! Things got real.  WTF man WTF!!!  Why are there attacks on my menu options!?

« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 08:13:32 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 1092 1093 [1094] 1095 1096 ... 1574