Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1070 1071 [1072] 1073 1074 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370509 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #16065 on: December 25, 2015, 09:09:34 pm »

Had a good run. Blasted through hell's arena, chained court, phobos anomaly and even cleared out Hell's Armory. Got buncha goodies like Cybernetic Armor and Missile Launcher. Got nifty traits like Dodgemaster and Triggerhappy too, which went splendidly with my gatling gun and plasma rifle and ton of ammo I had for them.

After cleaning the Wall, I heal up, patch my armor a bit, then descend the stairs...

..A....
....Ø..
.A..Ø.A
.Ø.@...
.....Ø.
Ø.A..R.
.Ø.....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16066 on: December 26, 2015, 02:45:12 am »

As someone who plays the tiles version, what happened?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16067 on: December 26, 2015, 05:07:19 am »

My lands are neat, tidily ordered, and prospering. My armies gather and train. My loyal subjects rule their little pocket kingdoms with no opportunity to plot against my rule.

During this quiet time I cheat on my wife of 10 years with a fine young courtier with huge........tracts of land.

Promptly get poisoned next day.

Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16068 on: December 26, 2015, 06:02:27 am »

Traveled to the lair of a Mountain Titan, which turned out to be a horrifying monster made of salt, charged it with trepidation, and it dies instantly the second my lasher companion gets near it, before anybody else can even get a hit in.

Something similar happens with a Giant Dingo I find somewhat later, then I travel some more and reach a river. Tell the game to come off fast travel so I can swim it, leave the game to do that for a while because my computer is slow, come back to find that a random pack of dingoes somehow murdered me. With the game paused. And my godlike lasher follower right next to me. Go figure.

Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

blazing glory

« Reply #16069 on: December 26, 2015, 07:05:32 am »

Traveled to the lair of a Mountain Titan, which turned out to be a horrifying monster made of salt, charged it with trepidation, and it dies instantly the second my lasher companion gets near it, before anybody else can even get a hit in.
Mmh, salt is really terrible for armor, so fancy that.

It gets really Fun when you find one made out of iron or some metal, or just rock.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 08:04:27 am by blazing glory »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16070 on: December 26, 2015, 07:25:47 am »

As someone who plays the tiles version, what happened?

Large open room filled with exploding barrels, arachnotrons and a revenant next to them v;
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16071 on: December 26, 2015, 11:59:18 am »

I heard a beeping noise before I activated a terminal. When I exited out of the terminal after disabling some speakers, I exploded. I guess I had run through the trip wire I had been warned about.

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16072 on: December 26, 2015, 12:34:29 pm »

There REALLY should be a limit on how many Legendary cards you can have in a deck. It's kinda bullshit to have to clear Kel'Thuzad and THEN immediately deal with Deathwing.

Also, I forgot how much OH MY FUCKING GOD END YOUR TURN ALREADY there is in this game.

Hearthstone.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16073 on: December 26, 2015, 06:09:35 pm »

As it would appear, the gentlemen and gentlewomen at Monolith Soft decided to overuse a new mechanic's introduction in an already difficult fight. And I was just getting the hang of the game, too.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16074 on: December 26, 2015, 06:13:38 pm »

I just bought Dark Souls.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16075 on: December 26, 2015, 10:41:48 pm »

Learned the hard way that save-scumming through the persuasion minigame is harder than it looks. The dialogue, as well as the correct counter-arguments, change every load. I'm actually stunned about this. And a bit pissed I did not find out until probably the final one of the game.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16076 on: December 26, 2015, 10:44:38 pm »

Pritchard has that same poster in his office, you know, you could probably have found it a bit sooner than the one I think you're talking about :P
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16077 on: December 26, 2015, 10:47:58 pm »

Probably, but I didn't bother looking. If I'm any indication(not really), the last thing you want to do is snoop around some computer geek's office without a gallon jug of brain bleach on hand.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16078 on: December 27, 2015, 03:36:30 am »

Zombie yaks + first migrant wave = fun.

DF
This is a blank sig.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16079 on: December 27, 2015, 03:40:15 am »

Tried out a character who has infinite bombs.  He can kick the bombs, too, like in Bomberman!
Found myself wondering whether other characters could kick their bombs.

Can't believe I took so long to try this, it's dang fun!  I've actually died dozens of times since that one, but that was the most memorable.  Last death was, statistically speaking, probably an ice dragon.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 1070 1071 [1072] 1073 1074 ... 1575