Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1068 1069 [1070] 1071 1072 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370676 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #16035 on: December 17, 2015, 11:37:37 am »

My character had a really strong need to start trouble so I went to a random dwarven bar and told the barkeep about how much craftmanship sucks.  He responded and I punched him in the face.  The entire tavern erupted into anarchy.

I have modded races in the game.  One of them (or more specifically a certain caste of one) has a poison stinger on their tails.  It seems stinger tails still count as brawling.  Who knew?

Dwarf Dragonman Fortress
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16036 on: December 17, 2015, 06:13:18 pm »

Hi! I'm on the other side of the valley with my handy-dandy Bolt Pusher, and I've found the perfect angle to get you as you spawn! Good luck getting rid of me, because if it works once it'll work when I die and come back!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16037 on: December 17, 2015, 06:52:03 pm »

I sequence-broke a little bit in Buried Village, so some berks are right outside the gate that I have to deal with. Paying them takes ALL my money, so I tried to fight. Turns out, they're not pushovers like the thugs in the Hive.

Planescape: Torment. I've started using PS:T's slang in real-life conversation, calling people 'berks', money and jewellery 'jink' and gossip 'the chant'.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16038 on: December 17, 2015, 08:03:52 pm »

Quickly snipebombed the two Necron Monoliths on the map. This should have won the map(assuming the Monolith is the Necron HQ. Never played them), but it didn't. Instead, the Necrons rolfstomped over the Marines supposed to stop their counterattack.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #16039 on: December 17, 2015, 09:18:54 pm »

I didn't realize I had to (or was even able to) lock onto the bomb.   Kyew* me exploding the bomb with by sub-weapon, killing me.
I figured it out and beat the game on the next try though.  The feels.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 09:54:23 pm by Cthulufaic »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16040 on: December 17, 2015, 09:50:39 pm »

Cue.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16041 on: December 18, 2015, 12:37:20 pm »

missed the stairs through the cold cavern, tried to grapple to safety, only to miss them again...

Fortresscraft:Evolved
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #16042 on: December 18, 2015, 05:13:31 pm »

Fell down stairs. Slimes were waiting.
Elona+
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16043 on: December 18, 2015, 07:35:11 pm »

Then, I get a call for an alien abduction; the map is a large road with lots of vehicles as cover
Which one was it?

I can confirm that they're all a pain in the ass.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16044 on: December 18, 2015, 11:04:53 pm »

sans

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16045 on: December 19, 2015, 01:07:58 am »

you called?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16046 on: December 19, 2015, 02:55:48 am »

Ran a shipment of illegal narcotics to a planet that was under siege by two factions that I'm enemies with. The run itself was successful; they were too busy blasting each other to hell to notice me slip in, and I made a tidy profit as a result.

Unfortunately, when I launched from the planet, the positions of the combatants reset, causing the entire defender's side to spawn right next to me. My death could barely be measured in seconds as the Starborn's kinetic weapons ripped through my shields and hull almost instantly.

What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16047 on: December 19, 2015, 06:23:00 pm »

In a Sierra-esque twist, I needed a prybar to progress after I had already sold the one that I got many hours ago at the beginning of the game. Gamefaqs PSYCHIC INSIGHT told me that there was a prybar in the Tenement of Thugs, so I went to retrace my steps.

The thing is, the last room of the Tenement is a kinda-sorta stealth section; I had used a single character to activate the door and get us to the next area, but coming back the other way plops the entire party right in the middle of all the baddies I had needed to sneak by. We were immediately rekt.

Planescape: Torment.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16048 on: December 20, 2015, 01:54:19 pm »

Spent ~six turns in a firefight with a cyberdisc. This assault on a landed raider just happens to be the time I don't have any HEAT gunners/rocketeers capable of fighting. My best soldier, Infantry LT Kim, ate a plasma barrage and died, and one of the rookies went critical.

Later, when four drones and four seekers ambushed my remaining four remaining men (an engineer, a scout, a medic, and a rookie), I realized that I probably didn't have the manpower to take this one. Abort! UFOs have splashed both my satellites. This war is slipping out of my control. I'm terrible at this. :P

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16049 on: December 20, 2015, 03:12:19 pm »

Got attacked during training. Managed to kill... 9? I think. But one of them got me. Judging from the reviews this game receives, they were probably shouting "Allahu Akbar!" afterwards.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 1068 1069 [1070] 1071 1072 ... 1575