Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1064 1065 [1066] 1067 1068 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371179 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15975 on: December 11, 2015, 01:17:54 pm »

archer bugs
fucking archer bugs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15976 on: December 11, 2015, 01:58:02 pm »

Even Wufan doesn't make it easier. I was down two characters after just two turns and snare circle had JUST managed to bind them all. Went downhill from there(especially since my medic was one of the KOs)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15977 on: December 11, 2015, 02:06:58 pm »

"they're just yaks, they can't be that dangerous"
- every new DCSS player, ever

Oh no, it's not that I'm new, it's just that I had a very powerful character that was able to mow down elephants. I also just unlocked Kiku's torment so i was planning on using that to help with the fight. What I didn't expect was the yaks to walk over eachother's corpses before they died meaning I never got access to a corpse to pray on.

I managed to pull a valiant last stand though, killing at least 7 of them, but alas, when I tried to flee with a blink scroll. I chose to blink towards a corpse rather than towards safety...

then a yak walked over it.

:(

Anyway another death in the same game. I was a Draconian transmuter and I decided to transform into spider form in order to traverse a deep body of water (this is an old version, I am not giving up twisted resurrection!). The spell ran out while I was still above the water and I drowned.

It's been a while... but since people are against double posting, i'll edit instead.

So, I'm a sneaky vampire enchanter of Lugonu and I'm on the last floor of the lair. After killing the anaconda in its sleep. I teleport out of the base in order to avoid the awake magic resistant dire elephants that get spawned when it happens. Having not stolen the loot though. I decide to sneak in and start picking off the elephants one by one.

So far I managed to find one isolated Dire elephant (will be just called elephant from now on). After peppering it with cuare and poison needles. It's health is in the red. Now let me elaborate you on a mechanic in this game. You can only stack poison about 3 times before you reach its maximum potency, so now we need to get rid of the rest of its health. Either by waiting for it to work its magic or otherwise.

The elephant begins chasing me and I begin running away. What I wasn't expecting though was a pod of 7 green rats spawning in the middle of my escape route while I wasn't looking (and I know they just spawned, they were still asleep). Having no blink scrolls and being too blood-starved to use potions effectively, they block my way and the elephant tramples me.

And before you ask, yes I was in bat form.

In hindsight, my best chance would have been to equip my distortion dagger and just flail at it hoping that it get's banished to the abyss, or merely blinked away. Either one would work. Or maybe I should have used a scroll of vulnerability and cast my debilitating enchantments then. The nice thing about crawl is that there are almost always things you could have done in order to prevent your death, no matter how screwed up you may be.

Spoiler: Do I even need to? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 11:44:52 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15978 on: December 12, 2015, 01:32:11 am »

I keep dying to Ms. Jerk. I'll never finish boss rush at this rate.

I mean, she ALWAYS seems to appear right after killing the Dog Pope, so I have to avoid the dogs while always staying away from her. Then whenever you look away to avoid the dogs, she pounces you; but if you don't look away the dogs get you and you die anyway.

Then the Dog Pope who always seems to appear after killing El Million Peso Diablo. I end up having to kill all the demons while avoiding the dogs so I can use my pogostick to reach the center platform. Thankfully it's easy enough to avoid the bees it shoots at you.

Other than that, the only real issues are the Copyright Infringer - mostly due to all the sectoids - and the Juggernaut - It's hard to hit with rocket-type weapons since it flies so fast, so I end up having to stick to things like the Antigun. The others are easy enough to get rid of, though the MotherF-ing wizard is a bit hard to hit after you destroy his monster truck.

Edit: added name
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 01:45:34 am by Blaze »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #15979 on: December 12, 2015, 01:53:27 am »

Did...did you?  I can't find it anywhere.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #15980 on: December 12, 2015, 05:10:44 am »

Built a quick little car thing. Adjust the wheels, drive around, it flips a little too easy. Adjust the wheels some more, drive some more... better. Adjust the wheels one last time - almost perfect, as long as I don't go super fast or crash into a tree it won't flip.

Go for a victory lap around the base....... and it falls through the world with me on it.

They even specifically said they fixed falling through the world yesterday but obviously not  >:(

space engineers
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15981 on: December 12, 2015, 05:33:12 am »

Maybe the game is named Edit: added name
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15982 on: December 12, 2015, 09:27:10 am »

Thugs got to me.

I have no idea why people are so aggressive around the Smoldering Corpse Bar, but I have to kill almost everybody in the area any time I pass through. Makes it very, very irritating when I have to be in the area.

Planescape: Torment.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #15983 on: December 12, 2015, 09:45:26 am »

After I obtained very powerful plot-needed bomb, I thought that developers wouldn't make it 'useable' and decided to hit the 'use' button for lulz.

I was wrong.

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15984 on: December 12, 2015, 09:54:00 am »

After I obtained very powerful plot-needed bomb, I thought that developers wouldn't make it 'useable' and decided to hit the 'use' button for lulz.

I was wrong.

Yeah, iirc there are a number of things like that in the game.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #15985 on: December 12, 2015, 10:22:28 am »

I've heard the Wizardry series is difficult, so I'm just going to preemptively post here as I get started with Wizardry 8.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15986 on: December 12, 2015, 10:44:55 am »

I started in Madagascar. New Zealand closed it's shipyards and I will be cured soon.

Pandemic 2

Edit: In fact, Argentina (and Chile and Uruguay and Paraguay) also stayed pure. I quit before I could see those filthy southerners humilitate me.

And now I started in New Zealand.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 10:56:53 am by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #15987 on: December 12, 2015, 11:14:48 am »

I've heard the Wizardry series is difficult, so I'm just going to preemptively post here as I get started with Wizardry 8.

The starting zone is much harder than most of the rest of the game. Especially for... unusual party compositions.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #15988 on: December 12, 2015, 11:19:09 am »

The starting zone is much harder than most of the rest of the game. Especially for... unusual party compositions.
I'm going Human Valkyrie, Lizardman Fighter, Human Ranger, the cat race Rogue, wolf race Priest, and Elf Mage.

Also; how do you use magic?? I tried pressing a bunch of buttons and couldn't figure it out.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15989 on: December 12, 2015, 11:40:06 am »

Maybe the game is named Edit: added name
Guys, I think blaze is trolling us...

Seriously, look at this post:
I keep dying to Ms. Jerk. I'll never finish boss rush at this rate.

I mean, she ALWAYS seems to appear right after killing the Dog Pope, so I have to avoid the dogs while always staying away from her. Then whenever you look away to avoid the dogs, she pounces you; but if you don't look away the dogs get you and you die anyway.

Then the Dog Pope who always seems to appear after killing El Million Peso Diablo. I end up having to kill all the demons while avoiding the dogs so I can use my pogostick to reach the center platform. Thankfully it's easy enough to avoid the bees it shoots at you.

Other than that, the only real issues are the Copyright Infringer - mostly due to all the sectoids - and the Juggernaut - It's hard to hit with rocket-type weapons since it flies so fast, so I end up having to stick to things like the Antigun. The others are easy enough to get rid of, though the MotherF-ing wizard is a bit hard to hit after you destroy his monster truck.

Also, found the name, it's hidden in a url which is hidden in the period at the end of "Thankfully it's easy enough to avoid the bees it shoots at you."

In case you want to know what game it is, its the doom Reelism mod.

So yes, blaze was trolling, just not in the way I thought.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 1064 1065 [1066] 1067 1068 ... 1575