Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1048 1049 [1050] 1051 1052 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372664 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15735 on: October 29, 2015, 07:42:20 pm »

I actually think it looks like a ton of fun, if you're talking about Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes. If I had more friends that were in to weird local-only multiplayer games, I'd totally pick it up. But I don't, so I won't. :P
Party games are the shiz.  Too bad most people wont ordinarily touch them :( .

My Hobo survivalist ran outside, hallucinated because withdrawls, and then saw a humungulus.  I ingored it cuz *lol hallucinations* and it attacked my face.

CDDA
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 07:44:07 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #15736 on: October 29, 2015, 10:16:43 pm »

Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes works like a charm over Teamspeak/Skype etc. We had a Teamspeak server for B12 around somewhere, didn't we? Perhaps we could organise a game or two.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15737 on: October 29, 2015, 11:07:44 pm »

Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes works like a charm over Teamspeak/Skype etc. We had a Teamspeak server for B12 around somewhere, didn't we? Perhaps we could organise a game or two.
obligatory link. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=149414.0

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15738 on: October 30, 2015, 02:49:41 pm »

Sometimes you might have to travel very far in order to find something useful. I remember having to travel to a different island/continent to find useful ores. Don't give up!
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15739 on: October 30, 2015, 03:11:28 pm »

Flying a P26 (or was it 36? I don't remember) and I got into a tangle with another person flying the exact same plane. We dinged eachother a few times with our guns, but weren't able to really hurt eachother because neither of us could get on the other's ass. Then, when we got enough distance to turn and face eachother, the fates aligned just so that we clipped eachother's wings. Neither of us survived.

War Thunder.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15740 on: October 30, 2015, 03:18:30 pm »

Please tell me TFC doesn't use a tiered system such that copper is essential.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15741 on: October 30, 2015, 03:19:05 pm »

Its good enough for the Romans itys good enough for pixel men.

I cant stand the idea that zombie will spawn outside  my choosen house for the day and magicly find me.  Its hard enough with the hallucinations, the tremors, and the constant attribuite drain, although the hobo does start with a stick and rags in the shape of a bag and enough alcohol to make cocktails and a knife and more than my otherwise prefered hitchhicker or shower victim.

CDDA
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 03:21:26 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15742 on: October 30, 2015, 03:25:34 pm »

Yeesh, I'd heard Terrafirmacraft was hardcore but wow.

Flying a P26 (or was it 36? I don't remember) and I got into a tangle with another person flying the exact same plane. We dinged eachother a few times with our guns, but weren't able to really hurt eachother because neither of us could get on the other's ass. Then, when we got enough distance to turn and face eachother, the fates aligned just so that we clipped eachother's wings. Neither of us survived.

War Thunder.
That reminds me of this eerie short film about an... intense dogfight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjXr9Nj5ZbI

I tried to recover my grave in the undergrave oil sphere (aquifer?).  I went down there with a scuba helmet and plenty of air tanks, and a... gold pickaxe, for some reason.  I was expecting the grave to be on the floor of the chamber...  But somehow it was several meter above.  I need to make a platform to it in the oil, but gold pickaxes are even flimsier than I remembered.  It broke, leaving me in a little dry chamber next to oil I can't swim up.  With two sticks I could make a cobble pick and be fine, but nope.  Took off my helmet and reentered the oil.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15743 on: October 30, 2015, 03:27:53 pm »

Got thoroughly crushed by the Greed mode boss

EDIT: Took out the name in case anyone cares about spoilers
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 04:20:12 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15744 on: October 30, 2015, 04:10:37 pm »

My favourite thing in terrafirma a craft is travelling to a different island and marvelling at the different looking surroundings. It's like you're actually travelling from North America to India each day just to collect silver (analogy).
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15745 on: October 30, 2015, 10:24:52 pm »

Ran over some spike strips, and the engine was belching black smoke.  I pulled over at a garage and started doing repairs, while my partner covered me (you control both though).  Except he ran out of rifle ammo, and the pistol wasn't cutting it.  I hopped back in and drove directly into a oil tanker, hoping the explosion would somehow knock off the clingers and not us.

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15746 on: October 30, 2015, 10:27:15 pm »

Got thoroughly crushed by the Greed mode boss

EDIT: Took out the name in case anyone cares about spoilers
Oh hey, you too? I've been trying to clear it with Azael to unlock the new character, but so far I'm 0/2.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #15747 on: October 31, 2015, 03:50:08 pm »

After establishing my Terran Empire (just Humans with Dictatorship instead of Democracy (grabbed charisma, research and ground battling as extra perks)) as dominant force in southern part of the galaxy (conquered Klackons by the way), I had a very long, very bloody war with the Psilons. Every turn there was a big battle, colony siege or skirmish at some remote-and-just-recently-colonized world. Psilons managed to get mighty Alkari on their side while I forged a technological exchange with Meklar and then recruited the cat warriors Mrrshan into my alliance.

This huge interstellar war was observed by the little Gnolams who, after asborbing Darloks into their fold, where quite content with slowly colonizing barren/radiated/toxic planets and trading with pretty much everyone. In a hindsight, I should've paid more attention to the little trader guys...

So the mighty war with Psilons have lasted from 3115.x to 3134.x, thusly spanning about 90 190 or more turns, with several worlds getting bombed, captured, liberated and then re-captured, with Antarans sometimes showing up to bomb some planet on either side of the war and even a Space Dragon making a rampage in the galactic backyard, with some random star system exploding into nova because Mrrshans derped and didn't do enough research.
Psilons had bombed several of my Klackon-captured colonies into smithereens while my space marines slowly paved their way into heart of Psilon empire. After ground battle of 64 marines vs 30+tanks (hella fun to watch all that blaster fire and exploding tanks), my space marines conqured Psilon capital of Mentar II.
The war at this point turned the galaxy into a giant mess (ownership looked like four-color checkerboard) and because I was tired of it, I have asked Psilons for peace, who accepted and next turn even asked for trade/research treaties. Alkari weren't happy and kept harassing me, but after I managed to persuade Meklar to stop attacking Alkari, the winged dinos decided to drop the war thing altogether. It was peaceful... for a very brief moment.

Five turns later:

"Gnolam fleets have recently visited Orion system aka they just got all juicy stuff and huge planet to colonize" - my reaction was pretty much 'WHAT??'

Within 3 next turns all this happened:

"Gnolam fleets are attacking [name colony here]" x4 (I lost all the battles, including one when I had 18 ships and battlestation and heavily defended planet against 4 Gnolam Titans and Loknar the Orion)
"Psilon Empire surrendered to Gnolams"
"Meklar/Mrsshan/Alkari make peace/alliance with Gnolams"

Few turns later, while my borders were being overwhelmed by Gnolam forces, there was Galactic Council vote and pretty much everyone still alive (Alkari, Meklar and single-planet-dwelling-Mrrshan) voted for Gnolams and I just voted for them as well because I didn't really see how I was wage, not to mention, win, a rebellion against soon-to-be-formed Galactic Gnolam Republic.

And so, in the end, several badass empires were utterly curbstomped and out-diplomacized by Space Jews with Fancy Ships.

~FIN~

EDIT: Turns out the war lasted longed than I thought, lol.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 04:11:40 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15748 on: October 31, 2015, 04:02:19 pm »

While the cats are away the mice will play . . . in the cats food.  All 4x games are economy simulations first, and logistics 2nd.

I've gotten the hang of CDDA living with the craphouse that is wandering spawns.

-I first tried to do what I usually do, esp in classic zoms; tank the crtters.  Did not work.

-I then tried to shack up in a house in the city more out of actually beng in the city when the sun came up than anything else.  This went okay, with zoms spawning and randomly wrecking shit outside.  A hulk appaearantly splawned and pulverized most of the surrounding houses.  He then smashed a zombie master through a wall to the bathroom I had taken residence in.  The zombie master turns around and looks at me slowly and I'm pretty sure it was a bad day after.

-I then tried to live in my car.  This went well until I ended in a field.  I was reading, and hallucinating, and all was fun.  I was cooking food and I saw a tank approaching.  Okay.  Ill finish my food and go, jtbs.  Nope, he caught me with my keys in the ignition and that was that.   I was pasted over the windshield.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15749 on: November 01, 2015, 10:29:44 am »

Was playing an almost perfectly elegant game(damn Chen and her screenshake effect)... right up until I hit the Prismsilver sisters.

Ouch. I don't think I've ever died that many times in a row before.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 1048 1049 [1050] 1051 1052 ... 1575