Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1045 1046 [1047] 1048 1049 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372578 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15690 on: October 23, 2015, 11:02:55 am »

I found that hacking is a far more reliable way to negate the enemy's dodge chance, completely shutting the system (and any autopilot it might have) down for a time. Plus it locks the door to the helm, so if you can set it on fire or cause a breach you might be able to kill off the enemy pilot at the same time.
Mmmh, but I was using the defense drone almost every fight.  My drone parts wouldn't have lasted long with a hack.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15691 on: October 23, 2015, 06:42:45 pm »

Got dragged underwater by a mutant zombie alligator. While my partner just stared at it. Which might have been an improvement over her firing at distant mutant zombie Bantus with a handgun from a moving speedboat with limited ammo stocks.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15692 on: October 23, 2015, 10:22:29 pm »

When the Steam Halloween sale rolls around and I pick up RE5, we should play together so that both of our experiences suck less.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #15693 on: October 24, 2015, 02:35:53 am »

The final boss of the Genocide route. Just.. what the hell. Calling it a "bad time" is an understatement.

Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15694 on: October 24, 2015, 05:36:37 pm »

Did you feel your sins crawling on your back?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15695 on: October 24, 2015, 06:38:13 pm »

Ran into a fucking Ice Fiend in an Ice Cave off of Snake 2. Not even my +6 flail of holy wrath and RC++ could bail me out of that one as he basically three shot me from full health.

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #15696 on: October 24, 2015, 08:32:58 pm »

Haven't played in a while. The controls felt unfamiliar to me.

Of course, I chose Acrid on Monsoon difficulty with Honor and Origin artifacts on, so only elite tough as enemy mooks spawn with regular invasions of more tough elite enemy mooks, as a melee based character on the hardest difficulty. And for the first boss I got the overloading magma worm.

What's that spell? Death.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15697 on: October 25, 2015, 05:32:38 am »

Got steamrolled by Santiago and her ridiculously massive army. Seriously, how does she even have needlejets already?!

Alpha centauri.
She probably had the tech shared with her by Zakharov. The only faction that seems to try and get tech from them more is the Believers.

Not possible, ol' Zaky didn't have that kinda tech.

Still, managed to get a foothold on the continent again after she kicked down my last beachhead, and now I've been able to take half her bases in the north before finally saying yes to her pleas for peace.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15698 on: October 25, 2015, 11:34:21 am »

Do you know how it happened?  Was their an enemy that did that or was it just a random event?

It was random while fighting swines, not even a room battle. Dismas and Reynault missed their attacks, then the two hookswines in the front both scored crit and one of the back one killed her with vomit. Then it was the vestal's turn.
So long, usual suspects.

Ive noticed a propensity for the ai to occassionally gang up on people in the new build, and hookswines always have had high crit rates and lower health.

Ive also noticed less loot and somewhat less crits, but.

imo stress dealers might be annoying, but  reliable damage dealers are priority targets.  one thing tge game. did do is make dots more effective

pedit:  why are you fighting swine in the crypt?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 11:36:48 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15699 on: October 25, 2015, 06:22:08 pm »

Rouge's stage inside the GUN base. You have five minutes to get the Chaos Emeralds. The average time it takes me to beat a Knuckles/Rouge level is 15-20 minutes of aimlessly flying around. And this level is full of really fast-moving, hard-to-see laser traps. And every time you game over or restart the level, you lose the emeralds and they move to new positions, so you can't even memorize where they are.

Omochao's hints are useless, as always.

Sonic Adventure 2.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15700 on: October 25, 2015, 06:49:02 pm »

Player ghosts are a lot less threatening when you have Control Undead....right up to the point when they resist three times in a row and murder you mercilessly.

DC:SS
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15701 on: October 25, 2015, 07:31:57 pm »

Stupid quick-time-events. Stupid having to rapidly press a button to avoid sudden death, then it switching to a different button without any noticeable indicator, resulting in sudden death.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15702 on: October 25, 2015, 07:51:23 pm »

Player ghosts are a lot less threatening when you have Control Undead....right up to the point when they resist three times in a row and murder you mercilessly.

DC:SS
Never knew that you could do that. Do mage ghosts cast spells on enemies?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15703 on: October 25, 2015, 07:52:17 pm »

Stupid quick-time-events. Stupid having to rapidly press a button to avoid sudden death, then it switching to a different button without any noticeable indicator, resulting in sudden death.

https://youtu.be/h6jEN978uTE?t=325 (NSFW but 2bestfriends)

Uh... There was a blood moon.  I went outside like a lemon.  I died.  Like... like a lemon.

Minecraft Techniq with Millenaire.  Apparently in this Millenaire build the villages don't despawn enemies.

Also I truly don't know if blood moons are in vanilla because who the hell plays that anymore besides my gradeschool cousins.

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15704 on: October 25, 2015, 09:38:09 pm »

Rouge's driving level where you chase the Tornado. It doesn't feel anything like an actual driving game, so it's kind of hard to tell what works and what doesn't as far as maintaining velocity. I game over'd, running out of time mere inches from the checkpoint that gives you extra time.

Sonic Adventure 2.
Pages: 1 ... 1045 1046 [1047] 1048 1049 ... 1575