Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1021 1022 [1023] 1024 1025 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372468 times)

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15330 on: September 04, 2015, 03:52:10 am »

Various causes of death in Batman: Arkham Knight:
Batman decided that I wanted him to aim with his hacking device instead of dodging the katana that came at him.
Batman aimed at the guy with a stun stick out of the three possible enemies in the direction I pressed.
Stun attack somehow managed to hit two guys on each side of a.. erm... brute, are they called? but not the brute itself, who smashed Batman.
Trying to hack a gate from under the floor so I can call in the Batmobile against a heavy turret. Possible outcomes: Right click instead of aiming, makes Batman try a stealth takedown in front of said turret and 8 heavily armed guys. Other outcome: I right click BEFORE I get close, then try to left click to hack. Batman starts a fear multi-takedown. I already have the device AIMED, why can't I fire that instead of doing a takedown?

Of course, this usually requires one to have low hp at a time, but little things add up. Generally a fun game though. The Batmobile might be an enforced thing, but I think another Arkham game where you only beat people up would be awfully boring because of the repetition.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15331 on: September 04, 2015, 07:40:58 am »

...Is it hard to stay on the Scarab?
I don't remember it being hard. Maybe if you are trying to get a vehicle to stay on it. Otherwise physics are just as normal as they normally are. You don't even really need to shoot the legs. If you aren't concerned about loosing your hornet, you can just jump out of it while above the scarab.
You want a difficult way to take out a scarab? Mongooses. I think you can use them on each level a scarab apppears. For sure on the Ark and The Storm. On the Storm it is easy, you just have to wait for the scarab to appear right in front of that huge crane. On the Ark, there is a very specific jump you have to make on one of those hills. Only ever done it once.
Goddamn beautiful. :'3
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15332 on: September 04, 2015, 09:39:23 am »

My 700 day "doing quite well" Swadia save of Mount and Blade: Warband corrupted, with no backups besides one that was itself corrupted due to realistic mode.

Aaaragh.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15333 on: September 04, 2015, 10:47:52 am »

An expert bot got an awp, and showed off his superior robot aim.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15334 on: September 04, 2015, 06:39:05 pm »

Traded bursts with an insurgent on the back of a technical. Killed him. Found another insurgent, killed him. An explosion a second later vaporizes me. I get stuck with a 6000 second respawn time.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #15335 on: September 04, 2015, 06:46:41 pm »

Fuck your casual bullshit, in real life it takes three days to respawn.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15336 on: September 04, 2015, 06:48:55 pm »

If something has "reality" or "realism" in its name that generally means it's boring, grindy, pointlessly complicated or any combination of those, in my experience.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15337 on: September 04, 2015, 08:10:11 pm »

Got my first ever tank-kill. Felt great, was cheering. A rocket was fired. These are my exact words:
WOO! YEEAAAAH-OHFUUUUUCK-
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 08:31:55 pm by KingofstarrySkies »
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #15338 on: September 04, 2015, 08:16:18 pm »

Game?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15339 on: September 04, 2015, 08:32:05 pm »

Fixed.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #15340 on: September 05, 2015, 04:00:39 pm »

It was a hard fight in the Ion Storm. My ship had 3 Heavy Lasers ready to spit death, but the Rock Ship had a Flak gun, an Artemis Missile and a Heavy Ion. Evidently, the Rock Ship also had an ace pilot, as they dodged several salvos while I struggled to do the same. It was a near run thing, with my own ship down to its last hitpoint, but the Rock ship hailed us and offered to surrender, offering desperately needed fuel and just enough scrap to buy my third layer of shields. There's plenty of sector left to explore for the shop...

...except I hadn't realized I had jumped into a dead end. The only way forward was back through 2 systems wholly controlled by the Rebel fleet. Needless to say, my next fight was much shorter.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15341 on: September 05, 2015, 05:09:46 pm »

♫Ion Storms~!♫
♫They ruin literally everything~!♫

Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15342 on: September 06, 2015, 12:07:57 am »

My fingers froze when I was thinking.  I will eventually clear this hardest level of play.

Crypt of the necrodancer.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15343 on: September 06, 2015, 12:48:03 am »

Not quite a death for me, but I figure it still counts.

My colony got a brand spanking new warg from an exotic goods trader.   His name is Camis.  He is a good doggy.  He protects my best hunter Casey from violent rabbits and squirrels.  He is the colony mascot.

And then one of the other hunters piss off an entire herd of muffalo.  Camis and Casey as well as the medic respond to the scene and provide backup for the hunter fleeing for his life.  Camis is released and leaps into action against the woolly beasts and....

Immediately gets shot in the back of the head by Casey.  Brain shot.  Dead. GG.

-----------
And now a bonus fail that isn't a death!

I got a new prosthetic leg from a trader.   The head cook lost a leg to a tribal raid a while back, and the combination of peg leg and bad back is not doing him any favors.  I order the medic to upgrade the peg leg to a simple prosthetic leg.  lv 11 medicine, that should be a fairly simple procedure for her.  And my only better medic is the cook himself.

Needless to say she fouls it up terribly, despite the sterile room and vitals console.   She apparently managed to cut open his torso and stab him in the heart and spine while installing the new leg.   To make things worse the piece of wood that originally made up his peg leg is now nowhere to be found.   I'm guessing she managed to lose it inside his chest cavity while installing his new leg... somehow. 

Fortunately he managed to live after I forced her to fix him.  She poorly bandaged all of the damage, and then went to go have a beer.

Both are Rimworld.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15344 on: September 06, 2015, 12:57:28 am »

'how did you even get this job'
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
Pages: 1 ... 1021 1022 [1023] 1024 1025 ... 1575