Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 989 990 [991] 992 993 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370551 times)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14850 on: June 14, 2015, 09:39:53 pm »

Finally got enemy within for xcom, load it up decide to pick impossible/ironman because I feel cocky after completely dominating classic/ironman when I played the original game.

Skip the basic tutorial, run the meld tutorial..... not only did I not get the meld, but my soldiers all got wiped out without killing any aliens at all.

X-com project was terminated, effective immediately.

At least I can take comfort in the fact that I got the canon end I suppose :|

Edit: apparently it was not a tutorial after all since picking impossible disables the tutorials so I feel marginally less bad about that.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 12:28:00 am by BurnedToast »
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14851 on: June 14, 2015, 10:27:27 pm »

I was sailing to Polythreme to find the origin of an insane bodysnatching serial killer, and being the impatient master zailor that I am, decided to rush at full throttle with no regards for how dangerous the waters I'm approaching are. It initially went very well, because reckless risk-taking is my forte, and I even nabbed an extra plated seal in an exceedingly dangerous area because who doesn't like spiny terrorseals? We were close to the Sea of Voices (which is a checkpoint towards my destination) when I had a run of bad luck and managed to have a deck full of game-over cards. I chose the least punishing one and got reset back to 5 progress and no Troubled Waters.

I didn't die, but if this was Sunless Sea I likely would be.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14852 on: June 15, 2015, 02:23:57 am »

Running through Undead Burgh a few times, trying to find out what all the "Illusory wall" messages were about. In the Undead Burgh there's a bridge over a bottomless pit, with enemies on the other side and also some enemies above and to the left. Now, there's a gap in the railing to the left. So, when I hit the auto-target button to target the enemies across the bridge, I ended up targeting the above-and-left enemies rather than the ones across the bridge, threading the needle right through the gap in the railing and falling to my death.

Dark Souls.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14853 on: June 15, 2015, 09:48:12 am »

Gunned down in the trenches at Chemin des Dames, during Second Aisne. 

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14854 on: June 15, 2015, 10:55:40 am »

Tried to battle a hulk, by leading it across a minefield. It took 6 landmines, and still threw me across a street to my death.

Guys, Binding of Isaac is really hard.

The first boss I meet keeps killing me.
Oh, you poor soul. You have no idea what's in store.
* Sirus offers a comforting pat
*SNERK*

Honestly, it's a game I really regret buying. Granted, I only paid <$3 for it, but still.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14855 on: June 15, 2015, 11:02:09 am »

Tried to play Dragon Ball Xenoverse online with BlitzDungeoneer.
It was mildly unsuccessful due to lag, and he beat me three or four times.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 11:14:36 am by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14856 on: June 15, 2015, 11:12:37 am »

Oh, I entirely forgot another death.  Killed an ordinary zombie at the start of the second day (first one properly foraging), picked up a go bag off of it.  Did a little dance with glee, then went to a grocery store.  Got blocked off in the front by tough zombies and acidic zombies that I was in no condition to fight either in terms of health or encumbrance, went out the back door with the aid of a makeshift crowbar (frenetically shoveling stuff off the shelves into a makeshift sling as I went), and walked right into a skeletal dog.  While wearing the go bag.  And the makeshift sling.  Yep.

Actually, I think this was my first proper dog death in a while...

« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 11:15:20 am by Culise »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14857 on: June 15, 2015, 12:00:06 pm »

My laptop broked :'(

RL: The Game
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14858 on: June 15, 2015, 01:18:25 pm »

Guys, Binding of Isaac is really hard.

The first boss I meet keeps killing me.
Oh, you poor soul. You have no idea what's in store.
* Sirus offers a comforting pat
*SNERK*

Honestly, it's a game I really regret buying. Granted, I only paid <$3 for it, but still.
I regret buying it too.  I like the gameplay mostly but I get grossed out really easily and BoI's world consists almost entirely of tumors, blood, vomit and poop.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14859 on: June 15, 2015, 01:38:33 pm »

I regret buying it too.  I like the gameplay mostly but I get grossed out really easily and BoI's world consists almost entirely of tumors, blood, vomit and poop.
Smells like Dwarf Fortress. Well, except for the poop.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #14860 on: June 15, 2015, 03:40:08 pm »

Poop is implied in DF, what with the sewers
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14861 on: June 15, 2015, 03:40:57 pm »

In Zig:21 I lost my lategame mage to smiting and hellfire.  One hit from a hellfire attack took out half my health.

My main spells were shatter, firestorm, and tornado.  I believe what happened was tornado/shatter took out all the demons close, while firestorm took out all the non-fire resistant demons that were at a distance.  The fire resistant guys at a range then killed me with unobstructed hellfire.  My take away is that had I chosen to train ice magic and learn glaciate, I would probably have survived.  Oh well, this isn't my normal style of play and I learned a lot.

5 runes (all the non-extended-lategame ones except abyssal), but it was basically a 6 rune victory.  My original plan was to go for a 6 rune since all I've gotten in the past is a 3 rune, but I eventually moved the goal post to clearing a zig and doing a 15 rune run because this character was so powerful.  Ascending with 6 runes would have felt like an anticlimax.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14862 on: June 15, 2015, 04:31:08 pm »

My laptop broked :'(

RL: The Game

The only game we can't win. I've come upon this roadblock as well.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14863 on: June 15, 2015, 05:05:33 pm »

" Hey, [Lukewarm], did you remember to print those pages for the report? "

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14864 on: June 15, 2015, 05:23:27 pm »

Tried the Nether. Got blown up by some hell-creeper, then killed about 6 times in a row by hellfish. Which are like sliverfish but they set you on fire and hide in netherack.
My best pickaxe, my most recent set of armor, and the "nether exploration rapier" were all lost for good. Fortunately, everything else that I lost was only a gold nugget, some food, and some torches. Still, six lives, bringing me from ~40 hard earned lives to 34 remaining.

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 989 990 [991] 992 993 ... 1575