Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 964 965 [966] 967 968 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369039 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14475 on: May 06, 2015, 02:59:00 am »

Duriel. I forgot that he did frost damage, so I passed up or sold all the thawing potions I came across :-[ I actually managed to get him down to half health by rezzing my merc and town portalling whenever I got hurt too bad, but he caught me and killed me eventually.

Diablo 2 again.

Oh god, fucking Duriel. That fight is such a pain in the ass if you're a ranged character.

I don't usually bother with the thaw potions because I don't think they give you a timed immunity. You get unthawed only to get frozen again soon after. My method usually involves using firewalk as a sorcerer. Also static
Stacking gear with cold res helps. This is assuming you're on first playthrough where you can use whatever gear you find. Nightmare and hell you'll probably want to use gems or runewords.

I thought I had read somewhere that thawing potions give you stacking cold res for a short time, and chugging three or four would give you enough time to kill Duriel without getting murdered. I guess I'll either have to grind thawing potions, or savescum until the stores have enough stuff with cold res.

I'm not looking forward to getting back to Duriel. Tal Rasha's Tomb kicked my ass pretty hard, I'm lucky that I only died once along the way.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14476 on: May 06, 2015, 03:27:03 am »

Duriel. I forgot that he did frost damage, so I passed up or sold all the thawing potions I came across :-[ I actually managed to get him down to half health by rezzing my merc and town portalling whenever I got hurt too bad, but he caught me and killed me eventually.

Diablo 2 again.

Oh god, fucking Duriel. That fight is such a pain in the ass if you're a ranged character.

I don't usually bother with the thaw potions because I don't think they give you a timed immunity. You get unthawed only to get frozen again soon after. My method usually involves using firewalk as a sorcerer. Also static
Stacking gear with cold res helps. This is assuming you're on first playthrough where you can use whatever gear you find. Nightmare and hell you'll probably want to use gems or runewords.

I thought I had read somewhere that thawing potions give you stacking cold res for a short time, and chugging three or four would give you enough time to kill Duriel without getting murdered. I guess I'll either have to grind thawing potions, or savescum until the stores have enough stuff with cold res.

I'm not looking forward to getting back to Duriel. Tal Rasha's Tomb kicked my ass pretty hard, I'm lucky that I only died once along the way.

::Looks up details:: "Thawing Potion - Instantly thaws out a frozen character and gives +50 to cold resistance and +10 to maximum resistance for 30 seconds".

Well, what do you know. I never knew that they, antidotes as well, actually give increased resistances and + to maximum resistance.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14477 on: May 06, 2015, 07:44:55 am »

In a random cave on the shores of Lake Hylia, I was flamethrowered by a Dodongo, while at 3/4 a heart, while wearing the Zora armor(which grants water breathing but multiplies fire and ice damage received by 2.5x).

Actually, I had a fairy in a bottle, but I wasn't going to waste that.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14478 on: May 06, 2015, 12:05:51 pm »

King of the world, Society was one of the biggest cells around, just chilling eating the littler guys.  Then society's pet cat jumped into society's lap.

Society was fine with this, society likes it's cat.  But after a few minutes of only minimal petting the cat got curious about why society's mouse was getting pet more than the it. It decided to investigate by standing on the keyboard.

Society split 4 times (once into a virus) before the cat was removed from the keyboard, causing society to be gobbled up by a random Doge.

agar.io
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14479 on: May 06, 2015, 12:35:41 pm »

That sounds like my kind of game.

shroobot3000

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastinator Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #14480 on: May 06, 2015, 01:18:24 pm »

Was faffing around the edge of the map, looking for arties by the enemy spawn. I of course get shot at and drift by a river and barely don't end up swimming... at which point the game says " noooo you want to swim over here!".

This is only the beginning. We will prepare, we will grow stronger. When the time is right, we will emerge and take our rightful place as the supreme power of the universe!
To be honest, the kids can barely survive step 1 of Project Traumatise-Children, let alone the "Skinny dipping in magma" Phase of the plan.

We need to perfect the main part of the childcare program before we start going all crazy.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14481 on: May 07, 2015, 05:40:18 pm »

Quote from: The Holy Sanguine Emperor
Hah! I have dethroned the Pope and established the one true Papacy! Catholic heretics. The Fraticelli faith is obviously superior to their petty faith.
Quote from: The Pope-in-exile
*from Vatican Hill* HEY GUYS HE DETHRONED ME LETS GO KICK HIS BUTTOCKS!
Quote from: The Holy Sanguine Emperor
I will not die by swords, nor old age! I choose illness!

So yeah.

Essentially, I died because, after 17 years of a productive conquest of Germany and the Papacy... I died. Of illness. While my wife was pretty much about to give birth to an heir. So some baron child became emperor.

:(

Spoiler: gaem (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 05:47:41 pm by Iceblaster »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14482 on: May 07, 2015, 05:51:42 pm »

Get
REKT
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14483 on: May 08, 2015, 09:49:23 am »

I had found a slightly stocked cabin to spend the night, but there wasn't near enough food for it to be a place to last.  Still didn't have much warm clothing, so cold was a concern.  Set off walking, only for a wolf to see me.  I fought it off, but I was hurt pretty badly, and already cold.  Tried to get to a bit of shelter to start a fire... but I froze looking for firewood.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14484 on: May 08, 2015, 09:52:45 am »

Playing a Mann Vs Machine match with Iceblaster, I found an Eyelander after dying. I decided to try it out immediately, and ended up sucking so bad that I was only able to kill a few robots every round.

Team Fortress 2

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14485 on: May 08, 2015, 11:34:03 am »

Had a perfectly good run as Eve ruined by sheer dumb luck. I had a poisonous Brimstone (green lasers ftw), Dark Bum, Bob's Explosive Brain, Crack the Sky, plenty of soul hearts with a single red heart as backup in order to keep Whore of Babylon active full-time, and miscellaneous other goodies. I could one-shot most any enemy and even bosses fell quickly.

And then I stepped into a room that had 6 dots on the floor, arranged like the face of a die. When that happened, my entire loadout changed. The deathlaser was replaced by shielded bouncing tears that I believe were supposed to pierce (but bounced instead), and the Dark Bum vanished in favor of four familiars, only one of which had a ranged attack. Crack the Sky was replaced by the Dead Sea Scrolls (only half-charge, so useless against Mom). My attack bird was gone, Whore of Babylon was gone, and when I died I came back to life as ??? despite not having it unlocked! Argh! I really thought I could win this one!

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14486 on: May 09, 2015, 09:07:58 am »

Welcome to the REROLLINATOR, bane of all good BoI runs.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

bertix

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity is over-rated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14487 on: May 09, 2015, 11:53:50 am »

All was going well until me an my party reached the docks, sure we weren't the first to get there but we were in the top 50 for sure, trying to find the thaumetic sulphite was proving to be an anoying job but my flameblasts were dealing with the dockhand wraiths more than fine, suddenly I start receiving damage really fast, so I instinctively run away only to be greeted by the source of that damage, a rogue exile, who laid another lightning trap right under my feet and whit that, I was gone, dead, and out of the 1 month race.

Set phasers to tsun.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #14488 on: May 09, 2015, 12:37:11 pm »

Perched on a ledge over a massive drop when a winged thing fried me with arcs of electric.

6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

shroobot3000

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastinator Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #14489 on: May 09, 2015, 12:59:28 pm »

(Not technically a death but way too damn close, plus my units died a fair bit) Defending Rostov against the Bolsheviks thinking its gonna be easy (conscript difficulty since its the first mission I played), oh how wrong I was. KV-1s and T-34s attacking in seemingly endless numbers while I only had some (panzer)grenadiers, stug Es and a Panzer IV (F1 so zero AT skills) command tank ( I could build regular ones but see below). Needless to say we barely could hold 2 of 3 points and I never had enough manpower or munitions to keep up production wise, thusly my troops were desperately grabbing the 2 AT guns I made while being shot at like dorfs in a goblin siege. Thank god for the AT stuka and 1 point never being attacked oddly enough.

This is only the beginning. We will prepare, we will grow stronger. When the time is right, we will emerge and take our rightful place as the supreme power of the universe!
To be honest, the kids can barely survive step 1 of Project Traumatise-Children, let alone the "Skinny dipping in magma" Phase of the plan.

We need to perfect the main part of the childcare program before we start going all crazy.
Pages: 1 ... 964 965 [966] 967 968 ... 1574