Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 912 913 [914] 915 916 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371155 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13695 on: January 11, 2015, 01:05:51 am »

I'm fuzzy on what content was always in the game and what was added by the Restored Content mod, but I'm pretty sure there originally wasn't two HK-50 fights, one after the other, right as you're about to leave Nar Shadaa for the last time. Especially since they give you doubles of plot items that you already received much earlier and have no use for more of, specifically the HK Chassis and Control Cluster.

Anyways, despite having Force Deflect and a lightsaber and using the Form that's good versus multiple blaster-wielding opponents and a high-level energy shield, Exile receives a whopping 70+ damage in one turn from the three HK-50s and dies a few turns later.

If this is actually cut content, I can see why it was cut; two difficult boss fights right after the supposed climax of the Nar Shadaa section is way over the top.

KOTOR2 + Restored Content of course.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #13696 on: January 11, 2015, 03:17:04 am »

Something barely misses you.
This raw flesh tastes terrible. Something hits you!
* * * LOW HITPOINT WARNING * * *
Something hits you!
You continue eating.
Something hits you.
Something hits you.
You die...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13697 on: January 11, 2015, 12:25:31 pm »

'Mmm, raw flesh. What's that horrible pain in my back? Better keep eating! DIE, RAW MEAT! TASTE THE WRATH OF MY MOU-oh okay i'm dead now'
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13698 on: January 11, 2015, 12:44:34 pm »

Got ganged up on by robbers. I thought there was only one, but he called for his buddies. I had left my spear in my camp, so I was fighting with a club. Eventually took a knife to the abdomen, and blacked out. And the game auto-saved at that point, so I deleted the save.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13699 on: January 11, 2015, 12:51:19 pm »

I figured my boat wouldn't really need brakes, 'cause the ocean's a big place. It's not like it's filled with stuff to hit.

Then I ramped off a beach at 195 MPH, submarined upon landing, and everyone died.

Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #13700 on: January 11, 2015, 03:45:10 pm »

Then I ramped off a beach at 195 MPH, submarined upon landing, and everyone died.
So, another successful day of science in Kerbal-land then?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13701 on: January 11, 2015, 08:44:38 pm »

Party death:
We were ransacking the house of the world's last drow, a lich trapped in the underdark.  We had accidentally reincarnated Lollth by summoning a spider swarm in a vile area of swarm mind, by accident.  Lollth asked us to trick the (evil but friendly) lich (terrified of spiders) into entering her temple, so we did.  The doors slammed with a peal of laughter.

So of course we went back to his house and started looting it.  As a lich trapped in the underdark for over a thousand years with a paranoia of spiders, he had placed wards all over the place.  We sidestepped most of them by summoning a lion from a bag of tricks to smash open his drawers.  Unfortunately, one of the wards filled the room with poisonous smoke.

As the party barbarian sampled ancient wines in the basement, I (a holy divine spellcaster) and the wizard (a spider) ran out of the house... and into over a thousand years worth of anti-spider wards...  Oh, and the wizard had polymorphed into a spider to "spite that stupid lich".  So yeah, he died.

Said wizard was a bit addicted to polymorph.  He was naturally a human, but had reincarnated as a half-orc child due to a "cursed" reincarnation spell.  But what he really liked was to be a lizardman.  Our campaign doesn't have lizardpeople.  But it does have a lamia now.  Apparently in 3.5e that means a really freaky not-centaur, instead of a snake person, because our wizard is anything but "noble".

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #13702 on: January 11, 2015, 09:29:10 pm »

Asshole party to the max.  Sounds about right for D&D.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13703 on: January 12, 2015, 01:36:10 am »

Sounds like an intresting campaign. Makes me wish for our gaming group's return to the good old characters, they're NPCs now since OP.

Cowboy Colt

• Bay Watcher
  • You're gonna carry that weight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13704 on: January 12, 2015, 04:00:40 am »

Attempting to down strike a Zomboner repeatedly in the Darkness.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13705 on: January 12, 2015, 08:29:00 am »

Super Glued my fingers together (only a bit).

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13706 on: January 12, 2015, 08:30:43 am »

My childhood pasttime.  No kidding
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #13707 on: January 12, 2015, 10:56:43 am »

Hah. I'm glad I only burned myself with molten plastic.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13708 on: January 12, 2015, 11:24:47 am »

Ugh, I still can't get the hang of playing as the CIS in "Sins of a Galactic Empire" on hard vs the Republic.

I'm sure the strength of the CIS are in their fighter numbers, economy and early abilities such as the discord missiles. So I expand early, build up Lucrehulks and Providence ships coupled with Recusant for support and their suicide ability. However, when compared to the Republic ships, I really lack the firepower in ship-to-ship combat plus none of my ships have fleet support abilities other than the Lucrehulk DCS with a randomly applied buff.

I need to strike quickly, but that leaves me exposed to pirates and small attack forces because I need every ship I can build to counter the enemy. If I turtle I end up facing a Republic force that is far too powerful combined to defeat with even a maxed out fleet capacity.

More ships requires more resources and more resources requires faster expansion but I can't build a fleet fast enough to expand that quickly. Lucrehulks are tanky hangers that are really expensive, Providences are glass cannons and the Bulwark doesn't have hangers and lacks the firepower.

"Sins of a Solar Empire: Sins of a Galactic Empire mod".
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13709 on: January 12, 2015, 11:28:22 am »

Well...

I'd suggest going for overwhelming 10-1 odds :P

That's how it usually goes with the CIS anyway. Or just overwhelming fighter support. If anything, if there are any anti-fighter ships, their guns are focusing on the fighters and not you.
Pages: 1 ... 912 913 [914] 915 916 ... 1575