Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 885 886 [887] 888 889 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372902 times)

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13290 on: November 16, 2014, 01:08:57 am »

I stepped out of my Humvee to quick-snatch an ID card from a dead military fireteam.

The wolves had other plans.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ended up in a museum with only one entrance and a large group of zombies clawing at the door, as well as a Mi-go constantly spouting nonsense at them. I set fire to the doors, so that when the zombies broke through they would have to cross through the fire to get to me. It worked, and most of the zombies where rather heavily injured. I fired on them with my rifle, but ran out of ammo and was forced to start luring them over furniture and smack them while they clumsily tried to climb over. I got some injuries in the process, and retreated into a back room to heal up with a medkit. Unfortunately, in this time, the fire I had started at the doorways had engulfed most of the museum, burning me to death.
That's kinda why it's a bad idea to set fire to the front doors in a building with only that one entrance.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13291 on: November 16, 2014, 01:19:27 am »

WIZZROBES
-snip-
Oh ho ho. Level 6, methinks? Good luck. I'm still stuck there on my 3DS Virtual Console and haven't gotten past it in years.

I actually beat level 6 and had to go back because I forgot the Wand... which turned out to be a completely forgettable weapon oddly enough. I went slightly out-of-order though, so now I'm stuck on level 5 after beating 6.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Professor Lemur

• Bay Watcher
  • Not as cool as your glasses, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13292 on: November 16, 2014, 10:16:43 am »

I turned into the punching bag of 13 other AI. Half an hour later, I resorted to using tunnel networks to spring guerrilla bases, only to lose them after two minutes. I would have gone longer but a Moon sneaked into the tunnel entrance before I could sell it.
You did well, Mammoth.

Earth 2150: Lost Souls
You can lead a horse to water, you can leave your horse behind.
'Cause your horse don't dance and if he don't dance, then he's no horse of mine.
ASK ME ABOUT MY OBSCURELY LARGE MEKHQ ARMY

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13293 on: November 16, 2014, 11:14:09 am »

Got crushed by the shifting level because Yoshi is too small to fit. And I still can't find the secret exit that cuts off about 2/3rds of the final level.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13294 on: November 16, 2014, 12:03:37 pm »

Bastard cheating AI made the exact same, powerful opening moves three games in a row, while my deck refused to give me energy one game and basic Pokemon the other two.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13295 on: November 16, 2014, 12:04:38 pm »

I turned into the punching bag of 13 other AI. Half an hour later, I resorted to using tunnel networks to spring guerrilla bases, only to lose them after two minutes. I would have gone longer but a Moon sneaked into the tunnel entrance before I could sell it.
You did well, Mammoth.

aaaaaaa lost souls, lost souls, I haven't played that game in 5ever.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13296 on: November 16, 2014, 12:06:02 pm »

Bastard cheating AI made the exact same, powerful opening moves three games in a row, while my deck refused to give me energy one game and basic Pokemon the other two.
Id so buy a remake (read: expansion and ai improvement) of that game.

Fighting/Grass deck ftw.  (water deck was cool too.)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Professor Lemur

• Bay Watcher
  • Not as cool as your glasses, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13297 on: November 16, 2014, 12:28:15 pm »

You did well, Mammoth.

aaaaaaa lost souls, lost souls, I haven't played that game in 5ever.
It's painful if you forget that you can't ally with the AI without modifying the game.
Coincidentally, the AI will ally with each other, because the hatred for real-life meatbags override any and all impulse to fight those not of the same faction.
Also, you need more than three Weapons Factories to defend against them all. It's a heads up for you.

Shameless plug: you can get the Earth 2150 trilogy for dirt cheap on Steam now. It still feels fresh.
You can lead a horse to water, you can leave your horse behind.
'Cause your horse don't dance and if he don't dance, then he's no horse of mine.
ASK ME ABOUT MY OBSCURELY LARGE MEKHQ ARMY

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13298 on: November 17, 2014, 09:57:12 am »

In a 24-person dungeon, at the final boss. The main tank goes AFK without so much as a word. After a few seconds, he loses aggro on the boss, and the boss then moves on to the first player to catch his attention. Which was a healer.

Healer goes down pretty quick. The other two tanks can't seem to regain control of the boss, and the boss is just going across the arena mashing everyone to paste.

It didn't help that a few players didn't seem to understand some of the fight mechanics.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13299 on: November 17, 2014, 04:19:41 pm »

Raaaaaaaaaagh. I just dumped five hundred bucks on this thing and it dies in three cheap shots from an arrow.

I HATE YOU RUPIN.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

SquidgyB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13300 on: November 17, 2014, 04:43:36 pm »

Yay! found an arcade!

Pump the jackpot machine with some coins and POOF! the thing blows up and gives me A DOLLAR!

Let's rinse this swapping game then - oof, dodge that fly - a couple of bombs, nice - BOOM!

He blew up. I only spent 9 cents of the dollar :(

At least I unlocked Cain.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13301 on: November 17, 2014, 07:02:16 pm »

So I just started Temple of Elemental Evil and in the second building I walked into, some druid temple, I spot a locked chest with a trap. I had my rogue try to disarm the trap, but she failed and took damage. Thinking that the trap was spent and wouldn't trigger again I had my rogue unlock the chest... it set off the trap again killing my rogue. Then the druid got pissed and summoned some bears that proceeded to mutilate my newly minted party. Good times.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13302 on: November 17, 2014, 07:57:10 pm »

I tried to land a simple rocket.  I actually managed to hit the ground under 6 ft/s, so the liquid fuel engine didn't explode, except that I bounced and panicked and ran out of fuel.  Also I was suffering a bug which prevented spacebar from working, so I couldn't jettison the command module (not even sure if it would have survived, real parachutes need a significant deploy time).

Near miss: Got a rocket into stable orbit with a low-point of 70,000!  And had juuuust enough fuel to lower a tiny stretch of the orbit into the upper atmosphere and thus survive.  Also, the re-entry took place at night and it was pitch black, so I had to deploy the chute early just in case of mountains (turned out to be ocean).

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #13303 on: November 17, 2014, 09:01:56 pm »

I turned into an Alakazam.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13304 on: November 18, 2014, 02:20:09 am »

I got lost in level 5 and couldn't find the boss, so I again skipped ahead and went to level 7. After bombing every wall in the dungeon three times, I finally got killed on round four by a run of bad luck in several rooms.

Legend of Zelda. If I needed to use save states on level 6, the least I can do is beat the game without looking anything up :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 885 886 [887] 888 889 ... 1575