Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 880 881 [882] 883 884 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373363 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13215 on: November 03, 2014, 08:09:53 pm »

This post amuses me. Well played good sir.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13216 on: November 03, 2014, 10:15:10 pm »

I was excited that I finally figured out how to open some of the locked doors using my ID card. I promptly opened a door and was sucked out into space.

First couple of rounds trying to understand whats going on in SS13.
If you're wearing an ID with access, you can just walk into the door.  Welcome to SS13, where the horrible interface is only outdone by the creative psychopathy of the players  ;D

I'd suggest playing as cargo tech or botanist, they're good roles for learning the game without any real pressure.  As cargo tech you can learn by assisting the Quartermaster by dragging crates around the station (or watching them break open crates to establish Cargonia).  As botanist you can mess with plants and chat with the chef, or just hang out in the cafe and watch situations arise.

We have our own server.

Also, I last died in SS13 by suicide. Reason was massive radiation overdose that was slowly but surely killing me. After my hair fell out and I started vomiting repeatedly, my health dropped to half. I eventually got tired of waiting and bit my tongue off.

SS13
>.>
Even though I said that already. Meteors are bad.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13217 on: November 03, 2014, 10:36:28 pm »

Assassinated by my own sister! Sisters, actually. Turns out they did have the guts to go through with it.

The throne has now passed to my two year old son. His aunt is the regent.

This may go poorly.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #13218 on: November 05, 2014, 10:02:51 am »

I am ready to go. 7 health, most of my ropes saved, two bombs remaining. No stickies or climbing gloves, but a lot of money and the eye. Good start since I'm still in the Mines I spy some gold on the other side of a movable block on a ledge. Alright, let's do this. I have a running jump at it, hit it directly... then the game must have mistaken my position, for I immediately exploded into gore. Perhaps it thought I was somehow teleporting inside the block itself rather then pushing against it while falling.
The worst part is, the block moved just an inch.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13219 on: November 05, 2014, 01:24:24 pm »

I tried beating the last mission of Star Wars: Starfighter on Hard, then quickly remembered why I changed to Easy about midway through the game: it's balls hard even on Medium. There's these red missiles that explode in front of you and create a blob of fire, and it's almost impossible to avoid unless you play in third-person mode and see it coming. One can easily wreck your shields, and you get deflected away and often collide with other things because of that. There's four turrets on the capital ship that shoot these missiles, and later on there's a Sith starfighter that uses these missiles as its main weapon. And you fight the Sith fighter inside a hangar, so there's almost no room to dodge.

Star Wars: Starfighter.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 01:27:33 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13220 on: November 05, 2014, 01:48:23 pm »

Assassinated by my own sister! Sisters, actually. Turns out they did have the guts to go through with it.

The throne has now passed to my two year old son. His aunt is the regent.

This may go poorly.
This reminded me of Dishonored. I'm a weird.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13221 on: November 05, 2014, 09:22:25 pm »

I jumped off the roof.
Ground view from one of my friends.

Game is Payday 2. Before this we had a game with all cloakers. I don't know how we survived.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13222 on: November 05, 2014, 09:54:51 pm »

Please explain.

Please.

Hooow.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13223 on: November 05, 2014, 09:55:39 pm »

I'm gonna guess trial+Error+Hilarity.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13224 on: November 05, 2014, 09:56:26 pm »

I had a hacker spawn hundreds of dancing civilians once.  This is probably the same method as spawning fifty bulldozers or cloakers.

Actually, I think I have an image of it that I can post when I get home.

EDIT: 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 11:16:37 pm by Karkov »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13225 on: November 05, 2014, 10:07:07 pm »

Honestly I have no idea how it happened, my guess is the host's game started getting glitchy somehow, she does run a number of mods but none of them should remotely do something like this.

That or it's a halloween easter egg.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13226 on: November 06, 2014, 12:14:43 am »

IT'S ALWAYS THE GUARDS EVERY FUCKING TIME!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13227 on: November 06, 2014, 04:17:32 pm »

Stun gas.

-Opened a new base in China.
-Recruited 10 boys to staff it, for now
-went on mission because I need the monies
-4 steps off the boat and my lead shieldman walks into muton auto-fire.
-Fine.  We make it to the crash-zone, and my other shieldman throws a stun grenade (opps, my b, I forgot to remove it from the spec sheet)
-He missed and gasses 4 team members, who, due to not wearing armor, pass out due to lack of Oxygen.  that stupid . . .
-I ordered him to pick up a shotgun that was dropped and he and the heavy will either die or get the damn job done.

Xenonauts

---

ah, a flashbang apparently ignited something or another and the ship blew up, killing the last two aliens with my crew.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 04:24:54 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Professor Lemur

• Bay Watcher
  • Not as cool as your glasses, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13228 on: November 06, 2014, 05:45:48 pm »

This was not my finest hour.
Okay, so I was on the Tiberium Twilight map, a simple 2v2v2v2. It was all going to plan. I managed to establish a decently defended outpost and even used my ally's attack as a distraction to steal one of my enemy's Construction Yard. It's all going fine but then I remembered that I forgot to turn the War Factory into ash. Fast forward twenty minutes, I'm grinding my teeth into nothingness as I watch my surviving cloaked humvee get pummelled by a fucking Ion Cannon. It really isn't nice when the AI decides you're the number one target.
Dawn of the Tiberium Age, a mod for Tiberian Sun.
You can lead a horse to water, you can leave your horse behind.
'Cause your horse don't dance and if he don't dance, then he's no horse of mine.
ASK ME ABOUT MY OBSCURELY LARGE MEKHQ ARMY

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13229 on: November 07, 2014, 04:41:52 am »

Having finally completed the main quest, I installed Frostfall and iNeeds for my next playthrough.  Decided to test out the new features with my original character, a bosmer werewolf.

I cleared a Dwemer fortress and slept near the entrance.  This made me very hungry, and it started snowing.  "No worries!" thought I.  "I'll just turn into a werewolf and eat the bandits in that tower there.  My fur will keep me warm, their meat will keep me fed!  Plus I have a long way to the next dungeon, and I'd rather make some distance as a werewolf than fast travel."

I may have gotten carried away with the eating.  I cleared the bandit tower, two Stormcloak camps, a necromancer camp, and several bears and deer along the way.  Each feeding increases the beast mode duration.  I reach my destination, still as a werewolf.  I'm apparently "Extremely thirsty" and "Dying of exhaustion" but my health isn't dropping or anything, so I eat a Forsworn camp then wait around to un-transform.  Instead I drop dead from full health.

Best I can tell, I'm dying of sleep deprivation the instant I stop being a werewolf.  And I can't sleep as a werewolf.  So this is the Dragonborn's fate...  An eternity spent as a beast, hunting for survival.  Hircine is laughing his ass off.  (I'd fix this with the console, but I'm retiring the character anyway and this is perfect).

TES ate: Skyrim
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 880 881 [882] 883 884 ... 1575