Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 874 875 [876] 877 878 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373628 times)

Pobiega

• Bay Watcher
  • [RTD_POSTER]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13125 on: October 21, 2014, 09:22:17 am »

I flipped with a god damned hovertank. HOOOW CAN IT FLIP?!

Planetside 2.

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13126 on: October 21, 2014, 10:59:59 am »

Seriously now...

The fight was going so well. I was so well prepared. Then a wyvern showed up. I wasn't even in the air! They should not spawn when the player is almost at ground level!
I got stuck and had the choice between flying through the wyvern, flying through The Destroyer and getting incinerated by lasers. Actually, the only choice was dying.
I'm done with this game for a while

Terraria.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13127 on: October 21, 2014, 12:57:05 pm »

It took me a while but I am now a master of that game Akura.

Unfortunately it is like the creator of it knew people would learn how to play so to make it tougher enemies end up carrying what I can only assume are nuclear explosives.

Yeah, past the 11th level in Arena mode, every single enemy has that rocket machine gun. The Whisper, I think it's called.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13128 on: October 21, 2014, 06:23:00 pm »

I'm trying to protect a convoy of 3 trucks, piloting an M113. There's no way the M113 can keep up with the trucks, so I get out in front before ordering the convoy to move. The idea was to force the trucks to stay behind me and go my speed. As soon as I give the order, the lead truck blasts off at full speed, hits me and flips on its side in the road. The remaining trucks won't drive around the wreck and I can't manually order them to go around, so the mission is stuck there.

Operation Flashpoint.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 06:25:57 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13129 on: October 21, 2014, 10:27:15 pm »

Planetside 2.
You put the helium blocks below the hoverblades.... oh, I see, not Robocraft, yeah, your question remains valid and my answer is void :P
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

blazing glory

« Reply #13130 on: October 21, 2014, 10:41:09 pm »

Planetside 2.
You put the helium blocks below the hoverblades.... oh, I see, not Robocraft, yeah, your question remains valid and my answer is void :P

When I saw the post Robocraft came to my mind as well.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13131 on: October 22, 2014, 07:54:28 am »

I'm trying to protect a convoy of 3 trucks, piloting an M113. There's no way the M113 can keep up with the trucks, so I get out in front before ordering the convoy to move. The idea was to force the trucks to stay behind me and go my speed. As soon as I give the order, the lead truck blasts off at full speed, hits me and flips on its side in the road. The remaining trucks won't drive around the wreck and I can't manually order them to go around, so the mission is stuck there.

Operation Flashpoint.
If that's the mission I think it is, you're supposed to drive in front and clear the way before moving the trucks up.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13132 on: October 22, 2014, 01:03:32 pm »

Operation Flashpoint.
If that's the mission I think it is, you're supposed to drive in front and clear the way before moving the trucks up.

I thought of that, but I basically have to knock down every single piece of brush to see the enemy from the M113, or else get out and risk my squad being shot to pieces. And the soldiers lying in wait are smart enough not to rush the M113 by itself, so they only come out of hiding when the trucks roll past.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13133 on: October 22, 2014, 01:38:11 pm »

Is this Red River? You've got to go hunt them down in the villages along the road.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13134 on: October 22, 2014, 04:40:58 pm »

Is this Red River? You've got to go hunt them down in the villages along the road.

nah, it's cold war crisis

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13135 on: October 23, 2014, 07:57:47 am »

The Pope demanded I stop attacking the English for the second time. The first time I complied and around the same time Poland attacked out of nowhere so I used that time to destroy them. After solidifying my hold on the former Polish lands, I return to the remnant of England, who only held Normandy and the one SW of Anjou, and in my absence they took Anjou linking all three.

I landed on Normandy, and half their force holed up in the castle, the other half fled. During the siege, the Pope told me to back down, and I told him where he could carry his cross. I was excommunicated along with the Sicilians. That fort fell, so I moved on to Anjou where the same thing happened. King William II himself led a relief assault that was reinforced by a sally from the castle. I lost ~300 men while taking 500 of theirs, including killing their king, who foolishly charged about 300 spearmen by himself. The English had no heirs and fell into obscurity.

The next turn, as I held the Ctrl key down, moving my finger to the S key to save, the game crashed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13136 on: October 23, 2014, 09:36:43 am »

I thought of that, but I basically have to knock down every single piece of brush to see the enemy from the M113, or else get out and risk my squad being shot to pieces. And the soldiers lying in wait are smart enough not to rush the M113 by itself, so they only come out of hiding when the trucks roll past.
That sounds refreshingly like real world tactics. Also, if you have a squad of soldiers with you, you're probably meant to use it.

My IRC-bot turned against me and stabbed me in the face.
I'd still like to hear this story (what were you playing and how did it stab you?).
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13137 on: October 23, 2014, 11:10:44 am »

I've almost killed the Bell Gargoyles. The key word being "almost".

._.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #13138 on: October 23, 2014, 06:48:53 pm »

I've almost killed the Bell Gargoyles. The key word being "almost".

Ah yes, I remember my first time beating the Bell Gargoyles. Note how I didn't just say fight. I fought them multiple times before I beat them. It was a blur of me dying a bunch and yelling at the tv.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13139 on: October 23, 2014, 10:33:18 pm »

Fighting a boss-type random event with only one other guy helping. It was going slow, but we were whittling the thing down, despite all of the other adds in the fight.

Unfortunately, we went down. At around the same time a sizable group of other players show up. I thought that it would end there, as the boss was about 3/4 of the way dead. Nope.

They ignore the boss and target the adds. Because the boss was too far from any attackers and was not focusing on any targets, it went back to full health. There wasn't enough time left to kill it dead when people finally started attacking it.

Kind of strange, since they were likely high level players grinding the events for their class-weapons.

Pages: 1 ... 874 875 [876] 877 878 ... 1575