Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 873 874 [875] 876 877 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373630 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13110 on: October 20, 2014, 04:29:00 pm »

falcon punch everything.  That's really the only option.
I support this plan.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

gigaraptor487

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic now civilised
    • View Profile
« Reply #13111 on: October 20, 2014, 04:33:09 pm »

I SWEAR THIS GAME CHEATS! MY SOLDIERS MISS THIN MEN WHILE FLANKING FROM A TILE AWAY, WHILE THEY NAIL DOUBLE-DIGIT DAMAGE FROM ACROSS THE MAP WHILE MY GUYS ARE IN HEAVY COVER!! THIS HAS HAPPENED THREE TIMES IN THIS ONE MISSION!!!! ARGHHAGHJAGVBH (╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Why are you shooting thin men from a tile away anyway? Thats dangerous IIRC.

In other news, I attempted to storm an MG 34 nest on Grain elevator. This would have been easy if I wasn't alone and only had a mosin nagant with 2 clips and no grenades.

Hehe, you thought there would be an interesting sig here

I now run a program which brings old multiplayer games back to life : click

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13112 on: October 20, 2014, 04:38:11 pm »

The first time was by accident; a Thin Man rushed through a doorway that my soldier was covering from a tile or two away. The Overwatch shot missed, and the Thin Man apparently decided that rushing to cover was more important than shooting at my guys. After that missed, I got pissed off and moved the same soldier to almost point-blank range (still flanking) to kill the Thin Man, and the shot missed again. I have Absolutely Critical on, so these flanking shots would have been one-hit kills...IF they had hit.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13113 on: October 20, 2014, 04:52:57 pm »

I always get pissed at that crap that the RNG throws at you in the very beginning, so I usually end up dubbing my games "Grenade COM," at that point.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13114 on: October 20, 2014, 04:54:56 pm »

I always get pissed at that crap that the RNG throws at you in the very beginning, so I usually end up dubbing my games "Grenade COM," at that point.
Wait, did they make grenades better in the game?  I love the general concept of grenades, but these kind of games tend to make them weak.

XCom made grenades early game material, with limited late-or mid-game use.  OR did when I gave it a spin.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13115 on: October 20, 2014, 05:03:16 pm »

It's usually early game when I have to use them, but the grenades always do 3 points of damage (until you upgrade or make them all alien grenades) and seemingly all of your soldiers are quarterbacks that can throw those things halfway across the level.  From my experience Thin Men and early Sectoids always had 3 points of health.

As long as I don't hit a generator with the damn things all I'm losing is bits of weapon and maybe a corpse or three.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13116 on: October 20, 2014, 05:05:16 pm »

They're good cover-busters, at any rate. I rarely use grenades for direct killing unless something has little enough health to be killed and it absolutely needs to die that turn.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13117 on: October 20, 2014, 05:49:56 pm »

*sneaking through a building*
*fucks up; swarmed by guards*
Welp.
*lets guards kill me*

Dishonored
Black lives matter.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13118 on: October 20, 2014, 07:04:42 pm »

Goddammit
DF
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13119 on: October 20, 2014, 10:03:22 pm »

Went to investigate a fishing village; turns out it was crawling with chrysallids and, by extension, zombies. Long story short, everybody except a squaddie heavy died, including my favorite soldier.

And thus, a video game moved me to tears for the first time.

But hey. I avenged her death. I killed the chrysallid that killed her. And that's a victory.

I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13120 on: October 20, 2014, 11:07:43 pm »

In one of the black ops missions in the campaign, you're tasked with destroying at least one tank at a depot and escaping safely. You're supposed to do it with satchel charges, but there's a single Russian helicopter near the depot, fully loaded and practically unguarded. Despite knowing that there's probably anti-air units less than 200m away, I run for the helicopter and punch the ignition.

Almost as soon as I lift off, my rudder is destroyed and I go crashing back to the ground.

:(

Operation Flashpoint: CWC
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13121 on: October 20, 2014, 11:10:34 pm »

Went to investigate a fishing village; turns out it was crawling with chrysallids and, by extension, zombies. Long story short, everybody except a squaddie heavy died, including my favorite soldier.

And thus, a video game moved me to tears for the first time.

But hey. I avenged her death. I killed the chrysallid that killed her. And that's a victory.

C-Day is hard to experience, some times.
Not that I have myself.
Black lives matter.

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13122 on: October 21, 2014, 05:35:28 am »

So, I lost against the destroyer, now I'm going to make better preparations and-
"you feel vibrations coming from deep below"
This game hates me.

Terraria.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13123 on: October 21, 2014, 07:52:43 am »

Numerous, numerous deaths. Notable ones include having my hammer knocked away and then it hit me in the face, fighting three machines with flamethrowers, getting stun-locked by their deathsplosions and getting caught between two rotary saws that do insane damage even before taking account swing momentum while I was stunned, going for a weapon only for the game to decide instead of picking it up I smash my face into the pointy end(of a rock flail), and lightly tapping a wall.

Goddammit
DF

Shouldn't have taken that level in Commoner.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13124 on: October 21, 2014, 08:27:00 am »

It took me a while but I am now a master of that game Akura.

Unfortunately it is like the creator of it knew people would learn how to play so to make it tougher enemies end up carrying what I can only assume are nuclear explosives.
Pages: 1 ... 873 874 [875] 876 877 ... 1575