Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 863 864 [865] 866 867 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374011 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12960 on: October 03, 2014, 04:36:10 pm »

Got the Ness unlock fight (after only 2 smashes??). I wasn't familiar with both my character (Palutena) and the stage (Magicant) so I warped under a platform and died.

SSB43DS
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12961 on: October 03, 2014, 06:38:43 pm »

Defeated Crazy Hand on level 3 difficulty, and had Master Hand down to 25 HP, but then he started flipping these crazy cards out of his sleeve, and one of them carried me off the screen and took my last stock.

SSB43DS
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12962 on: October 03, 2014, 10:19:48 pm »

Palutena's a character?  That makes me want to get the game more than is should.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12963 on: October 03, 2014, 10:31:38 pm »

I almost complained about them dropping a certain two cool characters in favor of an exposition NPC from a 1986 game...  Except I've never actually owned a SSB game so I probably shouldn't talk :P

It seems like bandits really like their freakin bows...  Kinda like me.  Roughly even battle with some forest bandits, except they mowed down my unarmored village-recruits (and my companions are focusing on support skills rather than fighting).

I took cover behind a tree against about 10 of them.  Drawing my bow behind cover, popping out to fire (with a tiny window before my tired arm ruined the aim).  When there were three left, one charged me, and the others shot me down right as I cleaved him with my halberd.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12964 on: October 03, 2014, 10:33:56 pm »

Oh I didn't play that game, I played uprising.  Which only exists because of brawl, and is really heavily inspired by SSB.

Its this weird circular thing.  SSB creates Uprising, Uprising creates a popular character that goes in the next SSB game.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12965 on: October 04, 2014, 02:17:41 am »

Backing into an anomaly while fighting something....for the 3rd fucking time in a row now. ><

I tried to avoid pursuing Lu Bu, but instead he started to pursue me.

I didn't quite understand the jokes until I saw how much damage he does. And then I died.

Insignificant worm! Now you know the true might of Lu Bu, the greatest warrior that has ever lived!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12966 on: October 04, 2014, 07:55:50 am »

I managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. After successfully assaulting two enemy bases with my respectable Tier 3 assault bot squads, I sat back to wait for my Galactic Colossus to finish in the sure knowledge that the other 2 factions would be a push over. Giant bomber flies over and manages to drop two bombs before being shot out of the air. Those bombs sadly landed on my commander.

Post crater I ramped up production of experimentals, finishing a Czar and a Fatboy due to a lucky converted engineer early on in the match. Sadly, while I managed to clear out one team, I never got a chance to properly assault the Cybran base and, through steady usage of Tier 3 bombers, they proceeded to level my base one large explosion at a time. The loss of my commander meant I was relying on energy storage buildings and since there's no Tier 2 or 3 versions of those you need a lot of rather weak storage buildings to make up the difference.

I was rather dubious whether "Forged Alliance" was worth getting since it seemed to only add one new faction, but there are a lot of smaller changes that really do make a difference, as well as a much more aggressive A.I. and no crashing.

"Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance".
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12967 on: October 04, 2014, 08:19:55 am »

A bunch of Nazis shot me until I died. :-\

Wolfenstein 3D.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12968 on: October 04, 2014, 01:06:46 pm »

A team of twelve Bogarus units attacked one of my provinces. I'm Agartha with eighty-three units stationed there, including a Ktonian Necromancer (my prophet) and Ktonian Reanimator. The Cave Drakes and infantry run them over and kill almost everybody when they make contact, losing only a few units to the Exarch's Smite ability.

... Then, as the army is broken and fleeing, the Exarch's final act is to cast one last Smite. It hits the Necromancer - my prophet - and kills him in one hit. Who wants to be the last to die in a battle?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12969 on: October 04, 2014, 01:09:16 pm »

Cruel Smash. That is all.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12970 on: October 04, 2014, 11:35:05 pm »

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12971 on: October 05, 2014, 02:16:29 am »

Fighting two Uruk captains, trying to get them Branded. It's not going bad, one of them lost 1/3 of its HP, the other only needs to be drained now. I'm overrun, so I retreat and jump to a wooden beam that sticks out of the stronghold wall, where no one should see me - except some guys do, so I decide to get moving.
I jump, melt through the next wooden beam and fall under the map for an entire minute until I die. +1 power level to both, new power levels to many enemies... At least I helped my Branded Uruk before so he didn't affected.

Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12972 on: October 05, 2014, 11:01:30 am »

Landed on Minmus. Worried about the fuel to get home. Realized that the main ship also doesn't have near enough parachutes to land back on Kerbin. The whole ship cost less than I thought it would, only $750k, despite having six total Kerbodyne (one needs to be fired off on Minmus for a contract) engines, plus one of the 4-engine clusters, plus 4 goddamn nuclear reactors with thermal engines directly attached to them(Interstellar mod). Anyway, I get to Minmus, land, fall over, but manage to right myself. I take a bunch of science tests, including the engine I need to test. Tons of science data gained. Decide to go on an EVA to plant a flag(another contract) plus take a report an soil sample.

As I click the button to disembark, the game crashes.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12973 on: October 05, 2014, 11:15:10 am »

Decide to start up a simple game so I can see how it works. Me and one AI nation, I decide to play an underwater nation because I can have a Great Kraken pretender and that seems pretty cool. The game generates a small map...

And there are literally two water tiles. My starting location, and one next door. I have amphibious troops, but most of the best-looking ones are water only and one of the commanders is completely immobile. A bit of scouting reveals heavy Independent presence on every adjacent tile. Something like 40 Wolf Tribe warriors one one, a few dozen Barbarians on another, that sort of thing. The AI nation, Nifelheim, is only three tiles away and by turn 4 or so have conquered vast swathes of land. I conquer the sole remaining water tile (deep water, low income and resources but it's the only thing I have a half-decent chance of taking with my starting force) with heavy losses thanks to the Kraken running around slinging spells, then build up a surface expedition which runs straight into a Nifelheim force and gets slaughtered to a fishman. Ragequit time.

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12974 on: October 05, 2014, 11:21:07 am »

Everyone was so insistent on Store Item In Bag and Store Item in Barrel and Store Item in Stockpile that they disregarded building the bridge that would allow the migrant wave trapped on the far side of the river to move to the side with food. The entire migrant wave starved to death. Thanks, Urist McFarmer, for not going over there and doing architecture when it was literally your only job.
Pages: 1 ... 863 864 [865] 866 867 ... 1575