Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 851 852 [853] 854 855 ... 1572

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2327706 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12780 on: September 04, 2014, 11:18:38 pm »

FTB CrashLanding.
Even though I am highly skilled at doing these things now, I get a wall up day 1, Rice/Grapes growing day 2, Engine up day 3 for water and soon a Cobble Gen via the Transponder on day 4...
I died to forgetting to stockpile some of the food I had growing already, having both Grapes and Rice growing I never bonemeal'd spare food for when needed. Thinking that if its a spider that comes over my wall I can take it out in two hits no prob...
A Tough Spider comes over, these things as per their name are tougher to kill, needing 6 or more stabs with a bone dagger. Needless to say I was out of food and low on hunger, thus my swings turned to mush. Damn I thought as I barricaded myself in. Oh wait I have some rotten flesh, if I can get a few hunger out of them before I get sick I could kill it. First attempt was a nope. Got 2 bars up before got sick, so took a few swings hoping to kill it...
Didn't...
Stopped being sick I thought to risk it. I got sick first go...

Death by Hunger...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12781 on: September 05, 2014, 03:00:11 pm »

DAMNED BLACK KNIGHT, SLAMMING HIS SWORD ON THE FLOOR TO CREATE EVIL ICE MAGIC.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12782 on: September 06, 2014, 10:17:00 am »

Tried to dropkick a sniper off a rooftop. I fumbled with the controls while doing so. I managed to bash his head in with my rifle, but in the process sent myself flying off the rooftop. That was... embarassing.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12783 on: September 06, 2014, 05:42:46 pm »

Apparently, a guy wearing a steel hat can be killed by being hit on the head by a scrawny lizard-man holding a metal stick.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12784 on: September 06, 2014, 06:46:12 pm »

My wizard was an ungodly instrument of arcane forces. An unfettered conduit of magical destruction. An awe-inspiring machine of death and fire and pain.

Who, it turns out, reacts very, very poorly to a giant poisonous talon to the face.

Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

gigaraptor487

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic now civilised
    • View Profile
« Reply #12785 on: September 06, 2014, 07:41:53 pm »

AI banzai charged me in a cargo plane.

Hehe, you thought there would be an interesting sig here

I now run a program which brings old multiplayer games back to life : click

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12786 on: September 06, 2014, 07:43:14 pm »

Set up a 2v2v2 game, with a bro and I on the first team and the rest are AI players. The AIs decide to rush our bases immediately and stomp us, even though they're on standard.

Dawn of War - Dark Crusade

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12787 on: September 06, 2014, 08:53:00 pm »

Underestimated a wood troll. Thought it wouldn't be that hard, since it was still early game. I guess it is easy when you do it right, but I didn't realize how to do it at first. I figured it out after I accidentally blew up the dwarf by detonating swamp gas.

Then a bit later, I was in a cave battle against giant lice, when stalactites fell from the ceiling and killed the dwarf, which set us off to a bad start.

The game does not seem to like the dwarf.

I touched some crates to see what would happen. They fell on me. I was pinned for several turns and got ganked before I could get back up.

10/10 Would get trapped under boxes again.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 09:03:02 pm by BlackFlyme »

Khrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12788 on: September 07, 2014, 01:44:33 am »

I put my claw in my jaw and pulled it down, obliterating the jaw and killing myself in order to prevent a man from sexually advancing on me.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #12789 on: September 07, 2014, 03:26:19 am »

My well-armed scout group spotted a plague bringer in the distance. Rather than risk him escaping, and sneaking back to my HQ, I ordered them to kill him. They failed , and got infected. Since they had some valuable units, I made the unforgivable mistake to take them back to the lab. My geneticist failed 3 cure rolls in a row. Guess what happened next.

Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

gigaraptor487

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic now civilised
    • View Profile
« Reply #12790 on: September 07, 2014, 06:39:37 am »

I have the black disk on my back, one of my allies has an empty briefcase, we're "making a deal" with yellow. The two dealers walk to the middle of the road and drop their cases and my side opens up. We lose the dealer but kill the yellows. Almost as soon as that ends, a car full of blues does a burnout right into the firefight zone and guns us down, taking both disks and leaving.

Sub Rosa.

You have to tell me how to have it not have massive unplayable lag every 5 seconds.

You need to have a GPU capable of running OpenGL well. I.E. no Intel intergrated cards as I found out on my laptop.

Either that or the internet connection is bad, I was using Cat 5e cable for the server after all
Hehe, you thought there would be an interesting sig here

I now run a program which brings old multiplayer games back to life : click

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12791 on: September 07, 2014, 11:09:04 pm »

I'd cleared most of the local salt mine of Firenewts with minimal problems. Even the massive horde in the main room had posed little threat. And now, I stood at the door to what I expected was their leader. My front-liners all had Shield of Faith active, I had Stoneskin on my Ranger, and most of my other important spells were still prepared. I felt ready.

And then I opened the door. And the Firenewts' Overseer laughed in my face before brutally slaughtering my entire party, his fire-enhanced waraxe chopping through my Cleric and Ranger like so much warm butter, while his apparent resistance to cold and fire (if not other elements) made my Wizard very sad. Before long, every one of my melee-capable characters was dying or outright dead, and I reloaded as the crazed beast closed on my Rogue.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12792 on: September 08, 2014, 01:08:08 pm »

FUCKING BOBBLEHEADS

Sanctum 2
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Kingbodz

• Bay Watcher
  • a bayonet wielded by the hand of God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12793 on: September 08, 2014, 01:50:43 pm »

FUCKING RAT SWARMS!

Dishonored
Known as Redblaze3000 on BYOND

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12794 on: September 08, 2014, 02:25:40 pm »

FUCKING INITIATIVE SYSTEM!

Fallout Tactics
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 851 852 [853] 854 855 ... 1572