Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 846 847 [848] 849 850 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2379386 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12705 on: August 19, 2014, 01:24:05 am »

Me and a friend were wandering out around town.  We had just murdered some poor orc grieving over his friend because my own friend is bloodthirsty and I apparently blow at Rock Paper Scissors.

We end up wandering into a minefield.  Fortunately our half insane tank NPC managed to take it.   After looking around with my high perception I determine that I can't see any more mines.   Considering I didn't see the first one, that means that there are probably hundreds of them ahead of us and no way to detect them.

We send our tank out to go dance around in the mine field using typical DnD PC logic. When you know there are traps but can't spot them.  Healing her whenever she sets one off and sending her to go blow up another.

We are satisfied we found them all, or at least enough to walk through. And I take a single step forward.
*BOOM*  Both me and my pocket mage that was following me around are reduced to fine ashes.  Apparently I had stopped just short of a mine, and we didn't check that spot because we thought it started farther forward.

My friend quietly reloads the game and we decide to take a different gate out of town.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12706 on: August 19, 2014, 05:12:46 am »

The Lumber Mill was apparently undefended, so I took the flag, stealthed and went AFK for just a second. When I came back, the node still looked abandoned but somebody had defended the point. That should have set my alarms off, but we were losing badly anyway so I immediately assaulted the flag again. A rogue and druid unstealthed and killed me.

World of Warcraft, Arathi Basin yet again.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Carnwennan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12707 on: August 19, 2014, 01:59:34 pm »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12708 on: August 19, 2014, 03:47:07 pm »

Darmed Iron Knuckles!

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12709 on: August 19, 2014, 07:51:10 pm »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12710 on: August 19, 2014, 08:13:48 pm »

* Tawarochir walks into room

* Horse head guy is in room

* Tawarochir activates shield spell

* Tawarochir proceeds to give horse head guy brain tumors

* Horse head guy hits Tawarochir with mace repeatedly

* Tawarochir turns completely black and the screen goes flickerflickerflickerflickerflickerflickerflickerflickerflicker

* Tawarochir repeats above twice

* GAEM OVAR RETRUN FO GANNON BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12711 on: August 19, 2014, 08:15:08 pm »

* Tawarochir walks into room

* Horse head guy is in room

* Tawarochir activates shield spell

* Tawarochir proceeds to give horse head guy brain tumors

* Horse head guy hits Tawarochir with mace repeatedly

* Tawarochir turns completely black and the screen goes flickerflickerflickerflickerflickerflickerflickerflickerflicker

* Tawarochir repeats above twice

* GAEM OVAR RETRUN FO GANNON BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I quit.  Been livin the dream ever since.  You, though, you like pain.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12712 on: August 20, 2014, 01:25:23 am »

I beat horse head once...

* Greiger stares longingly out over an ocean as the sun sets on the horizon.  A sad tune quietly plays as the camera pans away and fades to black.

(Pfft dark souls thinks it's hard oh you can go the wrong way from the starting area and get killed by skeletons or ghosts, Ooooooo.  In the old days we had 2 caves, both of them pitch black.  First you had to figure out how to spot the tiny little pixels indicate the groundcrawling enemies in the dark to beat them without being able to directly see them, then you had to pray to Armok you actually entered the right bloody cave and didn't just come face to face with a wall. Then you have to get past the desert of endless projectiles and pray you had more than 1 left left after completing all that.  All without internet and helpful NPC advice like I am Error.  And that was just to GET to the first dungeon.)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 01:42:49 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #12713 on: August 20, 2014, 10:19:36 am »

Oh god, Zelda II. I pity you. I finally beat that last year, after 18 or so years of trying.

I wish you luck good sir.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12714 on: August 20, 2014, 10:52:53 am »

And my next death comes from what appears to be a jumping giant isopod with a mouth that shoots fire in the second dungeon.

From that very game.

And I have to beat him, along with hundreds of other enemies, if I want the hammer to bypass the Cave of Goriyas and Doom.

* Tawarochir presses onward

I'll bet that the end will be a single line of disappointing text, but with the difficulty of these games, saying you friggin' SAW that line of disappointing text in all its 8-bit glory is the mark of somebody with great levels of perseverance (and a ridiculous dexterity score.)

By the way, is it intended to be such that you have to raise a pre-selected stat at level up? Because it's kind of annoying when I had to raise magic power I didn't have yet.

All to save Robin Williams' daughter from a coma. :P

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12715 on: August 20, 2014, 10:58:07 am »

And my next death comes from what appears to be a jumping giant isopod with a mouth that shoots fire in the second dungeon.

From that very game.

And I have to beat him, along with hundreds of other enemies, if I want the hammer to bypass the Cave of Goriyas and Doom.

* Tawarochir presses onward

I'll bet that the end will be a single line of disappointing text, but with the difficulty of these games, saying you friggin' SAW that line of disappointing text in all its 8-bit glory is the mark of somebody with great levels of perseverance (and a ridiculous dexterity score.)

By the way, is it intended to be such that you have to raise a pre-selected stat at level up? Because it's kind of annoying when I had to raise magic power I didn't have yet.

All to save Robin Williams' daughter from a coma. :P

If I remember correctly, you can toggle the upgrade using the select button? I may be wrong however, it's been a while.

Edit:
Yes, I checked, you CAN select, but each one requires a different amount of xp (shown). If you want to wait you can just select cancel, and it'll notify you when you hit the next one.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 10:59:57 am by timferius »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12716 on: August 20, 2014, 10:59:48 am »

Tried. Didn't work. :(

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12717 on: August 20, 2014, 11:00:14 am »

See edit.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12718 on: August 20, 2014, 11:09:04 am »

Oh, sweet! Thanks.

EDIT:
A brave adventurer found the body of an elf, clad in green, wielding a magical sword, deep within the Swamp Palace. The ill-fated adventurer left the temple and returned to town, and he staggered into it, dying. With his last breath, he whispered to the old man at the entrance:

"The... the red... the red Iron Knuckles... their swords... are invincible... they... they killed Link..."

And with that, he died.

GAME OVER, RETURN OF GANON

Zelda II. If I can get my mitts on that hammer...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 03:51:00 pm by Tawarochir »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12719 on: August 20, 2014, 05:41:43 pm »

After weeks of being vastly overleveled for Burning Crusade content, I move on to Lich King via the Hero's Call board. One of the first quests I did saw me getting stabbed to death by 8 cultists my own level.

World of Warcraft. That's the first time since Un'Goro Crater that I've had to use CC in world PvE :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 846 847 [848] 849 850 ... 1575