Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370428 times)

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #1260 on: January 12, 2011, 11:34:30 pm »

Lag caused me to fail to shoot the Chief Engineer and get disarmed and then somehow loose my Flasher too leaving me totally unarmed for when the Captain suddenly burst out of his quarters and started Shooting.  I could have stunned both if I hadn't inexplicably dropped all my weapons.  I then somehow lost pretty much all of the rest of my equipment in an instant, but they didn't cuff me and instead kept shooting me over and over with stun blasts.  I got thrown in the brig and for all I know might have managed to escape if not for the fact that Officer Beepsky saw me not wearing cuffs and broke into my prison cell to arrest me.  In the end I was left behind and died of starvation or suffocation after realizing that the glass walls of the prison cell just weren't going to brean no matter how many times I hit them.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: January 13, 2011, 07:57:52 am »

Actually, you can break out of the brig as long as you're wearing clothing and security hasn't taken out the cell's lightbulb.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: January 13, 2011, 09:42:20 am »

Thats one of the things I've always wondered, how the hell do you remove handcuffs?  Once I died because the captain went utterly insane and decided to protect the aliens attacking the ship. 

I got away but I was handcuffed first and couldn't figure out how to get the things off.  Shortly later the security officer came by to execute me for "Attempted murder of a crewmember"
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 09:43:57 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: January 13, 2011, 09:44:10 am »

SPESS MAREENS attacked me (an orc mekboy), my mildly disabled chaos sorceror buddy ("HI IMMA GUNNA HEET U WIT MY SORD") and the SPESS MAREEN captain who was sitting in one of the most ridiculously defensible positions in the game and which is, I'm fairly certain, a bug.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: January 13, 2011, 12:42:12 pm »

I'm the weakest race in the galaxy.  I hadn't played in so long I think I had my priorities out of order.   I have a good number of systems but my income isn't great, and I can't build up a significant size fleet.  I do seem to be the only race in the galaxy with shields though.

Fortunately, I made an alliance early with what turns out to be the strongest race in the galaxy.  The space dolphins.  Who knew they would get along with space lizards.

I'm finally in a position where I can help my powerful allies.  Worried that if I don't they'll break their alliance with me I send (to me) a large fleet of 6 Broadsword class  Shielded attack cruisers a Dragon class shielded command ship and a few medic class repair vessels into a joint attack against our mutual enemies the space ....Zuul.

First round goes excellent.  We are attacking from opposite sides of the planet.  And while the Liir's large fleet combats the Zuul Defense fleet my fleet is wailing into the back side of the planet and the defense sats.  My shields easily absorbed what damage was sent my ship's way and I had managed to halve the planetary population and take out all the satellite defenses.

Next round didn't go quite so well.  Seems the Zuul Noticed me this time and decided to send all their defences against me instead of the Liir.   "Oh, ok then I'll just play defensive, I'll rush by them and move towards the Liir fle-  Holy hell is that a dreadnought!?"

Too late to turn my ships around, they fly straight into the Zull fleet of heavy beamers and dreads.  The liir ships never even see me.  All my shields that were the pride of my research department accomplished was make my ships live a salvo from the heavy beamers instead of blow up immediately..  I totally did not expect dreadnoughts this early into the game.

One turn later the Liir were also repelled from the system.  And now the apperantly very powerful Zuul Probably see me as a threat.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: January 13, 2011, 12:47:13 pm »

That's sword of the stars just FYI.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: January 13, 2011, 03:17:37 pm »

SPESS MAREENS attacked me (an orc mekboy), my mildly disabled chaos sorceror buddy ("HI IMMA GUNNA HEET U WIT MY SORD") and the SPESS MAREEN captain who was sitting in one of the most ridiculously defensible positions in the game and which is, I'm fairly certain, a bug.

I'm curious what game this is.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #1267 on: January 13, 2011, 03:26:07 pm »

Dawn of War 2 multiplayer. Chaos Rising expansion, most likely.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: January 13, 2011, 04:24:57 pm »

Thats one of the things I've always wondered, how the hell do you remove handcuffs?  Once I died because the captain went utterly insane and decided to protect the aliens attacking the ship. 

I got away but I was handcuffed first and couldn't figure out how to get the things off.  Shortly later the security officer came by to execute me for "Attempted murder of a crewmember"

CLick the button on the bottom right.\, "Resist" until it say's you're attempting to remove your cuffs.  It takes two minutes or 4 if you're tied to a chair/bed and you have to remain still.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #1269 on: January 13, 2011, 04:28:22 pm »

Camped the NE approach of the Allied firebase south of Wellin in Battleground Europe. Downed a truck, an AA gun and an AT gun with my Panzer IIC. A heavy AT gun moved in on my flank after a spitfire spotted me retreating from the position. I backed up against a hill and couldn't escape the AT in time. A Pz2c isn't that bad of a loss, and I'm sure it scared the hell out of them for me and a few infantry (and a Tiger I was with that was a good deal north of me) to be so close to their firebase.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: January 13, 2011, 04:32:40 pm »

Dawn of War 2 - Last Stand mode.

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: January 13, 2011, 11:04:49 pm »

Hellion. Hot.
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: January 14, 2011, 11:21:21 am »

AIDS.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: January 14, 2011, 11:24:16 am »

Aliens causing cancer in my patient while I was trying to drain them also using a lazer to remove the tumors they create... Said patient was probably Jesus.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: January 14, 2011, 11:29:51 am »

Smacking my helicopter into a wrecked ships mast while trying to escape from a giant shark that was trying to eat me
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 1575