Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 820 821 [822] 823 824 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370085 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12315 on: June 29, 2014, 03:43:30 pm »

Fuck you, greatsword-wielding guys. Stop ruining my werewolf fun with your 1-hit kill attacks.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12316 on: June 29, 2014, 03:51:42 pm »

"Alright, figured out the patterns of these enemies...time for the boss. What's he called..."

"Ornstein and Smough, huh?"

Biggie Smalls is probably the hardest boss fight of the game. Don't worry, you'll beat them eventually. You just have to learn their patterns.

Pro tip: Shields are useless in that fight, as is heavy armor. 2H your weapon and go naked. Fast rolling will save your life.

I prefer Bulk and Skull, or B.I.G. and Tupac, for them myself. :P

But yeah, easiest way is to take down Ornstein first, then Smough. (For a challenge on another playthrough, try Smough first, then Ornstein.) Summon Solaire if you need the help, he's good at tanking one of them during the first section of the fight though he will usually die during the second phase.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #12317 on: June 29, 2014, 04:10:43 pm »

Oreos and Smores.

Mine: Nod has the most annoying units in the entire world. There's so many laser turrets on this one level. Bleh. Need more Wolverines and Titans. It's a slog, I finally get to their base, and then I accidentally blow up the structure I'm sposed to capture. fffffffuuuu-

« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 04:13:12 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12318 on: June 29, 2014, 04:42:40 pm »

"Alright, figured out the patterns of these enemies...time for the boss. What's he called..."

"Ornstein and Smough, huh?"

Biggie Smalls is probably the hardest boss fight of the game. Don't worry, you'll beat them eventually. You just have to learn their patterns.

Pro tip: Shields are useless in that fight, as is heavy armor. 2H your weapon and go naked. Fast rolling will save your life.

I prefer Bulk and Skull, or B.I.G. and Tupac, for them myself. :P

But yeah, easiest way is to take down Ornstein first, then Smough. (For a challenge on another playthrough, try Smough first, then Ornstein.) Summon Solaire if you need the help, he's good at tanking one of them during the first section of the fight though he will always die during the second phase.

FTFY. Pikachu and Snorlax is another one of my favorite, as well as Ornstein Bros. Bagels.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12319 on: June 29, 2014, 05:04:50 pm »

My squad was unstoppable. They were awesome.

They had top-of-the shelf gear.

They had no psionics training.

They had to fight against ethereals.

Their dissection says they're physically retarded, but I just say retarded. I quickly lost most of the unit to psychic attacks, and the rest to laser fire.

Also, why is it my guys' power suits allow them to shrug off missiles, but can barely protect them from plasma, the only weapon the aliens consistently use?

Gruntdonttoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12320 on: June 29, 2014, 06:28:33 pm »

Warped in next to a star in the hopes of mining fuel, wasn't looking at my gravity indicator and was consumed by said star.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #12321 on: June 29, 2014, 07:02:53 pm »

@IronTomato Bad luck?

Stuff you might already know: Plasma does a lot of damage, more than explosives. Try not to get hit from the side or rear, any armor is in fact weaker there. Crits are possible as well.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12322 on: June 29, 2014, 07:23:19 pm »

Also, why is it my guys' power suits allow them to shrug off missiles, but can barely protect them from plasma, the only weapon the aliens consistently use?

Because heavy plasma is fricken awesome, that's why.

One strategy I've heard but never used (I avoid fighting ethereals until I'm damn sure everyone in the squad is psionic resistant) is to bring conventional rifles to the fight.  Since ethereals are physically frail your weapons will work on them, but your power suits will protect your own guys from MC induced friendly fire.

Of course, that's not going to save you if there's an ethereal terror mission...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12323 on: June 29, 2014, 07:31:13 pm »

FTFY. Pikachu and Snorlax is another one of my favorite, as well as Ornstein Bros. Bagels.

Pikachu and Snorlax is a good one. I've kept Solaire alive through the fight, though admittedly it is difficult because he's as strong as he is kinda stupid. :P

Also, the last time I died I was playing Dark Souls 2 in Iron Keep and I got an arrow through the head to shove me off the drawbridge. Damn archers and their perfect accuracy. I like DS2, but I dunno if it's as good as 1 in some ways.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

nearlyNonexistent

• Bay Watcher
  • "What for, robbery?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12324 on: June 29, 2014, 08:23:40 pm »

Managed to get half my team killed by aliens. On the first mission after the tutorial.

XCOM Enemy Unknown.
Famous for stupidity and humor.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12325 on: June 29, 2014, 10:24:09 pm »

Because heavy plasma is fricken awesome, that's why.

One strategy I've heard but never used (I avoid fighting ethereals until I'm damn sure everyone in the squad is psionic resistant) is to bring conventional rifles to the fight.  Since ethereals are physically frail your weapons will work on them, but your power suits will protect your own guys from MC induced friendly fire.

Of course, that's not going to save you if there's an ethereal terror mission...
It was a terror mission. :P

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12326 on: June 29, 2014, 11:18:35 pm »

Just got Dark souls 2.  I saw an eagle fly overhead while exploring some ruins.  I was all like hey, that's cool, reminds me of the big raven.   Then I carried on to kill the annoying soldier that was throwing bombs at me when I was down below.  Something big white and glossy then covered my entire screen coming up from behind me and proceeded to play my spine like an accordion.  I have no idea what it is and never got a good look at it.  I assume it's related to the bird since there was nothing up there before it flew by.

Dark Souls 2
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12327 on: June 30, 2014, 12:07:43 am »

I prefer Super Londo Bros.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #12328 on: June 30, 2014, 12:12:03 am »

Is Papa and Smurf a thing? Seems like it'd work, Papa is Bigs Smough, Smurf is Smalls Ornstein, put 'em together you and you got the obvious play on Papa Smurf.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12329 on: June 30, 2014, 12:23:25 am »

Playing on Hard Mode, trying to get S ranks on all the bosses.

Not doing too well at it.

Pages: 1 ... 820 821 [822] 823 824 ... 1574