Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 816 817 [818] 819 820 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370461 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12255 on: June 19, 2014, 06:02:41 am »

Well, I guess that I'm talking more about the clan being completely removed and rendered a non-factor. I also wonder if that's a viable way of becoming the King of Dragon Pass by utterly annihilating your adversaries.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12256 on: June 19, 2014, 06:09:58 am »

No, I don't think clans can be destroyed under any circumstances.  I once saw a screenshot of a player who'd not only pushed the other clans out of their starting area but claimed 2-3x more land.  The other clans were in a large circle around his massive clan.

I'm not actually sure if the player's clan can be destroyed, I usually give up before I lose (when you're at <500 cows and 10 weaponthanes, there's no recovering).
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12257 on: June 19, 2014, 08:45:38 pm »

Finally beat the 3rd great soul boss, used the far fire to get back to majula, then sat at the bonfire.  On a no bonfire run.  I walked off the cliff in shame before deleting the file and hitting alt f4.  So sad.

Dark Souls 2
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12258 on: June 20, 2014, 01:23:01 am »

Fricking Baboon king, summoning his Healing Rollers over and over. It wouldn't be so bad if he only did it every other turn, but nooo, he loves to summon them 3 times in a row, forcing me to deplete my burst gauge taking out the first 2 groups with Flame wall, then getting mauled by the third group when I don't have enough burst to activate it :(

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12259 on: June 21, 2014, 10:57:20 am »

Marluxia's final form blew all my cards away from me, then blew me away from my cards. Then he used Doom before I could pick up all of my deck. The thing about doom is that you have to break 5 randomly numbered cards in a short time limit, or you die. His last card was a 7, which I didn't really have enough time to reload assuming I even had one picked up.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12260 on: June 21, 2014, 12:58:43 pm »

It all started when they killed my horse.
I was on my way to pick up a bounty, fighting well, and at some point my horse thought it would be a bright idea to walk into the firefight. I didn't discover that my horse was dead until I had the bounty hogtied and was carrying him. I shot down a few of the respawning posse, and apparently at some point I hit one of the random travelers that spawned along the road. Someone ran off as a witness despite my attempts to shoot him down, likely due to my trouble with already having to shoot the next wave of gang members. Shortly after, the law had arrived and I was caught in the middle of the 'shoot first and shoot later' law and the similar gang members. Needless to say, I was filled with lead.
Later, I came back for that same guy, left my horse near the beginning, drank some moonshine and chased him across the countryside while shooting down the gang members.
Just goes to show that you can't outrun the long arm of the law, especially when it's drunk and has a shotgun.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12261 on: June 21, 2014, 04:16:53 pm »

Even a Vampire Lord is no match for the wrath of a power-attacking bandit chief wielding a 2-handed weapon.

Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #12262 on: June 21, 2014, 04:19:06 pm »

Those bandit chiefs are BAMFs alright. Shoulda been a werewolf.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12263 on: June 21, 2014, 04:36:44 pm »

Had plenty of filters. Gas mask was not damaged in any way.

Still couldn't breathe for some reason. I even tried removing and putting the gas mask back on a few times.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12264 on: June 21, 2014, 04:40:09 pm »

Shoulda been a werewolf.
Nah, vampire lords are much more fun.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12265 on: June 21, 2014, 05:30:25 pm »

Be illusionist. Cast Frenzy on bandit. Watch the carnage and laugh maniacally.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #12266 on: June 21, 2014, 05:38:27 pm »

Werewolf is more fun when you've got the mod that replaces the werewolf model with the Incredible Hulk.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12267 on: June 23, 2014, 06:36:49 am »

Thought it would be a good idea to command the Elder Dragon I was riding to attack some Stormcloaks. When the dragon decided to land, the Stormcloaks quickly butchered the poor thing and promptly murdered me after I fell off the dragon.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12268 on: June 23, 2014, 08:27:03 am »

I hate you Tomahawk Man, I hate you so much, I want you to die.

Mega Man 6.

My Romulan and Klingon allies crashed into eachother at intercept speeds. Even a light nudge is enough to severely damage most ships, so the tiny Bird-of-Prey was instantly destroyed. And of course, every ally is plot-necessary, even though this game barely has a plot besides "Blow up ships and occasionally scan stuff".

Star Trek Bridge Commander.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 08:34:23 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12269 on: June 23, 2014, 10:36:52 am »

Goddamned OmniLaser. I thought Marluxia's Doom sleight was unfair, but this one is just bullshit. I an attack that covers pretty much the entire arena horizontally, and is often centered on you the moment it's used. It's easy enough to break, only a 12-point sleight, but like each of Marluxia's sleights, he uses it again immediately and instantly. Plus, he has infinite cards, and has tendency to use it right after Whirlwind of the Void(which knocks all your cards away). Worse, it does enough damage to 1- or 2-shot me before I can break it.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 816 817 [818] 819 820 ... 1575