Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 802 803 [804] 805 806 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371235 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12045 on: May 28, 2014, 02:43:40 pm »

Dojo of Death.
Black lives matter.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12046 on: May 28, 2014, 04:54:09 pm »

I'm a friendly neighborhood Soviet combat engineer. I blow down the door to the ammo bunker, find a lonely StG-44 with a bayonet, and continue walking to see this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Then I get killed by one of the many, many grenades the Germans are throwing to try and destroy it. Totally worth that golden situation, though. Red Orchestra 2.
How does one play RO2 correctly (and by that I mean minus the buggy bugs :x)
I can't finish the last mission of the german campaign due to those bugs (ie You've died! Respawn? > Respawns as a guy within the ground, usually near a trench but NOPE. Stuck in soil :v Can't suicide or grenade self...)
Step one: Stop playing singleplayer. :P

But, seriously, the RO2 AI is horrendous. They simply can't handle the terrain or proper tactics and have a frightening tendency to march single-file into machine gun fire, along with gems such as this:

The game is much more enjoyable when playing multiplayer.

Anyway, yes, a key part of surviving RO2 is staying low and in cover, since one bullet can do you in if it hits the right place. When you're scanning an area for enemies, either sit in a dark, secluded spot where the other guys are unlikely to see you or quickly peek out, look around, and go back into cover before your head is blown off. Move to a different spot and repeat until you feel it's safe to advance. Turning up the sound to a pretty good level (as far as your ears/housemates can handle) will help, since it'll make quieter sounds, like footsteps, more obvious, and can help you pin down where gunshots are coming from. There's plenty of tips that can be found on other forums, either for the game in general or specific classes.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12047 on: May 28, 2014, 05:03:46 pm »

Asylum Demon. Thrice. My poor FPS and inexperience with the controls didn't help.

Just wait. It gets better. And by better I mean more deaths.

Like in my case. I got torn at least 7 new assholes by the Asylum Demon's older cousin, the Stray Demon.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #12048 on: May 28, 2014, 07:45:19 pm »

I shot a shopkeeper (But I didn't shoot no assistant, oh nooooo) so I could steal a shotgun, then the next level I found a chick I could rescue. I had to drop my new shotgun but that was okay, I could pick it up later. However, at the end of the level I got ambushed by a rabid fellow shopkeeper seeking revenge. He immediately shot my meat shield helpless damsel, then starting firing at me. I managed to dodge a few shots, then dropped a bomb in a chokepoint so he could get intercepted by the explosion when he came to shoot me. Then he shot me before the bomb went off. And then when the bomb went off he died as well. So essentially we ended up with a situation where four people died for absolutely no gain at all, one of whom was a bystander with no involvement.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12049 on: May 28, 2014, 08:43:11 pm »

The trouble with switching from one character to another is remembering who can fly and who can't

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #12050 on: May 28, 2014, 09:14:00 pm »

Some human warrior threw some bolas at me, caught me off guard and tripped me, and proceed to metaphorically shove a spear up my butt while I tried to figure out how I'm supposed to disentangle myself from the bolas and get up off the floor.

I died.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12051 on: May 29, 2014, 12:05:56 am »

Respawn, immediately hear a beep.  Gun's lopsided so I pull the slide as I spin, looking for the drone.  It bounces off the doorway next to me and realigns, I have 2-3 seconds at most.  I fire, but it doesn't go down.

As the screen goes dark I stare dumbfounded at my gun, which was empty after that single shot.  Worst spawn ever!

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #12052 on: May 29, 2014, 12:10:41 am »

Now that you mention it, the turrets DO seem inconsistent in their weak points.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12053 on: May 29, 2014, 12:55:20 am »

Defeated the Moonlight Butterfly on the second try, climbed the tower beyond it and claimed the loot.

After pausing to ponder where to go next while still human, strolled absently off the top of the tower and fell to my death.

On the way to pick up my 15k souls I derped and got eaten by a tree.

:|

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #12054 on: May 29, 2014, 12:55:53 am »

:| indeed. Sorry to hear that.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12055 on: May 29, 2014, 10:12:55 am »

Flicked my head up to look at Hong Meirin's health bar during her Extreme Color Typhoon to see if I was actually hitting her. That's all it took.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12056 on: May 29, 2014, 10:36:28 am »

The stress from ruling lead me to an early grave. But its cool cause my son is awesome and the realm loves him more than me.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12057 on: May 29, 2014, 10:45:08 am »

Louis XIV is less trustworthy than Monty, Shaka, or even Catherine.  That backstabbing socialite switched religions when I built the AP, played friendly with me until my second mortal enemy Darius DoWed me with Elephants/knights.  Gone goes the capital and my culture run.  Shame, it was a decent run, and I got to kill my friendly neighbor who expanded up my backside.

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12058 on: May 29, 2014, 11:01:19 am »

Dug a hole to get some gold, and two birds flew overhead to attack me.  Recognizing them as using swoop attacks ordinarily (which would mean that I'm safe as long as they don't hit me), I jumped up with my spear to knock them back and get out of the hole, which would give me space to manoeuvre.  They spat acid in my face instead.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12059 on: May 29, 2014, 12:36:53 pm »

I was fighting against a tenth dan blackbelt, in an Aikido tourney. I had fought against equally high-ranking players before and won, so I expected it to be a challenging but surmountable fight.

I was wrong.

He punched me in the face so hard that I was instantly decapitated. He then proceeded to throw my limp body out of the ring like it was a toy.

I've failed.

Pages: 1 ... 802 803 [804] 805 806 ... 1575