Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 797 798 [799] 800 801 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371399 times)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11970 on: May 18, 2014, 08:07:38 am »

"Hey I didn't realise there was Alchemy in this game, this could be just the edge I n"*Very loud and deadly explosion.*

ADOM: The game that makes me think that I am getting better at roguelikes and worse at roguelikes at the same time.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11971 on: May 18, 2014, 08:29:01 am »

Friend and I came up against a freakishly skilled, highly coordinated group. He had connection issues and had to quit at the start, leaving me to deal with this with just a couple of mute strangers on my team.
This one guy with a bow was a major nuisance, he was constantly popping up behind us and taking us down before we could react. When I finally got around to putting a bomb at one of the places he'd often climb, one of his teammates came up via another path I'd forgotten about, surprised me with a smoke bomb, and stabbed me in the throat.

Still, I managed to get a few (incredibly satisfying) kills, notably when the latter guy came at my hiding place in the upper story of a building, took out the bomb I'd set and threw one of his own at me. It rolled down the stairs so I was able to avoid it, come up as he jumped in through the window, and take him out with a shot from my crappy pistol. I'd already wounded him, I guess. Then I took the time to walk up and shoot him dramatically in the head, because screw that guy. :P

The match ended with me, the last one on my team, charging out into the smoke-filled courtyard where the enemies were and chasing one of them around in circles, both of us trying to knife the other from behind. Then one of his buddies interrupted. With a two by four. Into my face. >.>
I downed about six enemies and only got a measly three kills... sad thing is I was the best on my team.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #11972 on: May 18, 2014, 10:24:53 am »

On consideration, putting an unidentified rune onto my Bleed III sword was a bad idea. It was a teleport rune. Bye-bye, Kladenets. Hello, orcs.

Edit: forgot about the meteors. It was indeed Red Rogue.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 12:18:18 pm by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11973 on: May 18, 2014, 10:36:36 am »

Is that the one where you're on the orbital platform? Because I'm sure I've cleaned the place out.

It's on a platform, yeah. There's two huge Confederate bases, and an ion cannon on the other side of the map with a little strip of unclaimed territory leading to it.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #11974 on: May 18, 2014, 11:01:01 am »

On consideration, putting an unidentified rune onto my Bleed III sword was a bad idea. It was a teleport rune. Bye-bye, Kladenets. Hello, orcs.
gonna prevent any meteors and say this is probably Red Rogue.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11975 on: May 18, 2014, 12:58:18 pm »

Accidentally turbo-sped against the rear end of a capital ship. Toasty.

X3:AP
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11976 on: May 18, 2014, 10:29:14 pm »

Edit: forgot about the meteors. It was indeed Red Rogue.
Sounds fun. Looking up.
Edit: Wait, it's already on my computer? Huh. Must have done this before.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11977 on: May 19, 2014, 09:46:16 am »

Accidentally turbo-sped against the rear end of a capital ship. Toasty.

X3:AP

Were you using the Auto-Pillock too?

Anyway my last death was on the field of battle in Normandy.  Then I realize I hadn't changed my chosen successor to my infant son and my dwarf cousin (who had a couple of counties in Wales) is now the King of Ireland. The joys of elective monarchy.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11978 on: May 19, 2014, 10:16:22 am »

Mixed tension room. There's a quickling at the forefront. It shrugs off a frost bolt that otherwise kills off half of everything right behind it. I manage to finish it off with Burning Hands, and another frost bolt to deal with the survivors behind it. There's still a lizardman and an ogre, and I'm down to one hitpoint from a female dark sage who first berserked, then panicked, then threw an energy bolt(she was killed by my second frost bolt). I back off a bit to recover a measley few hitpoints, then kill the lizardman. I take a swing at the ogre and he swings back.

"You miss the ogre. The ogre hits you. You die."
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11979 on: May 19, 2014, 10:37:11 am »

Not to be outdone by the WWII-era Americans in mainline, I constructed three nukes and loaded them in my newly-constructed aircraft carrier in preparation of my impending invasion of China.

Setting off nukes is a sure sign that the crap is about to fly, so I stationed my sizable (and nearly free - thanks, city-states!) army just outside of China's territory. For some reason, I thought I would signal my attack by stationing a unit of infantry in the foothills near Shanghai. "Surely they're far enough away to be okay."

As the research quote says,
Quote from: J. Robert Oppenheimer
"I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

Three nukes later, China is hurting and that infantry unit has single-digit HP and is near an angry Shanghai.

All's well that ends well, however. The only casualties are the aforementioned infantry and one squad of AA guns. They were gifts, though. No big loss.

Spoiler: TLDR (click to show/hide)

Civ 5. It's my first game, so I went with settler difficulty. I'm going to have to up that. This is more of a success story, but it involved the death of my people so I think it counts.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 10:40:06 am by Mephisto »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11980 on: May 19, 2014, 10:50:21 am »

Not...really? That sounds more like a moment of owning, since one would expect to lose more units than you did.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11981 on: May 19, 2014, 11:06:34 am »

My brother barely ever plays fighting games. I play them all the time.

The other day, he agreed to play Mortal Kombat with me. He played as Baraka, I was playing as Kabal. He damaged me to the point where one more hit could have killed me by spamming uppercuts. Luckily, I managed to block one, and quickly hit him with several extremely long combos. I was about to deliver a killing blow, but he blocked it and hit me with one more uppercut.

"TOASTEEEH"
"Baraka Wins!"

Mortal Kombat 9

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11982 on: May 19, 2014, 04:27:33 pm »

I finally make it through Sen's Fortress, and am about to fight the Iron Golem. I cross the fog door, run at him, block his air slashy attack, and begin to circle him when a massive blast of fire envelops the area, killing me. As I look around during the "YOU HAVE DIED" screen, I see a golem on top of a building, hurling bombs at boss area. Hrmm. Maybe I should kill him first...

Dark Souls.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11983 on: May 19, 2014, 04:29:03 pm »

Definitely go kill him first. And also, to the right of the fog door (before you go through it) is a small bridge to a single-room tower. If you're human, there's a fairly strong ally you can summon in there.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

oldark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11984 on: May 19, 2014, 04:50:14 pm »

Got blinded, rolled a critical fail, and fell into a big ass pit.   D&D
Pages: 1 ... 797 798 [799] 800 801 ... 1575