Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370403 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11175 on: March 08, 2014, 12:09:51 pm »

Meanwhile, in a nameless prison:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A glorious end to a prison that was getting boring. I had nearly 100% confiscation rates on all contraband because of all the metal detectors and guards, and my prison was made up of 90% max-security prisoners without incident. The riot was sparked by a food shortage in the secondary canteen.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11176 on: March 08, 2014, 12:49:32 pm »

That looks hilarious :D

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11177 on: March 08, 2014, 12:57:30 pm »

My Devastator-class cruiser a little too close to one of those Zolon destroyers. And I thought one-shotting a Hegemony frigate was something, goddamn

My laser turret was damaged, so I picked it up and placed it back down to fix it(somehow that works). Took two steps away before discovering that they don't always mark you as a friendly.

Normal difficulty. Never did see those water pipes actually remove the flames when I shot them. And I've actually had better success going for a non-kill with stun grenades than the Nagant. Only because it's oh-so-worth it tossing on around the corner to where he is and hearing him notice the grenade as it goes off.

88 humans survived the plague in fucking goddamned piece of shit Greenland. Fucking Greenland.

Plague Inc. Evolved
Greenland is the new Madagascar?
Yes. Because cold ...

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11178 on: March 08, 2014, 03:45:36 pm »

That looks hilarious :D
It was. I actually managed to save the prison, though, by sacking all my staff and locking everything down and waiting until 12 AM. With $15,000 in the bank, I hired as many armed guards as I could, called in three more riot police teams, and swept across the station shooting every rioter in sight. With the riot put down, I sacked most of the armed guards and sent the riot police home.

There were over a hundred corpses of prisoners, guards, and staff, no staff left, and a good fifty prisoners were shot and killed. Over the course of a couple days I hired more staff, pulled the bodies out, repaired the prison, and started admitting more max-security inmates. I'm waiting for another riot to occur that destroys the prison again.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11179 on: March 08, 2014, 03:47:23 pm »

Fuck Zinogre. That thing's not a wyvern. It's a Manectric on fucking steroids. How does it do backflips like that?

Got beaten to paste by him on my last cart because I decided to catch some bugs off his back instead of hitting him with another dual sword combo while he was down.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 03:53:43 pm by jaxy15 »
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11180 on: March 08, 2014, 08:11:21 pm »

Level 3 moddified nightblade steps onto an elevator.  pulls lever, thinking 'wweeeee!'

Level 3 nightblade sees elevator go underwater, no big deal.  Magicks.

level 3 nightblade looks about.  4 slaughterfish look back.

Level 3 nightblade was never heard from again.

Daggerfall.  Its been really good to me thus far; keeping it interestingly challenging.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11181 on: March 08, 2014, 09:04:20 pm »

I didn't even notice that I was standing next to an explosive barrel. Some sort of minigun-wielding mook shot it, blowing me to pieces. I died with -37 health.

Quake II. It's ugly and dated, but I still love it. Plus it was only $2 for the CD version with kickass music, versus the $10 Steam version which has no music at all.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11182 on: March 08, 2014, 09:46:16 pm »

Seriously...... Just, really. 20 people were meeting up in grimdale in the church, so I went to join them. I was bandit because I killed a group of people who attacked me, so those jerks killed me. I respawned and came back over, and the same guy killed me without letting me explain. Eventually, I joined them, and THE SAME GODDAMN GUY WALKS OVER AND SHOOTS ME. COME ON DUDE. LET IT GO. I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING.

A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11183 on: March 08, 2014, 10:35:23 pm »

So, had a great character that lived for more than a week, the trench knife he started with proving a very effective weapon. However, looting an electronics store, I found a skeletal dog that just seemed to dodge everything I threw at it and bypass my armor. It whittled me down after not too long, but before I hadn't any trouble getting rid of such dogs.

Cataclysm: DDA
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11184 on: March 09, 2014, 04:34:09 am »

Me and the fighter were extremely poisoned.
I'm a cleric!
I didn't prepare neutralize poison.
I prepared Summon Monster IV!
Unicorns aren't in Summon Monster.
I have the animal domain, worship Obad-Hai, and my DM has mercy!
The unicorn can only cure poison once per day.
I'm the cleric... besides, the fighter will almost certainly die whereas I have 11 CON left.  The unicorn cures him.
/roll 2d6 CON damage... 6+6=12

No regrets.  I cast every fourth, third, and all but one second level spell in that one fight.  Our faerie tricked people into walking into "The source of my power!", IE a wall of electrical death.  Our fighter survived with 2/180 hp.  After a death this great, I'm not sure I want to be resurrected.

D&D 3.5e
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11185 on: March 09, 2014, 05:17:46 am »

A full platoon of magriders and lesser tanks backed with a galaxy, three scythes and infantry galore crosses a bridge into Terran territory. Time to curbstomp, the Vanu say.

Then I look to my left and see six heavy infantry just as they open fire with rockets as a TR tank leaves the woods. Not a single Vanu  crossed the bridge for over an hour.

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11186 on: March 09, 2014, 05:53:54 am »

Got blown up when a shell the size of a small car hit the back of my stupidly exposed turret. Incidentally I pissed of the owner of said doomcannon a few minutes earlier when I bounced two of his shots in a row. He has a 20+ second reload time, so you can probably see how annoying that was for him.

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11187 on: March 09, 2014, 11:58:42 am »

I was fighting to establish a foothold in the nearby city, just trying got clear the zombies out so that I could rest, heal,  and keep fighting.
Oh, look! A group is within distance! I'll just press 'x' and see how they're set up!
As it turned out, I didn't hit the key. I waltzed right into their zombie faces.
Me and my two by sword didn't stand a chance.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #11188 on: March 09, 2014, 01:46:18 pm »

Botnet golems...

THe AI just sent A SHIT ton of Shredders.
If you know, shredders make more of them as they damage.

Botnet golems, when they kill AI's, they make the dead ships ZOMBIE AI's that are uncontrollable, and i believe slightly tougher.
 an hour later, the area is around be is surrounded by zombie AI's, they don't attack me, and 8 or so of the surrounding systems are left dead.
they fucked up fortress's.
:D
Guess who found A AI Design back up containing shredders that hasn't been pillaged by the  zombu shredders?

Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11189 on: March 09, 2014, 02:45:06 pm »

I finally decided to figure out how to play this damn game, despite how utterly baffling it is.
A... few hours in (jeez, has it been that long already?!) and I'm finally into it, thanks to a ridiculously dramatic shootout at a car factory. The squad started off just cautiously sweeping the building, splitting up and searching the factory floor without any signs of trouble. Then one guy spots a figure coming up a ramp from a lower floor.
I order him and his companion to move to firing positions, quickly order the other two to sprint back across from the other side of the building, pulse-pounding 80s trance music starts to play, bullets and laser shots start flying...
Good grief, that was intense. A pity everyone died horribly, even Tatanya who distinguished herself as the only one worth a damn.

Time to avenge those poor bastards.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 1575