Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370203 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10980 on: February 19, 2014, 02:35:03 am »

I lost a rocket duel against a friend of a friend in double overtime.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10981 on: February 19, 2014, 09:12:35 am »

Lesson learned, don't fight a Rathian with negative resistance to fire. The fireballs REALLY hurt if you're caught off guard. It's like Skyrim on hardcore mode.

EDIT: Okay, I made some Rhenoplos armor. It didn't make the fireballs MUCH weaker, but it helped kill it. Also I got a plate.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 12:06:20 pm by jaxy15 »
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10982 on: February 19, 2014, 04:53:49 pm »

The campaign is such bullshit. Every time, the enemy starts overrunning my provinces, and immediately places a guard of ironically incorruptible thieves and brigands that I have no chance in hell of beating. Meanwhile, the only guard I can ever build is the single Adventurer's contract from the tavern. No win situation.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10983 on: February 19, 2014, 05:05:24 pm »

Playing SSBB against two CPUs.
Got bored and killed myself twice.
Black lives matter.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10984 on: February 19, 2014, 06:23:48 pm »

The campaign is such bullshit. Every time, the enemy starts overrunning my provinces, and immediately places a guard of ironically incorruptible thieves and brigands that I have no chance in hell of beating. Meanwhile, the only guard I can ever build is the single Adventurer's contract from the tavern. No win situation.

Yeah, that's your fault. There are like a bajillion different buildings that give you guards. You should get at least one of them as soon as possible.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10985 on: February 19, 2014, 06:34:36 pm »

Figured I'd get back to playing MHFU, after about four months of not playing. Load the save, and take the "Elegy for a Lone Wolf" Quest. Have to fight a rank 8 One-Eared Yian Garuga. That's one level away from top rank. Get in, and proceed to start beating the tar out of it. Break it's face, cut off it's other ear, bust the claws off both wings, and cut off it's tail. Every destructible part of this monster has been destructed. Then, as if sensing defeat, just cheeses the HELL out of the rest of the fight. Starts stunlocking, spamming fireballs (I have a -13 resistance to fire.), and generally being a large, throbbing dick. Still manage to get him weak enough so he starts limping, but I was on my last try, with no healing items left. He catches me with a stray fireball, and one shots me. So close, but yet so far. Still, after not playing for four months and still doing better than I did before is pretty awesome.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, "Elegy for a Lone Wolf" Rank 8.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10986 on: February 19, 2014, 08:52:45 pm »

Subway Surfers.
Wasn't paying attention and hit a subway car.
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10987 on: February 19, 2014, 09:21:40 pm »

So I started my latest game of Nethack with a spellbook of "Stone to Flesh." I tried it out on a nearby boulder, turning it into a "Giant chunk of meat." Curious, I stepped over it and hit 'e'
"There is a giant chunk of meat here, eat it (y/n)"
Awesome! I thought. (y)
"You are having some trouble getting it all down. Keep eating giant chunk of meat?"
I have started this. I cannot stop. (y)
"You choke on your food. You die...
Do you want your possessions identified?"
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 01:39:18 am by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #10988 on: February 19, 2014, 10:00:48 pm »

He died as he lived, eating ridiculous amounts of meat that was, a short time ago, a boulder. Man, that guy was weird.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10989 on: February 20, 2014, 01:38:26 am »

Wouldn't Flesh to Stone turn flesh into stone?
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10990 on: February 20, 2014, 01:41:20 am »

I meant "Stone to Flesh."

BTW, do NOT cast Flesh to Stone on your pet. It doesn't make them stronger, it just makes you sad :(

Nethack.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10991 on: February 20, 2014, 03:04:51 am »

He died as he lived, eating ridiculous amounts of meat that was, a short time ago, a boulder. Man, that guy was weird.

I imagine the chunks of meat look like giant meatballs.

Also, I'm kind of glad you can't cast Stone to Flesh on the dungeon walls. Though that could also work as a tunnelling method.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10992 on: February 20, 2014, 03:34:55 am »

I didn't die, but in a massive failure, I accidentally made my Bellsprout forget Vine Whip to learn Stun Spore. I had meant to make it forget Growth instead, but now it only has Wrap to do damage with. And the kicker? This came right before it evolved into Weepingbell, which I had been waiting for ever since I caught the stupid thing because I love Weepingbell.

Pokemon Blue. People more experienced at Pokemon than I am, should I start over with another Bellsprout or is there a TM somewhere that has Vine Whip in it?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10993 on: February 20, 2014, 03:46:08 am »

"Hey, this map looks easy!"

« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 03:49:01 am by HFS »

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10994 on: February 20, 2014, 04:04:12 am »

I didn't die, but in a massive failure, I accidentally made my Bellsprout forget Vine Whip to learn Stun Spore. I had meant to make it forget Growth instead, but now it only has Wrap to do damage with. And the kicker? This came right before it evolved into Weepingbell, which I had been waiting for ever since I caught the stupid thing because I love Weepingbell.

Pokemon Blue. People more experienced at Pokemon than I am, should I start over with another Bellsprout or is there a TM somewhere that has Vine Whip in it?

I don't think there is a TM for Vine Whip, though from what I remember Wrap does a percentage of the enemy Pokemons health in damage.

Edit: Uh, wait. I lie. Wrap's the one that prevents the enemy from attacking for 2-5 turns while it deals damage.

Weepinbell learns Razor Leaf at 38 and Acid at 29 in Pokémon Blue.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 04:06:04 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 1575