Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 729 730 [731] 732 733 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370361 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10950 on: February 15, 2014, 04:29:41 pm »

~40% Health, no pistol ammo, and only a handful of shotgun shells. Thankfully, the next level was swimming in former sergeants.

Ah, that explains that then. Yeah, you'd probably get slaughtered then. Never mind.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #10951 on: February 15, 2014, 04:52:00 pm »

Turned a corner. Former sergeant fired a shotgun shell straight into a fuel barrel. The end.

DoomRL
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #10952 on: February 15, 2014, 06:58:32 pm »

Rockets.  A shotgun is not powerful enough to put them down.  A chaingun/exp to use it did a fair job at it, though.
I hadn't actually found a rocket launcher by that point, and I had specialized in pistols. Surprisingly powerful when you get to higher levels.

Checking the shambler description ingame implies that they "shrug off explosions" so I don't know if rockets would be as effective as they could be. Against a lone shambler a shotgun with a shottie based build can work, you just need to abuse corners and dodge regularly if in the open while getting as close to the shambler for maximum damage as possible.

Pistols are indeed really effective with all their perks, and a marine bulletdancer can be tankier than the other classes' pistol builds and shoot slightly faster. Against two shamblers though, you're probably doomed if you can't focus fire them down with pistols fast enough. I cleared Deimos Lab, like, once. I don't remember how I pulled that off, except I killed the shamblers one at a time and avoided having them both attack me at once. Most of the time I don't bother with the two shamblers usually, because when I do I usually die without coming lose to killing them.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10953 on: February 15, 2014, 11:34:39 pm »

Explosion still do damage them, they just have massively reduced splash damage. Plasma shotguns or normal ones with AoTD rip ol' shambles to pieces. The trick to killing them is to dish out as much damage as you can as quick as possible.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10954 on: February 16, 2014, 12:12:36 am »

The trick to killing them is to dish out as much damage as you can as quick as possible.

I think that's the trick to killing most things in DoomRL. At the least, it's a good strategy.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10955 on: February 16, 2014, 12:28:59 am »

Mobbed by wolves in my shelter. Damn. And I had such a good run too.

Cataclysim:DDA
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10956 on: February 16, 2014, 12:21:06 pm »

Crazy Yuif hits you with a quarterstaff of chaos!
Space warps horribly around you!
Ouch! That really hurt!
You die...

Wow, first hit too. GG, Crazy Yuif, GG.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10957 on: February 16, 2014, 04:43:49 pm »

Even with my party of a Sage Mimir, Wyvern, Unicorn, Lightning Eze, an Angel, and something else I can't remember, Zahhak beat me.
Damn you, Light and Dark summons being good against each other!

Brave Forntier (an iOS game)
Black lives matter.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10958 on: February 16, 2014, 04:48:03 pm »

Did you misspell Frontier, or is that how the game does it?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10959 on: February 16, 2014, 04:53:30 pm »

Dammit!
Curse you, iPhone not recognizing that isn't a word!
Black lives matter.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #10960 on: February 16, 2014, 06:16:34 pm »

While not technically a "death" resulting in loss, but while playing Final Fantasy (not FFVII or FFIX, mind you!), I go up to Astos with the CROWN, and immediately after my Black Mage, uncreatively named BkMg, uses ICE... RUB! And he was "erased". Darn. Ah well, Fgtr, Thef, and RdMg did the job just fine.

(this picture has been removed or deleted prevented from existing because it was awful)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #10961 on: February 16, 2014, 08:46:22 pm »

While not technically a "death" resulting in loss, but while playing Final Fantasy (not FFVII or FFIX, mind you!), I go up to Astos with the CROWN, and immediately after my Black Mage, uncreatively named BkMg, uses ICE... RUB! And he was "erased". Darn. Ah well, Fgtr, Thef, and RdMg did the job just fine.

(this picture has been removed or deleted prevented from existing because it was awful)

Which Final Fantasy?
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #10962 on: February 16, 2014, 08:58:14 pm »

Just "Final Fantasy". The first one. The one named "Final Fantasy". The one 8-Bit Theater was based on. Which is the reason I named my party members Fgtr, Thef, BkMg, and RdMg.

Darn the 4-letter name limit.

Just went into the raws of DF and modded in Black Mages from that specific game, with spells like FIR2, (yay, copying fireball raws!) LIT2, (Yay, really hot gold intended to imitate lightning!) and ICE2 (Yay, platinum that's always at exactly 1 Urist of temperature!).
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10963 on: February 17, 2014, 12:39:59 am »

This was by far the deepest I've gotten yet, but alas it ended. I made it down to DL 9 as my latest monk, Longem, picking up a bunch of cool powers and 2 kittens on the way. They grew into "large cats" somehow, I was kicking ass, it was awesome. I'd learned to avoid many YASD by now. But then I entered a shop.
"Welcome to my zoo!"
Goddamnit, wtf is the point of zoos? It seems pretty cheap to me, luring you into a shop just so a bunch of monsters can kill you when you open the door.

Nethack.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10964 on: February 17, 2014, 12:53:34 am »

This was by far the deepest I've gotten yet, but alas it ended. I made it down to DL 9 as my latest monk, Longem, picking up a bunch of cool powers and 2 kittens on the way. They grew into "large cats" somehow, I was kicking ass, it was awesome. I'd learned to avoid many YASD by now. But then I entered a shop.
"Welcome to my zoo!"
Goddamnit, wtf is the point of zoos? It seems pretty cheap to me, luring you into a shop just so a bunch of monsters can kill you when you open the door.

Nethack.

Want to know a trick?  You might already, but if you don't...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 729 730 [731] 732 733 ... 1575